Halo 4 is getting old...

Halo 4 is really getting old. When I first played Halo 4 I thought it was fun for about a week. Now I get so frustrated and burnt out on this game within 2 or 3 matches. I’ve been a die hard halo fan since halo 2, constantly defending it, even reach. I mean I had doubts about reach because of armor lock. But I still had fun on it. I could play reach and halo 3 for hours and not get burnt out on it.

My main problem with halo 4 is the fast pace of it. You spawn, you die, you respawn, then die again. Rinse and repeat. That’s what I hated about CoD and halo was a refreshing change from that. Now halo is CoD with a BR, DMR, and shields. Then everyone has a DMR and spams you across map, they all have sticky grenades and kill stick you (That’s my term for sticking you right before they die).

The boltshot. Now I know everyone has been complaining about this for a while now, but it’s so -Yoinking!- annoying. The random ordinance. This pisses me off as well. I liked how the other halos you had to work and push your way into the power weapon spawn and get those power weapons, and then 130 seconds later go and do it again. Now you never know where it is and who has it.

Instant respawn. Before the game came out I thought this was a good idea because in reach all you had to do was put on octagon settings and simulate instant respawn and I thought it was ok. Now You kill someone, they respawn and kill you before your shields recharge… WTF!!! You can’t pickup grenades on the ground without some -Yoink- perk (Forgot the actual name but it’s a rip off CoD). I mean come on 343 be more original. CoD was selling better than halo so they rip its main features and replace halos’ with it.

Playlists. What the -Yoink- is up with that -Yoink-. Really? Cycling them? That’s so -Yoinking!- stupid. Halo has always had every single one of its playlists out there for you to play. When you get bored of team slayer, play rumble pit (The real FFA not some -Yoink- regicide that replaced it)then when you got bored of that play some snipers and then swat. On halo 4 you can only play their bs playlists that they cycle each week.

I know people are going to be like “You can’t adapt so -Yoink-, nobody wants the same game over and over”. I know, that’s CoD’s thing, but don’t change the whole game and everything that made halo unique from the other FPS games. Now it’s just like the rest of them. Infuriating.

Leave your thoughts below.

If halo reach starts to have a better population then Halo 4, I will rage so hard.

> If halo reach starts to have a better population then Halo 4, I will rage so hard.

I seriously don’t understand why everyone isn’t just boycotting both Reach AND Halo 4 and migrating back to Halo 3. Which despite not being perfect IMO, is still the last true Halo game, and is the only one we can still play on LIVE.

That would INSTANTLY get 343i and MS’ attention.

But nope, gamers aren’t smart enough to group up and do something REAL to show the passion and love they have for something when it is mistreated. They just whine about it, which gets nowhere, then move on to the next piece of -Yoink- they release.

> > If halo reach starts to have a better population then Halo 4, I will rage so hard.
>
> I seriously don’t understand why everyone isn’t just boycotting both Reach AND Halo 4 and migrating back to Halo 3. Which despite not being perfect IMO, is still the last true Halo game, and is the only one we can still play on LIVE.
>
> That would INSTANTLY get 343i and MS’ attention.
>
> But nope, gamers aren’t smart enough to group up and do something REAL to show the passion and love they have for something when it is mistreated. They just whine about it, which gets nowhere, then move on to the next piece of Yoink! they release.

Yeah! then we can migrate back to halo 2- Oh wait.

> > If halo reach starts to have a better population then Halo 4, I will rage so hard.
>
> I seriously don’t understand why everyone isn’t just boycotting both Reach AND Halo 4 and migrating back to Halo 3. Which despite not being perfect IMO, is still the last true Halo game, and is the only one we can still play on LIVE.
>
>
> But nope, gamers aren’t smart enough to group up and do something REAL to show the passion and love they have for something when it is mistreated. They just whine about it, which gets nowhere, then move on to the next piece of Yoink! they release.

^ This

Halo is dead, or at least in it’s original form.

It all goes down hill from here, thank god I moved on to LoL.

Halo 3 had it all… sigh.

