Halo 4 is dead for all competitive players

I give up… like every competitive players did, like MLG did… im out. Whenever someone make a thread about the competitive aspect of the game, it die seconds later. Congrats noobs, you won, you just made Halo the call of duty sci fi game.

Having ranked games, in a competitive game, wich used to be a e-sport, mixed with social playlists, level 50s noobs are already everywhere, even though halo 4 have the best gameplay since halo 2, it have the worst matchmaking ever, competitive wise.

There are some extremely basic rules in competitive matchmaking, not only you guys dont fix the obvious flaws, but you ignore them, like you ignore your community.

money ­> fanbase

cant wait to see this thread being ignored and on page 5 with no reply, just to prove my point.

Good riddance, the self-entitlement is suffocating

> Good riddance, the self-entitlement is suffocating

Halo used to be a competitive game, as a big halo fan and a competitive player like many others, I was expecting another competitive halo, not a noob friendly social fest with a company that dont listen to their community, at all. Halo 4 is a great game, but it is not what I was expecting when it comes to competitive play… being able to backup after seeing your opponents in ranked games ? Being able to join games with guests or 7 friends in a ranked playlist ? Joining games with 30second left ? people with 1.3 k/d and 55% win rate at level 50 ???

they should split the gametypes in half, social and ranked, so people like you and me can play what they like to play.

It is not self-entitlement, this is false hope to all competitive players who played all halo’s, bought halo 4 and stopped playing because they screwed the competitive matchmaking.

> > Good riddance, the self-entitlement is suffocating
>
> Halo used to be a competitive game, as a big halo fan and a competitive player like many others, I was expecting another competitive halo, not a noob friendly social fest with a company that dont listen to their community, at all. Halo 4 is a great game, but it is not what I was expecting when it comes to competitive play… being able to backup after seeing your opponents in ranked games ? Being able to join games with guests or 7 friends in a ranked playlist ? Joining games with 30second left ? people with 1.3 k/d and 55% win rate at level 50 ???
>
> they should split the gametypes in half, social and ranked, so people like you and me can play what they like to play.
>
> It is not self-entitlement, this is false hope to all competitive players who played all halo’s, bought halo 4 and stopped playing because they screwed the competitive matchmaking.

Why don’t you haul your yoink! to Team throwdown?
By the way, the reason that people are starting to become 50’s is because the TS needs its time to work after CSR came.

> > > Good riddance, the self-entitlement is suffocating
> >
> > Halo used to be a competitive game, as a big halo fan and a competitive player like many others, I was expecting another competitive halo, not a noob friendly social fest with a company that dont listen to their community, at all. Halo 4 is a great game, but it is not what I was expecting when it comes to competitive play… being able to backup after seeing your opponents in ranked games ? Being able to join games with guests or 7 friends in a ranked playlist ? Joining games with 30second left ? people with 1.3 k/d and 55% win rate at level 50 ???
> >
> > they should split the gametypes in half, social and ranked, so people like you and me can play what they like to play.
> >
> > It is not self-entitlement, this is false hope to all competitive players who played all halo’s, bought halo 4 and stopped playing because they screwed the competitive matchmaking.
>
> Why don’t you haul your yoink! to Team throwdown?

I dont always have friends online to play that, and if I queue alone, ill get matched against a team of 4 and our team will likely get destroyed, another flaw that 343 ignore to fix, in all halos except halo 4, you couldn’t get matched against unfair teams in any ranked playlist.

also, I dont mind people being 50 already, I just dont want CSR to be an experience grind for anyone who is decently good, it should represent your skills, being a level 50 is like being in the top 2% best players pool and after a few level 50 people I inspected, a lot of them are not even in the top 25%, ranks were fine in all halos except halo 4…

So what exactly is your problem?

You sure can use a lot of words while saying absolutely nothing.

Coming from a casual player, Competitives are getting a lot of attention, they hired a former MLG player BravoMLG, they have a former MLG player on contract to making Halo 4 competitive maps and game types, you have had two playlists made for you and there is another one coming around the corner called Legendary Slayer.

Every day I’m finding more and more reasons to believe that the real reason why competitive gaming in Halo has been dying, is because of the competitive community themselves.

