Halo 4 invasion

I was wondering does anybody else want to see invasion return in Halo 4? I know there wont be elites in multiplayer but in my opinion red vs blue invasion would still make sense as a training program. I know invasion is flawed in Reach but I think it could possibly Halo 4s best playlist if the issues are fixed. So what do you guys think about the possibility of invasion returning?

I don’t know. Maybe.

I think I heard something about invasion being a part of halo. I’d have to find the interview.

> I was wondering does anybody else want to see invasion return in Halo 4? I know there wont be elites in multiplayer but in my opinion red vs blue invasion would still make sense as a training program. I know invasion is flawed in Reach but I think it could possibly Halo 4s best playlist if the issues are fixed. So what do you guys think about the possibility of invasion returning?

Yes,but invasion in Reach is not flawed…you just have to make strategies for it to mainly succeed

> > I was wondering does anybody else want to see invasion return in Halo 4? I know there wont be elites in multiplayer but in my opinion red vs blue invasion would still make sense as a training program. I know invasion is flawed in Reach but I think it could possibly Halo 4s best playlist if the issues are fixed. So what do you guys think about the possibility of invasion returning?
>
> Yes,but invasion in Reach is not flawed…you just have to make strategies for it to mainly succeed

THANK YOU!!! Finally, someone who gets it!!!

> I was wondering does anybody else want to see invasion return in Halo 4? I know there wont be elites in multiplayer but in my opinion red vs blue invasion would still make sense as a training program. I know invasion is flawed in Reach but I think it could possibly Halo 4s best playlist if the issues are fixed. So what do you guys think about the possibility of invasion returning?

I think that they should have invasion in Halo 4 but more objectives besides (territories, assault, and flag)

I vaguely remember Kiki saying it’s “a part of Halo, so we can’t not do it”. Or something like that. I think we’re referring to the same thing.

If Invasion is to come back it needs much more support than it got over Reach’s lifespan. This is where Forge can really shine, because I can’t see as many on-disc Invasion maps as Reach. Invasion maps are pretty limited in terms of other gametypes being played on them. If Forge has the tools to give maps more character then Forge could make Invasion awesome.

> > > I was wondering does anybody else want to see invasion return in Halo 4? I know there wont be elites in multiplayer but in my opinion red vs blue invasion would still make sense as a training program. I know invasion is flawed in Reach but I think it could possibly Halo 4s best playlist if the issues are fixed. So what do you guys think about the possibility of invasion returning?
> >
> > Yes,but invasion in Reach is not flawed…you just have to make strategies for it to mainly succeed
>
> THANK YOU!!! Finally, someone who gets it!!!

Sorry ,but the thanks function is broken :wink:

> > I was wondering does anybody else want to see invasion return in Halo 4? I know there wont be elites in multiplayer but in my opinion red vs blue invasion would still make sense as a training program. I know invasion is flawed in Reach but I think it could possibly Halo 4s best playlist if the issues are fixed. So what do you guys think about the possibility of invasion returning?
>
> I think that they should have invasion in Halo 4 but more objectives besides (territories, assault, and flag)

yeah in customs…MM?I dont think so…making invasion maps is extremely hard,and adding more objectives into the mix would make it possibly 2x as hard.

> > > > I was wondering does anybody else want to see invasion return in Halo 4? I know there wont be elites in multiplayer but in my opinion red vs blue invasion would still make sense as a training program. I know invasion is flawed in Reach but I think it could possibly Halo 4s best playlist if the issues are fixed. So what do you guys think about the possibility of invasion returning?
> > >
> > > Yes,but invasion in Reach is not flawed…you just have to make strategies for it to mainly succeed
> >
> > THANK YOU!!! Finally, someone who gets it!!!
>
> Sorry ,but the thanks function is broken :wink:

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!

> I vaguely remember Kiki saying it’s “a part of Halo, so we can’t not do it”. Or something like that. I think we’re referring to the same thing.
>
> If Invasion is to come back it needs much more support than it got over Reach’s lifespan.
> People spent many months trying to get new inv maps in MM,and they weren’t paid a thing…and you’re saying you want MORE support? ?_?
>
> This is where Forge can really shine, because I can’t see as many on-disc Invasion maps as Reach.
>
> Invasion maps are pretty limited in terms of other gametypes being played on them.
> The way Invasion is set up, it’s hard to make an inavsion amp good with other gametypes.
>
> If Forge has the tools to give maps more character then Forge could make Invasion awesome.
> Invasion is already awesome,it’s just the maps that need to be ramped up a bit…Seriosly, if you could make hills and terrains and templates in Forge, invasion would/could possibly have some of the best looking Forge maps in MM…Storimng beaches like WW2,Blowing up an Refinery,attacking a massive Flood-I meant dam,oh yeah it would be like3x more awesome.Of course this is my opionin, not like I’m trying to say that all the other maps couldnt look great.

> > > > > I was wondering does anybody else want to see invasion return in Halo 4? I know there wont be elites in multiplayer but in my opinion red vs blue invasion would still make sense as a training program. I know invasion is flawed in Reach but I think it could possibly Halo 4s best playlist if the issues are fixed. So what do you guys think about the possibility of invasion returning?
> > > >
> > > > Yes,but invasion in Reach is not flawed…you just have to make strategies for it to mainly succeed
> > >
> > > THANK YOU!!! Finally, someone who gets it!!!
> >
> > Sorry ,but the thanks function is broken :wink:
>
> RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!