> > > If halo reach starts to have a better population then Halo 4, I will rage so hard.
> >
> > I seriously don’t understand why everyone isn’t just boycotting both Reach AND Halo 4 and migrating back to Halo 3. Which despite not being perfect IMO, is still the last true Halo game, and is the only one we can still play on LIVE.
> >
> > That would INSTANTLY get 343i and MS’ attention.
> >
> > But nope, gamers aren’t smart enough to group up and do something REAL to show the passion and love they have for something when it is mistreated. They just whine about it, which gets nowhere, then move on to the next piece of Yoink! they release.
>
> ^ This
>
> Halo is dead, or at least in it’s original form.
>
> It all goes down hill from here, thank god I moved on to LoL.

You can play more than one game at a time. There is no reason to pretend to be loyal because it doesn’t mean anything.

> > > > If halo reach starts to have a better population then Halo 4, I will rage so hard.
> > >
> > > I seriously don’t understand why everyone isn’t just boycotting both Reach AND Halo 4 and migrating back to Halo 3. Which despite not being perfect IMO, is still the last true Halo game, and is the only one we can still play on LIVE.
> > >
> > > That would INSTANTLY get 343i and MS’ attention.
> > >
> > > But nope, gamers aren’t smart enough to group up and do something REAL to show the passion and love they have for something when it is mistreated. They just whine about it, which gets nowhere, then move on to the next piece of Yoink! they release.
> >
> > ^ This
> >
> > Halo is dead, or at least in it’s original form.
> >
> > It all goes down hill from here, thank god I moved on to LoL.
>
> You can play more than one game at a time. There is no reason to pretend to be loyal because it doesn’t mean anything.

Yeah but I always have a main game that I put my time into. I don’t like to game hop and be mediocre at everything.

People like you make me realize the world may actually end on the 21st.

> People like you make me realize the world may actually end on the 21st.

God forbid someone’s opinion differ from you.

> > > > > If halo reach starts to have a better population then Halo 4, I will rage so hard.
> > > >
> > > > I seriously don’t understand why everyone isn’t just boycotting both Reach AND Halo 4 and migrating back to Halo 3. Which despite not being perfect IMO, is still the last true Halo game, and is the only one we can still play on LIVE.
> > > >
> > > > That would INSTANTLY get 343i and MS’ attention.
> > > >
> > > > But nope, gamers aren’t smart enough to group up and do something REAL to show the passion and love they have for something when it is mistreated. They just whine about it, which gets nowhere, then move on to the next piece of Yoink! they release.
> > >
> > > ^ This
> > >
> > > Halo is dead, or at least in it’s original form.
> > >
> > > It all goes down hill from here, thank god I moved on to LoL.
> >
> > You can play more than one game at a time. There is no reason to pretend to be loyal because it doesn’t mean anything.
>
> Yeah but I always have a main game that I put my time into. I don’t like to game hop and be mediocre at everything.

Who cares? You’ll be “good” at a game and then the sequel comes out and you’ll hop over to that game, start all over and try again to be good at that game. In the end it really doesn’t matter because you think being good is a justification of having fun.

Look at my gamertag: DSight. I’ve played over 250 games and I had a lot of fun because I don’t worry about being “good”, I just have fun. I realize that once you become “good” at a game, no one will notice and everyone moves on to the next game and doesn’t remember who was good or who was bad from the last game.

Unless you perceive being good as having fun in your eyes, then I understand, but you’re missing out on a lot of amazing and fun experiences out there that don’t require being good.

I like how people that just got into halo at reach or halo 4 think this game is the -Yoink- (which it is if you didn’t play the games that actually drew in all the halo fans) But to each his own opinion. Just wanted to share my thoughts. But I know that I’m not the only one with this mindset and opinion. The halo 4 online population is dropping quick. But halo 4’s campaign was amazing props to 343 for that. Just whoever designed multiplayer needs a punch in the face. If I could get on halo 2 multiplayer right now I would.

> > > If halo reach starts to have a better population then Halo 4, I will rage so hard.
> >
> > I seriously don’t understand why everyone isn’t just boycotting both Reach AND Halo 4 and migrating back to Halo 3. Which despite not being perfect IMO, is still the last true Halo game, and is the only one we can still play on LIVE.
> >
> > That would INSTANTLY get 343i and MS’ attention.
> >
> > But nope, gamers aren’t smart enough to group up and do something REAL to show the passion and love they have for something when it is mistreated. They just whine about it, which gets nowhere, then move on to the next piece of Yoink! they release.
>
> ^ This
>
> Halo is dead, or at least in it’s original form.
>
> It all goes down hill from here, thank god I moved on to LoL.

