Halo 4 is broken. What was 343 thinking?

The sniper rifle becomes ridiculously overpowered because you can leave the scope in an nothing will descope you except another sniper. What was 343s reasoning behind not letting people change this option? The LightRifle is a 4 shot scoped in kill so it’s pretty much guaranteed to be the best weapon. What is the point of shooting weapons unscoped if you can’t get descoped at all? They have eliminated another skill factor that has always been with Halo. This element to the game basically gives all weapons that have long range scopes ridiculously overpowering advantages to ALL other guns.

Please 343, give us an option to change this.

No weapon is overpowered Wtf

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

1. You probably haven’t played the game.
  2. Your probably a troll.

>

This…^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You flinch when being shot. So you got a headshot lined up with your sniper, you get shot, flinch, shoot, miss.

Light Rifle is 4 shot when scoped in, but it’s rate of fire is slower and it’s less precise. I’ve seen some footage of it, the DMR looks better at far range than the light rifle, and the BR looks better at mid range than the light rifle.

Everyone is so touchy about every little thing. Making so many assumptions about how things will play out. 343 playtests all the damn time.

The thing moves like a tank when your trying to aim. I’ve seen very little game-play of people getting kills with the Sniper and even less of head-shots.

Well there is a flinching element to make up for the fact we can’t be unscoped anymore. Of course there’s problems with that as it’s been argued that the direction of the flinching is quite random. Random isn’t good in high level competitive play where in social to semi competitive matches it’s not such a big deal.

Sniping is a bit harder with the Sniper thanks to less aim assist, smaller hit boxes, and bullet magnetism. From what I’ve seen from the final build (if i linked the videos you would be tempted to spoil the Campaign and i wouldn’t want to do that) it’s not easy to use the new UNSC Sniper. It’s going to take skill again. Which means that even a slight flinch is going to throw off your aim. Which pretty much happened when you got unscoped anyways IMO.

This is an interesting change to say the least. This can’t be argued regardless if you hate it or not. I certainly didn’t see it coming nor did i think the unscoped when hit feature was bad or even broken. Whatever the case, i am prepared to deal with it, as with the rest of the changes.

> You flinch when being shot. So you got a headshot lined up with your sniper, you get shot, flinch, shoot, miss.
>
> Light Rifle is 4 shot when scoped in, but it’s rate of fire is slower and it’s less precise. I’ve seen some footage of it, the DMR looks better at far range than the light rifle, and the BR looks better at mid range than the light rifle.
>
> Everyone is so touchy about every little thing. Making so many assumptions about how things will play out. 343 playtests all the damn time.

I’m giving you thanks, and quoting for good measure.

I haven’t played the game, but have seen enough footage specifically from the MLG showcasing at PAX and have heard from pro’s who game tested that the sniper is overpowered because of the fact it doesn’t unscope. How do you not see this as an issue? The sniper has been an extremely dominate weapon in certain hands, and the fact you don’t unscope is extremely questionable.

> Well there is a flinching element to make up for the fact we can’t be unscoped anymore. Of course there’s problems with that as it’s been argued that the direction of the flinching is quite random. Random isn’t good in competitive player where in social to semi competitive matches it’s not such a big deal.
>
> Sniping is a bit harder with the Sniper thanks to less aim assist, smaller hit boxes, and bullet magnetisim. From what i’ve seen from the final build (if i linked the videos you would be tempted to spoil the Campaign) it’s not easy to use the new UNSC Sniper. It’s going to take skill again.
>
>
>
>
> This is an interesting change to say the least. This can’t be argued regardless if you hate it or not. I certainly didn’t see it coming nor did i think the unscoped when hit feature was bad or even broken. Whatever the case, i am prepared to deal with it, as with the rest of the changes.

However I would say that the “randomness” of this one element isn’t game-breaking. You flinch or you don’t, in the long run it doesn’t sound like the flinch was devastating enough to matter, unless your aiming for the vary top of their head not the lower neck face area.

I know I haven’t played the game yet, but not getting un-scoped when being shot sounds horrible. I want to get the hell out of scope if some guy is shooting me from behind.

> I haven’t played the game, but have seen enough footage specifically from the MLG showcasing at PAX and have heard from pro’s who game tested that the sniper is overpowered because of the fact it doesn’t unscope. How do you not see this as an issue? The sniper has been an extremely dominate weapon in certain hands, and the fact you don’t unscope is extremely questionable.

The flinch is pretty significant when you’re using the Sniper rifle. If you’re hitting someone with shots while he is zoomed in w/ the Sniper, you have the advantage. Yeah, he could get of a lucky shot, but as long as you’re strafing, you’ll likely win that battle.

