Halo 4 is a work in progress

To me, this game is a Beta for Halo 5. There is so many things that are broken, or simply MIA to consider this a finished game.

1. Graphics: Pop-in textures on bushes/grass is ugly but when its on main parts of the map in a distance it is hideous… not to mention the large black rectangle that consumes all things on Valhalla when looking down the river from cliff side base to the shotty/pelican cave , the water is just bad (Halo 3 water FTW)… the sky boxes are boring motionless and poorly drawn pictures.

Killcams/Instant spawn/JIP: Enough said. Really. So often i join a game of slayer that is over half over with a score of 48-19 or something like that. Yes, i left out the’0’ because its pointless and just another thing to copy from CoD. The killcams are broken in this game with being more unreliable than a pregnancy test from the dollar tree. And instant spawn ruins any map control/flow by allowing someone you just killed to kill you while you are 1 shot and mix that with the horrid spawns and it just doesnt work.

Boltshot: the effectiveness of this gun is comparable to the dual maulers in Halo 3… which is fine, excite you spawn with it. Halo 4 already has more power weapons and 1 shot kill weapons than any other Halo game, so why would you allow someone to spawn with 1?

Ordinance: The idea doesnt bother me so much. Maybe the points required to gain it should be increased because it creates far too many power weapons on the map and it helps “noobs” get kills too easily. They should earn it by beating someone for it. I seen a kid go 7-29 and his Tool of destruction was the incineration cannon with 6 kills. That means this kid completely stunk at the game, but was able to get all but 1 of his kills with 2 lucky ordinance drops. This is makes the game random, which was 1 of the biggest complaints about Reach. Randomness (aside from a lucky shot or nade does not belong in Halo)

Customs: the lack of competitive and casual options in customs is truly heartbreaking. Not being able to remake the classic games from H3/HR or even remake assault or even a classic CTF gametype is a poor decision by 343i as well as not being able to use “perks” from specializations such as Stability (flinch is awful in this game) to help create a more balanced competitive experience is a huge drawback.

Edit: Community Issues: Fileshare not even available on launch and still not a month after? A theatre mode that only does war games and not spartan ops or campaign? And no competitive ranking system until January? And now you are working on a system to “create and manage groups”? This is all stuff that should have been done before the game released to help maintain a strong playerbase and extend the longetivity of the game.

This is all purely opinion but I know many others who feel the same about this game. We can only up the first REAL TU brings some solid fixes to the things that are fixable and hopefully we get some good small maps, since the smallest is likely haven and it is still huge compared to lockout, midship, warlock, and chillout.

I think i picked a bad time to post my opinion… it will now be buried under threads saying “teh mapz pax r wurkin!”

Sadface :frowning: lol

Because theres a million threads like this and the Halo is a beta topic is outdated to hell.

> Because theres a million threads like this and the Halo is a beta topic is outdated to hell.

outdated but still the truth

[deleted]

Halo 5, timeline wise, will be on the next gen console. And therefore be used as a major selling point for said console. Halo will always sell because it is Halo, just like call of duty. But if 343i wants to have better sales, or at least a stronger playerbase after a month they will have to learn from their mistakes. I’m not saying they did an awful job with the game. It just feels, to me anyways, that it was rushed and still needed some polishing/testing

Every game is a work-in-progress even after it comes out. Halo is no exception. Halo 4 isn’t the only Halo (and neither is Halo: Reach) that required work on it post-launch.

I think 343 are just waiting for the next generation. Halo 5 will have much more content than Halo 4 simply because it will be on a much more powerful machine.

> Every game is a work-in-progress even after it comes out. Halo is no exception. Halo 4 isn’t the only Halo (and neither is Halo: Reach) that required work on it post-launch.

True but no other Halo game came with so many steps backwards: unusable fileshare, limited theatre mode, complete lack of custom game options and the removal of classic CTF and assault in general. And it isnt having a competitive rank for the first 2-3 months after launch and no clan/group system until an unannounced date.

> > Because theres a million threads like this and the Halo is a beta topic is outdated to hell.
>
> outdated but still the truth

:slight_smile:

I laugh at the fact that you call halo 4 a beta, and you dished out the halo 4 system. You went balls out for this game, you talking so much trash when the game has only been out a month. where you in the office when they said “it’s finished”? i don’t think so because they didn’t say it was finished. Was there a beta for this game? No. Is anything in this world perfect? No. Do you make games? I don’t know, but if you did i don’t think you would be writing any of this. but hey I’m not trying to argue or anything like that, i just think a lot of people should be more understanding. Just enjoy the game and give it some time, they will get there eventually.

> I laugh at the fact that you call halo 4 a beta, and you dished out the halo 4 system. You went balls out for this game, you talking so much trash when the game has only been out a month. where you in the office when they said “it’s finished”? i don’t think so because they didn’t say it was finished. Was there a beta for this game? No. Is anything in this world perfect? No. Do you make games? I don’t know, but if you did i don’t think you would be writing any of this. but hey I’m not trying to argue or anything like that, i just think a lot of people should be more understanding. Just enjoy the game and give it some time, they will get there eventually.

Im not talking trash, and i do enjoy the game. There is nothing wrong with some constructive criticism on what i believe holds the game back, and yes i did go all out for it. When you count in my h4 console, astros, 4th tv in my room, limited edition, and the mlg controller i spent over $950 on it… i love halo and love LANs since the old H1 days (which is why i have 4 led tvs), i am just expressing my opinion on what i believe is wrong, or not up to part.

[deleted]

> I laugh at the fact that you call halo 4 a beta, and you dished out the halo 4 system. You went balls out for this game, you talking so much trash when the game has only been out a month. where you in the office when they said “it’s finished”? i don’t think so because they didn’t say it was finished. Was there a beta for this game? No. Is anything in this world perfect? No. Do you make games? I don’t know, but if you did i don’t think you would be writing any of this. but hey I’m not trying to argue or anything like that, i just think a lot of people should be more understanding. Just enjoy the game and give it some time, they will get there eventually.

How can somebody enjoy a game that is very buggy and glitchy.Another thing not too many people say as they all use a TV,game looks beautiful on my 720p TV but looks like -Yoink- on my Full HD 1080p monitor.So,ENJOY THIS GAME…

maybe he went balls out because we were promised such an awesome game, but all we got was a unfinished piece of crap :frowning:

> > I laugh at the fact that you call halo 4 a beta, and you dished out the halo 4 system. You went balls out for this game, you talking so much trash when the game has only been out a month. where you in the office when they said “it’s finished”? i don’t think so because they didn’t say it was finished. Was there a beta for this game? No. Is anything in this world perfect? No. Do you make games? I don’t know, but if you did i don’t think you would be writing any of this. but hey I’m not trying to argue or anything like that, i just think a lot of people should be more understanding. Just enjoy the game and give it some time, they will get there eventually.
>
> How can somebody enjoy a game that is very buggy and glitchy.Another thing not too many people say as they all use a TV,game looks beautiful on my 720p but looks like Yoink! on my Full HD 1080p monitor.So,ENJOY THIS GAME…

Really? Ill have to try that with my parents tv and check because all 4 of mine are 1080p :confused: lol