Ive been playing LoL, soooo much fun and addicting. Havent touched halo 4 in I dont know how long. very boring to me at this point.

> > > > > > If halo reach starts to have a better population then Halo 4, I will rage so hard.
> > > > >
> > > > > I seriously don’t understand why everyone isn’t just boycotting both Reach AND Halo 4 and migrating back to Halo 3. Which despite not being perfect IMO, is still the last true Halo game, and is the only one we can still play on LIVE.
> > > > >
> > > > > That would INSTANTLY get 343i and MS’ attention.
> > > > >
> > > > > But nope, gamers aren’t smart enough to group up and do something REAL to show the passion and love they have for something when it is mistreated. They just whine about it, which gets nowhere, then move on to the next piece of Yoink! they release.
> > > >
> > > > ^ This
> > > >
> > > > Halo is dead, or at least in it’s original form.
> > > >
> > > > It all goes down hill from here, thank god I moved on to LoL.
> > >
> > > You can play more than one game at a time. There is no reason to pretend to be loyal because it doesn’t mean anything.
> >
> > Yeah but I always have a main game that I put my time into. I don’t like to game hop and be mediocre at everything.
>
> Who cares? You’ll be “good” at a game and then the sequel comes out and you’ll hop over to that game, start all over and try again to be good at that game. In the end it really doesn’t matter because you think being good is a justification of having fun.
>
> Look at my gamertag: DSight. I’ve played over 250 games and I had a lot of fun because I don’t worry about being “good”, I just have fun. I realize that once you become “good” at a game, no one will notice and everyone moves on to the next game and doesn’t remember who was good or who was bad from the last game.
>
> Unless you perceive being good as having fun in your eyes, then I understand, but you’re missing out on a lot of amazing and fun experiences out there that don’t require being good.

If I am not trying to be the best, it is a waste of time in my opinion. I always set goals on what I do to become the best I can be, and that doesn’t change for video games. Nothing was more fun than getting a 50 in Halo 3 or getting Diamond in League of Legends… but with Halo 4 I don’t get to set a goal and I end up just playing a game and getting bored. I’m not judging for how you play, and you shouldn’t judge me.

OP - In response to your comments:

1. Getting Old - It may be more so due to your frustrations than the game. I due understand where you are coming from even being a newbie to Halo with Halo 4 being my first introduction. You can miss me with the COD comments though because that’s the game that I came from and this is nothing like COD. If so, I would be a master at Halo already. At best, I’m just now becoming an average player and I am at SR110 (just to give you a hint of how much I’ve been playing).

2. Boltshot - There is a reason the initials are BS because that is what I think of it in it’s current state. The Bolshot has no business being a one shot kill secondary weapon PERIOD. That is my take. This in no way, shape, or fashion is balanced. I’m not sure why 343i does not see that. At best it could be a field weapon that can picked up. By the way, I feel the same way about the DMR. There is no place you can go that it can’t reach.

3. Instant Respawn - No… Just no… There should be a 3-5 second delay before players spawn. After playing the game, this just is not a good idea. It may have seemed that way in theory, but in practice, this is simply wrong. Maybe it would be better if you instant respawned FAR AWAR from the person who just killed you. I instant respawn and 90% of the times kill the person who killed me because that person’s shields are down. No… Just no…

4. Playlists - I can see that evolving over time to incorporate more variety. The lack of Map selection has some part to play as well. There are some things from the previous games that just are not coming back. That’s just the way it is. (((((Shrugs)))))

NOTE: If my response was TL/DR. I agree with most of what the OP feels although there are some things that 343i can do that would improve his enjoyment of Halo 4, which I believe will come over time.

Cheers…

~M&M~

its called growing up.

@MootMaple1 thanks for the input. Halo 4 is just not that fun anymore. Like I said earlier, maybe it’s fun for two or three matches a day then I’m done. I mean I used to be good at all the halos, with a noticeable skill gap. Now everyone is the same skill with these settings and it comes down to connection and spawn luck just like CoD.

(Sorry I don’t know how to officially reply)

> its called growing up.

But he still enjoys the older games…

It’s called the game becoming easier to attract a wider audience, thus becoming boring for many old time fans.

>
>
>

Well said! Everyone back to Halo 3. Although I’ve moved onto Black Ops 2 now…something I thought would never happen, but Halo 4 is just boring as -Yoink-.

>
> .

I prefer Reach .