Halo 4 is going to be better than Halo 3.

I know that the above statement will stir things up but it’s in many ways probably true. You kids are bashing this game calling it a CoD ripoff and all that fun mumbo jumbo. Halo may be heading into a more CoD-like state but that isn’t a bad thing.

The things that make CoD rediculous are Killstreaks and .2 second kill times. Halo 4 as we know of right now has neither of them. From what it looks like the kill times actually look close to if not a little longer than Halo 3. Reach’s kill times are rediulously long. Go back and play Halo 3 and you’ll see what I mean. It’s almost tooo fast if you land nades or shots right.

One of the things that CoD does right is weapon loadouts. The problem with CoD is they let you choose anything. Halo as we know of will not head that route. We will get to choose Starting weapon, Secondary Weapon, AA, Nades.

Let’s just get AA’s out of the way now… Halo 3 equipment was much more OP than AAs. I know you don’t spawn with them but they respawn often and are super op… Regen on the pit? PD on Contruct? They are insane good. With AA’s you get to choose how you want to play. Tactics…

Starting Items. I’m sure 343 won’t do what CoD does. It’ll probably be more along the lines of BR, DMR, AR for starts. 3sk pistol with slow RoF, 6sk pistol with fast RoF for secondary. Frags, Plasma, other nades for nade spot. In CoD you can spawn with a rocket…

I know I’m doing a ton of CoD talking so I’ll talk more on to why Halo 4 should be better than Halo 3.

First off… Halo 3 really isn’t that great of a game. Their are many reasons why the game is a big pile of broke but you guys should know that.

H3 is Projectile H4 is hitscan…

H3 you are forced to start with a certain weapon. H4 you get a nice choice. Find out what works for you and run with it. Their will also be a classic playlist so have fun with that if you want.

IMO Halo 3 maps sucked. Cold Storage being one of the better maps. I can’t really talk on what I think about H4’s maps considering I’ve only seen 2. I really don’t think they can mess up maps any worse than Halo 3’s though. I know some of you might disagree but I don’t care. Halo 2’s maps were far better than Halo 3’s and I think Halo 4 could beat out Halo 3’s map set easily. I just hope they don’t build the maps with the AA’s in mind.

Halo 3 had a horrible netcode and lags a little at least once a game. Halo 4 will not have a horrible latency problem after the first couple weeks. I’d bet money that Halo 4 will run a ton smoother than Halo 3.

The BR in Halo 3 as said way above is projectile. The one in Halo 4 is hitscan. The only other game to have a hitscan BR is Halo 2. The BR worked way better in Halo 2 than Halo 3. It shouldn’t be hard to figure out that Halo 4 will have a much better BR than Halo 3.

Their are many reasons IMO as to why Halo 4 should be much better than Halo 3. I’d be happy to hear some of your arguments against my opinions. Just keep it civil and remember this is just my opinion.

Change isn’t always a bad thing. I think Halo is moving in the right direction. The only thing I really didn’t like that I heard about was Forerunner vision. It’s cool that it helps against camping but it kinda sounds a little crazy.

TL;DR I think Halo 4 will be better than Halo 3. You can tell me the reasons as to why you agree or disagree.

I’m still walking into this with caution because of Halo’s notorious track record of being fun but still letting me down.

Also, I still affirm that Halo 3 is the worst Halo game to date… Give Reach’s TU playlists and ZB playlists (with less AA’s) a 1-50 rank and nobody would be talking about Halo 3 anymore.

Even Reach was better than Halo 3. So yeah…

> Even Reach was better than Halo 3. So yeah…

Thank you. This is what I’m talking about. I don’t get why people freak out and want Halo 4 to be anything like Halo 3. The game was such a mess in nearly every way. The only thing good Halo 3 did was introduce forge and theater.

> > Even Reach was better than Halo 3. So yeah…
>
>
>
> Thank you. This is what I’m talking about. I don’t get why people freak out and want Halo 4 to be anything like Halo 3. The game was such a mess in nearly every way. The only thing good Halo 3 did was introduce forge and theater.

Yep, though at least it had a ranking system. Ultimately, it was a poor version of Halo 2 with updated graphics.

> > > Even Reach was better than Halo 3. So yeah…
> >
> >
> >
> > Thank you. This is what I’m talking about. I don’t get why people freak out and want Halo 4 to be anything like Halo 3. The game was such a mess in nearly every way. The only thing good Halo 3 did was introduce forge and theater.
>
> Yep, though at least it had a ranking system. Ultimately, it was a poor version of Halo 2 with updated graphics.

