Halo 4 is a Hard 50?

It seems like a LOT of people say how easy a 50 is in H4 compared to H3. Same thing with how easy a 50 is in H3 compared to H2. I don’t have a 50 in any Halo games. However, I’m (probably randomly) a 28 in H3 & H4 & and I was right around there on old account in Halo 2 days.

I play alone and pretty casually (few games here and there). I’ll be honest, I was better than the majority of 30-50 ranked players in H3 social, which makes me think something fishy was going on for ranks.

My point is that whenever I check service records of people saying how easy 50 is in H4… or saying how hard ‘their 50’ in H3 was compared to H2… I notice they rarely have 50’s in H4. And I do my homework, more than enough games / weight to have it. Unquestionably.

My point?

I feel that 50 is either harder in H4 than H2-H3… or around the same difficulty. Am I wrong? Do people have evidence to show?

Again, this isn’t about me… I’m a casual bad, just skeptical and curious why everyone mentions the ‘difference’. Rank means little to nothing to me, personally. I just use me as an example b/c I always see ‘If you’re 45-50 in H4, that is 30 in H3, which is 20 in H2’… simply not true. Maybe I’m just better (I guess by the logic) at H2-H3. *shrug

I have had seven CSR 50’s in halo 4. Rumble pit, BTB, CTF (just recently dropped to a 49, but I’ll get it back) flood, heavies, race and community forge race.

In halo 3 after 3500 games I got a 46 in TS and a 45 in lone wolves.

So yeah, I would say it’s easier to get a 50 in h4.

I’m not one to speak, but the reason it seems easier for others is because of how ranking up works. Most gametypes rely on your score instead of w/l to rank up.

I do ,however, agree that at some points, you get locked into the same and only level because no higher ranked players are in your lobbies for these.

You are expected to win against lower ranks but lose against higher ones. This is why doing better than someone higher ranked is pretty much the only way to rank up(except ctf,team slayer, proving ground).

> It seems like a LOT of people say how easy a 50 is in H4 compared to H3. Same thing with how easy a 50 is in H3 compared to H2. I don’t have a 50 in any Halo games. However, I’m (probably randomly) a 28 in H3 & H4 & and I was right around there on old account in Halo 2 days.
>
> I play alone and pretty casually (few games here and there). I’ll be honest, I was better than the majority of 30-50 ranked players in H3 social, which makes me think something fishy was going on for ranks.
>
> My point is that whenever I check service records of people saying how easy 50 is in H4… or saying how hard ‘their 50’ in H3 was compared to H2… I notice they rarely have 50’s in H4. And I do my homework, more than enough games / weight to have it. Unquestionably.
>
> My point?
>
> I feel that 50 is either harder in H4 than H2-H3… or around the same difficulty. Am I wrong? Do people have evidence to show?
>
> Again, this isn’t about me… I’m a casual bad, just skeptical and curious why everyone mentions the ‘difference’. Rank means little to nothing to me, personally. I just use me as an example b/c I always see <mark>‘If you’re 45-50 in H4, that is 30 in H3, which is 20 in</mark> H2’… simply not true. Maybe I’m just better (I guess by the logic) at H2-H3. *shrug

You can’t compare yourself to Social 50’s. They are retired or don’t try, and many are fake. Find a 50 that plays ranked regularly, and verse him. If you are anything below a 40 he could potentially 15-0 you.

Seems about right. Maybe 50 H4 = 30 H3 = 15 H2.

> Seems about right. Maybe 50 H4 = 30 H3 = 15 H2.

Simply untrue from what I have seen.

I understand a 50 is not easy and there are a ton of forum warriors in general.

I was just checking to make sure I wasn’t missing anything because I read A LOT on the MCC forum about this topic.

The issue has been framed improperly - it should be more narrow - is it easier to get a 50 in H3 TS or H4 TS, as both are based on win rate(or comparing Proving Ground in H4 to MLG in H3)? Other 50’s in H4 are based on individual performance and depend on H4’s underlying point system; there’s nothing equivalent really to them in H3, and hence it is not a fair comparison.

If you think about how the rank is calculated (win rate predominately), I would submit that getting a 50 in H4 TS, for example, is not easy, and is probably on par w/ H3 on average. Take Rocketship for example, who has a 46 in H3 TS but a 32 in H4 TS. Maybe he just hasn’t played that much, but I haven’t seen that many people that can get a 50 in H4 TS. Halotracker, for example, has about 230 people w/ 50’s in TS (yes I know not everyone uses HT and playlist numbers are down, but there are always around 2000 people in TS on H4) and Josh Menke (who did the ranks) has stated that a 50 in TS is slated for something like the top 1%. A lot what you read is more anti-H4 bias with no hard data to back it up.

Easy, guys… I put my pants on just like the rest of you – one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I’m a Halo 4 50.

> Take Rocketship for example, who has a 46 in H3 TS but a 32 in H4 TS. Maybe he just hasn’t played that much, but I haven’t seen that many people that can get a 50 in H4 TS.

Keep in mind that Team Slayer’s rank reset several times months ago. A lot of people who lost their 50s during that time might just be unwilling to get them back.

My personal experience is as thusly. I had a 50 in Team Slayer on H3 (it’s at 48 now) and my highest H4 stat is team Doubles with a CSR 31. The rest of my H4’s are in the mid to low 20’s. For me H4 is just a boring casual no incentive to win game, which is why I’ve stopped playing it and gone back to H3. Or maybe I’m just a H4 scrub, who knows. I think my k/d is decent enough in H4 to be higher, but there ya go.

Not sure what I was on Team Slayer in H3, but in Lone Wolves I believe my highest was a 43? In H4 my only 50 has been in BTB. A friend of mine was a 50 in all playlists in H3 I believe maybe not MLG. And He’s pretty close to a 50 in all H4 lists as well. I’m pretty sure 3 was harder to achieve though.

Never got a 50 and probably never will.