Epic “Thanks” Fail, lol

I feel like it wouldn’t make sense in H4 multiplayer to be honest.

> If Invasion is to come back it needs much more support than it got over Reach’s lifespan. This is where Forge can really shine, because I can’t see as many on-disc Invasion maps as Reach. Invasion maps are pretty limited in terms of other gametypes being played on them. If Forge has the tools to give maps more character then Forge could make Invasion awesome.

> Invasion is already awesome,it’s just the maps that need to be ramped up a bit…Seriosly, if you could make hills and terrains and templates in Forge, invasion would/could possibly have some of the best looking Forge maps in MM…Storimng beaches like WW2,Blowing up an Refinery,attacking a massive Flood-I meant dam,oh yeah it would be like3x more awesome.Of course this is my opionin, not like I’m trying to say that all the other maps couldnt look great.

I agree here. Invasion is essential to Halo now. I also like it very much. It should definitely return. And you should be able to make your own Invasion Maps too.

> I feel like it wouldn’t make sense in H4 multiplayer to be honest.

Why? I think it makes sense that Spartans would need to practice attacking and defending a base etc.

> > > > > > I was wondering does anybody else want to see invasion return in Halo 4? I know there wont be elites in multiplayer but in my opinion red vs blue invasion would still make sense as a training program. I know invasion is flawed in Reach but I think it could possibly Halo 4s best playlist if the issues are fixed. So what do you guys think about the possibility of invasion returning?
> > > > >
> > > > > Yes,but invasion in Reach is not flawed…you just have to make strategies for it to mainly succeed
> > > >
> > > > THANK YOU!!! Finally, someone who gets it!!!
> > >
> > > Sorry ,but the thanks function is broken :wink:
> >
> > RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!
>
> Epic “Thanks” Fail, lol

Not my first, doubt it’ll be my last…

> People spent many months trying to get new inv maps in MM,and they weren’t paid a thing…and you’re saying you want MORE support? ?_?
>
> The way Invasion is set up, it’s hard to make an inavsion amp good with other gametypes.
>

Yes, I do believe Invasion could have flourished with more support. This update was, what, the first real influx of Forged maps into Invasion? After well over a year of Reach? A lot of people just stopped playing Invasion because it was Boneyard/Spire every single game. It’s not like the maps were never there. This could be supplemented by a simplification of forging Invasion maps, or a mini-tutorial, or something to make forging Invasion maps a hell of a lot more accessible. If you make it easier to forge the maps, and update the playlist more often, it’s a better experience.

The forge maps that have just entered MM actually play nicely, it’s just that they lack character because of Reach’s Forge, which is basically a whole lot of Grey. There’s no character to a base you have to defend from an onslaught if it just looks like a load of grey blocks. I think Forge and Invasion can go hand in hand. They’'re made for each other. Invasion maps don’t go well with other gametypes so I doubt 343 would want to have them on-disc or charge for them as DLC. Maybe a few maps but nothing huge. I’ll say this: if Forge is ramped up to the max and Invasion is in with much more consistent support, then it will be amazing.

I don’t see why not, Invasion is a highly played play-list in halo reach. So I guess by popular demand most likely.

> Yes, I do believe Invasion could have flourished with more support. This update was, what, the first real influx of Forged maps into Invasion? After well over a year of Reach? A lot of people just stopped playing Invasion because it was Boneyard/Spire every single game.
> Me.
>
> It’s not like the maps were never there. This could be supplemented by a simplification of forging Invasion maps, or a mini-tutorial, or something to make forging Invasion maps a hell of a lot more accessible. If you make it easier to forge the maps, and update the playlist more often, it’s a better experience.
> If that is in H4,expect making of inv maps to double…that’s just my guess.
>
> The forge maps that have just entered MM actually play nicely, it’s just that they lack character because of Reach’s Forge, which is basically a whole lot of Grey. There’s no character to a base you have to defend from an onslaught if it just looks like a load of grey blocks.
> While I dont really stop in the middle of a 6alien invasion to lookat how pretty the map looks,I agree,grey needs to be gone.
>
> I think Forge and Invasion can go hand in hand. They’'re made for each other. Invasion maps don’t go well with other gametypes so I doubt 343 would want to have them on-disc or charge for them as DLC.
>
> Maybe a few maps but nothing huge. I’ll say this: if Forge is ramped up to the max and Invasion is in with much more consistent support, then it will be amazing.
> Have you ever played Far Cry2?Imagine that lvl editor…but for Halo4.That’s what I hope we will AT LEAST get.That game was amde in 08…and it beats Reach’s Forge ten times over.

> If that is in H4,expect making of inv maps to double…that’s just my guess.

That’s the plan. Forging Invasion maps in Reach was a bit awkward with all the tags and everything.

> While I dont really stop in the middle of a 6alien invasion to lookat how pretty the map looks,I agree,grey needs to be gone.

Aye, I’m not saying that. I just think that if Halo 4 Forge allows for it, then I’ll definitely prefer maps that look more like what they’re supposed to be. Say, I’d prefer a Human base that you have to defend if it looks more like a Human base rather than just a Grey structure. I like Aesthetics.

> Have you ever played Far Cry2?Imagine that lvl editor…but for Halo4.That’s what I hope we will AT LEAST get.That game was amde in 08…and it beats Reach’s Forge ten times over.

I’ve seen that comparison made a lot around here. I’ve never really played it myself but I know it allows for much more in-depth map creation than Forge. I’d love that sort of thing.