As others have pointed out OP, your overreacting about this. 343 has made appropriate changes all around that is making this game more noteworthy then its predecessors. As someone who has had the chance to play with the Halo 4 sniper rifle, I can tell you it is OP…

In the hands of someone who can use it correctly…

At short AND long ranges…

While having good map movement WITH teamwork involved.

Fact is, no player can face two guns and win when the two players have good teamwork.

> > Well there is a flinching element to make up for the fact we can’t be unscoped anymore. Of course there’s problems with that as it’s been argued that the direction of the flinching is quite random. Random isn’t good in competitive player where in social to semi competitive matches it’s not such a big deal.
> >
> > Sniping is a bit harder with the Sniper thanks to less aim assist, smaller hit boxes, and bullet magnetisim. From what i’ve seen from the final build (if i linked the videos you would be tempted to spoil the Campaign) it’s not easy to use the new UNSC Sniper. It’s going to take skill again.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > This is an interesting change to say the least. This can’t be argued regardless if you hate it or not. I certainly didn’t see it coming nor did i think the unscoped when hit feature was bad or even broken. Whatever the case, i am prepared to deal with it, as with the rest of the changes.
>
> However I would say that the “randomness” of this one element isn’t game-breaking. You flinch or you don’t, in the long run it doesn’t sound like the flinch was devastating enough to matter, unless your aiming for the vary top of their head not the lower neck face area.

True but from a competitive perspective, any and all things that serve to be useless (Reach AR, Halo 3 AR, Plasma Repeater, Plasma Launcher, Dual Wielding etc) or random (Bloom, Armor Lock, Active Camo on Spawn etc) should be eliminated to create a pure, competitive meta game. Even if it is subtle or minor, it’s going to get shot down and complained about because it is not only a new idea but one that has randomness in it.

I guess we’ll see when the game comes out, but the sniper didn’t appear to be OP to me. ((((Shrugs))))

> The sniper rifle becomes ridiculously overpowered because you can leave the scope in an nothing will descope you except another sniper. What was 343s reasoning behind not letting people change this option? The LightRifle is a 4 shot scoped in kill so it’s pretty much guaranteed to be the best weapon. What is the point of shooting weapons unscoped if you can’t get descoped at all? They have eliminated another skill factor that has always been with Halo. This element to the game basically gives all weapons that have long range scopes ridiculously overpowering advantages to ALL other guns.
>
> Please 343, give us an option to change this.

It is? tell me more about how you played Halo 4… /sarcasm

> > The sniper rifle becomes ridiculously overpowered because you can leave the scope in an nothing will descope you except another sniper. What was 343s reasoning behind not letting people change this option? The LightRifle is a 4 shot scoped in kill so it’s pretty much guaranteed to be the best weapon. What is the point of shooting weapons unscoped if you can’t get descoped at all? They have eliminated another skill factor that has always been with Halo. This element to the game basically gives all weapons that have long range scopes ridiculously overpowering advantages to ALL other guns.
> >
> > Please 343, give us an option to change this.
>
> It is? tell me more about how you played Halo 4… /sarcasm

Without diving into spoilers, you are going to love Halo 4 :stuck_out_tongue:

Be warned, a certain explosive weapon that’s been around since forever is going to make you…shake your head. :stuck_out_tongue:

Goodbye sniping skill like This. I understand that 343 is trying to cater to CoD kids, but really changing a 10+year Halo mechanic that added TONS of depth to battles and helped balance precision weapons especially on huge BTB maps.

Spartans DONT flinch, they would just un-scope and then quick-scope your head off like its no problem.

> Goodbye sniping skill like This. I understand that 343 is trying to cater to CoD kids, but really changing a 10+year Halo mechanic that added TONS of depth to battles and helped balance precision weapons especially on huge BTB maps.
>
> <mark>Spartans DONT flinch</mark>, they would just un-scope and then quick-scope your head off like its no problem.

Lore<gameplay. if we were exactly following lore in books then MP would be very unbalanced. Some things are over looked to create better balanced for gameplay.

Besides flinching is just as good.

> I certainly didn’t see it coming nor did i think the unscoped when hit feature was bad or even broken.

It was annoying.

To spot someone across the map as they spot you. Have both players scope. fire and then spend the rest of the engagement trying to outshoot each other over large distances with unscoped weapons. Made me wonder why bother having the scopes if the only time you’re going to be able to stay scoped on a target is if they are unaware of you.

Flinching serves the same purpose, throwing off your aim for snipers