While Halo 2 still had it’s faults like glitches and mods in MM it was still way better than Halo 3. Guns worked and the gameplay was fun but still easy enough for people to pick up and play. Not to mention the maps were fantastic for each playlist. Halo 3 had a horrible map set. As much as I love 1-50 people E-peened the crap out of them. I’ve never heard as much bashing as I did in Halo 3. Halo 2 ranks over 40 were so hard to obtain that people didn’t really gloat about them much. Even when they did people just disreguarded them and let them know how they manipulated that system to pull host. H3 had a service record that people could use to instantly start bashing.

> > > > Even Reach was better than Halo 3. So yeah…
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Thank you. This is what I’m talking about. I don’t get why people freak out and want Halo 4 to be anything like Halo 3. The game was such a mess in nearly every way. The only thing good Halo 3 did was introduce forge and theater.
> >
> > Yep, though at least it had a ranking system. Ultimately, it was a poor version of Halo 2 with updated graphics.
>
> While Halo 2 still had it’s faults like glitches and mods in MM it was still way better than Halo 3. Guns worked and the gameplay was fun but still easy enough for people to pick up and play. Not to mention the maps were fantastic for each playlist. Halo 3 had a horrible map set. As much as I love 1-50 people E-peened the crap out of them. I’ve never heard as much bashing as I did in Halo 3. Halo 2 ranks over 40 were so hard to obtain that people didn’t really gloat about them much. Even when they did people just disreguarded them and let them know how they manipulated that system to pull host. H3 had a service record that people could use to instantly start bashing.

You said it. People over 40 were usually just insulted anyway. When someone could actually back up being a legit 40+ in a custom it generally was a mental thought of “o shi”.

H2 had it’s flaws, but the fun of the game overshadowed them all.

> I’m still walking into this with caution because of Halo’s notorious track record of being fun but still letting me down.
>
> Also, I still affirm that Halo 3 is the worst Halo game to date… Give Reach’s TU playlists and ZB playlists (with less AA’s) a 1-50 rank and nobody would be talking about Halo 3 anymore.

with 110 or 120 move and jump and AAs on the map (one of each) + a 1-50 then yeh you would be right

thats what was frstrating with reach, it had everything it needed to be great but decided not to do it

Please tell me you mean Reach Post-Patch (TU Reach). If so, I agree.

I can hardly believe what I am reading. Halo 3 was a great game. It introduced forge and theater, had a fun campaign, and competitive multiplayer. I think I liked Reach better, but they were both great games.

The only thing bad about H3 was the server,other than that reach isn’t better than 3.

> The only thing I really didn’t like that I heard about was Forerunner vision. It’s cool that it helps against camping but it kinda sounds a little crazy.

From the sound of it, it will only allow you to see through nearby walls. That and we still have no idea how it’s activated.

From that it doesn’t actually sound very useful for anything except for avoiding someone camping around a corner.

The ranking was probably the best thing from Halo 3. Without that, I don’t think we would mention it much… Too many issues that the OP mentioned.

> > Even Reach was better than Halo 3. So yeah…
>
>
>
> Thank you. This is what I’m talking about. I don’t get why people freak out and want Halo 4 to be anything like Halo 3. The game was such a mess in nearly every way. The only thing good Halo 3 did was introduce forge and theater.

Are you blind how is Reach better than Halo 3 look at the population of Reach now a year and a half since it came out then look at Halo 3s population a year and a half after it came out or even 2-3 years it did way better than Reach.

> >
> >
> >
> > Thank you. This is what I’m talking about. I don’t get why people freak out and want Halo 4 to be anything like Halo 3. The game was such a mess in nearly every way. The only thing good Halo 3 did was introduce forge and theater.
>
> Are you blind how is Reach better than Halo 3 look at the population of Reach now a year and a half since it came out then look at Halo 3s population a year and a half after it came out or even 2-3 years it did way better than Reach.

No, no, Post-Patch Reach >

Honestly, I know it’s not everyones thing, but the MLG ZBNS settings are about 1000x> than Halo 3.

> >
> >
> >
>
> Are you blind how is Reach better than Halo 3 look at the population of Reach now a year and a half since it came out then look at Halo 3s population a year and a half after it came out or even 2-3 years it did way better than Reach.