Agreed. Been a die hard halo fan since H1. This is First halo I honestly am starting to give up on

Halo is inherently competitive… To take the competitive nature out of it is like taking part of the actual game away… Sure there were some self righteous -Yoink- but it’s not like it ruined the game. I mean for gods sake grow up and deal with it, it’s somebody over a mic, YOU CAN MUTE THEM! Oh well…

Halo 4 was stillborn, even 343i acknowledged they made an easier game to accommodate less skilled players so they wouldn’t be intimidated.

Targeting competitive/hardcore would mean less sales and lower customer satisfaction so I have no doubt future Halo games will be mediocre COD/Halo hybrids.

You probably aren’t much of a competitive player if you think a 1.3 K/D makes a player incapable of a 50. During the Halo 3 days, most MLG pros had a lower K/D than 1.3 because of the high level of competition they play in the playlist. a high K/D doesn’t necessarily mean a good player.

Dude we all left a LONG TIME AGO! Halo went to crap starting with Reach, I love how people still held out hope for a CSR system, lol. The only system that worked was Halo 2’s that put similar skill vs one another and also showed your level progression. If you went online you were only checking how far into said level you were.

Halo 4 fails and New Xbox coming out with Always On = I am buying a PlayStation 4, nothing is keeping me on Xbox.

> have had two playlists made for you and there is another one coming around the corner called Legendary Slayer.

Two playlists, wut?

> Every day I’m finding more and more reasons to believe that the real reason why competitive gaming in Halo has been dying, is because of the competitive community themselves.

Elaborate.

> So what exactly is your problem?

this:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2441701_343--I-got-a-couple-questions-for-y-all.aspx

> You sure can use a lot of words while saying absolutely nothing.
>
> Coming from a casual player, Competitives are getting a lot of attention, they hired a former MLG player BravoMLG, they have a former MLG player on contract to making Halo 4 competitive maps and game types, you have had two playlists made for you and there is another one coming around the corner called Legendary Slayer.

problem are not the playlists, most of them are fun, well made and competitive, hell, I even like the competition in grifball.

> Halo 4 was stillborn, even 343i acknowledged they made an easier game to accommodate less skilled players so they wouldn’t be intimidated.
>
> Targeting competitive/hardcore would mean less sales and lower customer satisfaction so I have no doubt future Halo games will be mediocre COD/Halo hybrids.

thats why normally, competitive games split the game in half to accommodate both sides, in halo 4, it seems like they tried to mix them together.

> You probably aren’t much of a competitive player if you think a 1.3 K/D makes a player incapable of a 50. During the Halo 3 days, most MLG pros had a lower K/D than 1.3 because of the high level of competition they play in the playlist. a high K/D doesn’t necessarily mean a good player.

totally true, it was just an example, but since halo 4 is out, the only thing that can compare players skills is the k/d, when I said a 1.3 k/d guy, it was his k/d from the beginning of halo 4, he was top 25% on halotracker wich calculate everything including who you fight against and objectives score and he was 50 under a few hours of gameplay. Anyway it is not really a concern for me since 343 said that CSR should respresent well a player skills and if it doesnt work, they’ll reset it. Hopefully this is true.

lol took you long enough…

They took our jobs ! D:

com·pet·i·tive
/kəmˈpetətiv/
Adjective
Of, relating to, or characterized by competition.
Having or displaying a strong desire to be more successful than others.

The English language and I, disagree.

Thank you,means i can have fun playin games instead of having to put up with people like you.

> > Good riddance, the self-entitlement is suffocating
>
> Halo used to be a competitive game,

Well, only because people decided to take it competitively. The first game was in no way built to foster the same kind of sporting community that games like Quake or Unreal were designed around. And neither Halo 2 or 3 did anything to fundamentally change that because they kept the same core gameplay mechanics (such as long-lasting power weapons and uber-vehicles) that made Halo’s balance so easy to knock over and spoil the balance of equitable competition. And since you’ve had games like Counterstrike and TF2 to really show you how to design serious competitive products while the best that either 343 or Bungie could do was try to fix the original problems with the series(such as spawning weapons and the discrepancy between semi and auto 'matic weapons.) What this means is that even in the franchises evolution it hasn’t gained what Halo didn’t originally have in the first place. All that’s really changed is your perception of it.