I lol at the population thing…

Halos population dropped with each game. Every games population has been dropping. Look at Gears and any other popular shooter other than CoD. It’s because everyone likes CoD because it’s tooo easy and everyone can feel good playing it. Halo 3’s population as a whole dropped much quicker than Halo 2’s but that probably also because Halo 2 had very little competition.

If were going to do the popularity thing I guess Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops are the two best games ever.

Popularity doesn’t mean something is good or bad.

Justin Bieber…

Too much H3 hate. You lost me when you said cold storage was the best map and all the others sucked… I could not disagree with you more. I loved H3 and I would love it if H4 was better that H3.

> > > > > Even Reach was better than Halo 3. So yeah…
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Thank you. This is what I’m talking about. I don’t get why people freak out and want Halo 4 to be anything like Halo 3. The game was such a mess in nearly every way. The only thing good Halo 3 did was introduce forge and theater.
> > >
> > > Yep, though at least it had a ranking system. Ultimately, it was a poor version of Halo 2 with updated graphics.
> >
> > While Halo 2 still had it’s faults like glitches and mods in MM it was still way better than Halo 3. Guns worked and the gameplay was fun but still easy enough for people to pick up and play. Not to mention the maps were fantastic for each playlist. Halo 3 had a horrible map set. As much as I love 1-50 people E-peened the crap out of them. I’ve never heard as much bashing as I did in Halo 3. Halo 2 ranks over 40 were so hard to obtain that people didn’t really gloat about them much. Even when they did people just disreguarded them and let them know how they manipulated that system to pull host. H3 had a service record that people could use to instantly start bashing.
>
> You said it. People over 40 were usually just insulted anyway. When someone could actually back up being a legit 40+ in a custom it generally was a mental thought of “o shi”.
>
> H2 had it’s flaws, but the fun of the game overshadowed them all.

If you think Halo 3’s map set was horrible, just look at Reach’s

> > > > > > Even Reach was better than Halo 3. So yeah…
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Thank you. This is what I’m talking about. I don’t get why people freak out and want Halo 4 to be anything like Halo 3. The game was such a mess in nearly every way. The only thing good Halo 3 did was introduce forge and theater.
> > > >
> > > > Yep, though at least it had a ranking system. Ultimately, it was a poor version of Halo 2 with updated graphics.
> > >
> > > While Halo 2 still had it’s faults like glitches and mods in MM it was still way better than Halo 3. Guns worked and the gameplay was fun but still easy enough for people to pick up and play. Not to mention the maps were fantastic for each playlist. Halo 3 had a horrible map set. As much as I love 1-50 people E-peened the crap out of them. I’ve never heard as much bashing as I did in Halo 3. Halo 2 ranks over 40 were so hard to obtain that people didn’t really gloat about them much. Even when they did people just disreguarded them and let them know how they manipulated that system to pull host. H3 had a service record that people could use to instantly start bashing.
> >
> > You said it. People over 40 were usually just insulted anyway. When someone could actually back up being a legit 40+ in a custom it generally was a mental thought of “o shi”.
> >
> > H2 had it’s flaws, but the fun of the game overshadowed them all.
>
> If you think Halo 3’s map set was horrible, just look at Reach’s

I know that Reach had the worst maps out of any game. Halo 3’s weren’t good either. They weren’t the worst but they weren’t good. They were more like good enough… Halo CE and Halo 2 had the good maps. Halo 2 maps will never be touched. I can almost guarantee that their will never be another Halo game that has a map set like Halo 2’s. I’d cry with joy if their ever is one… With how great H2 maps were H3’s were such letdowns. Citadel, Cold Storage, Valhalla, Last Resort, Avalanche, Guardian, Sandtrap were about the only maps that weren’t crap but they were still sub par when compared with Halo 2 maps. I can find something wrong with just about every other map in Halo 3. That includes crappy 2 box 6 hallway map aka The Pit. Which is the most overrated map in any game ever.

So, I almost agree with MLG ZBNS being as godless as H3. Except the maps were designed for sprint. I beleive the walk shown should be a bit faster. Sniper is too easy to headshot with and no gravity should return and it woul be an amazing playlist…also an increase in population would be needed.

In reply to OP …I almst,fully agree with you, loadouts, okay as you said. No lower weps. But it sulked only be a choice of your primary wep. Not two …nades good…but AA…please no.

AAs in Reach are much more op than equipment in H3…there really isn’t question…make them pick ups! Then it would be awesome!

I agree with hitscan

And H3s netcode was shocking too