Halo 4 Invasion!

Halo 4 invasion has so much potential with the new sandbox! I LOVED invasion in Reach, thought it was a GREAT edition to Halo. Now I seem to remember 343 saying it was in, but I cannot find that source. So my question is: Is invasion in Halo 4? If so, will we be seeing it anytime soon? It’s to significant of a game-type to not demo for us, and I can imagine it will come with some pretty cool changes. So what do you all think? Is Invasion in Halo 4? What changes, if any, do you think will/should be made? Discuss!

I’ve actually heard the opposite: I don’t think Invasion will be in Halo 4.

Since elites are not playable in Halo 4 multiplayer (something that has been confirmed), it is unlikely that Invasion will exist in its current form.

Something that disappoints me, as I greatly enjoy invasion as well.

the new halo 4 invasion may be spartan vs spartan or it could be MM vs AIs

I see no reason why invasion cannot exist as Spartan vs. Spartan with Halo 4’s loadout system.

Invasion IS in Halo 4. Confirmed, by mistake, by Kiki Wolfkill.

> Invasion IS in Halo 4. Confirmed, by mistake, by Kiki Wolfkill.

sauce??? o.o

Without Elites, my playing of Invasion will decrease greatly.

But this is still good news, as Invasion is a good gametype on it’s own.

> > Invasion IS in Halo 4. Confirmed, by mistake, by Kiki Wolfkill.
>
> sauce??? o.o

Back at E3, in an interview. You should find it after a good while of searching.

Invasion wont be in 4, that’s what i’ve been told since i asked the same question. The reason is Elites are not playable in 4.

> Invasion wont be in 4, that’s what i’ve been told since i asked the same question. The reason is Elites are not playable in 4.

but something like invasion could be in halo. so what we cant play as elites. im sure it still can work in halo 4, i hope so.

remember, frankie said there would be something to scratch that itch. I think knights would be playable

> remember, frankie said there would be something to scratch that itch. I think knights would be playable

I highly doubt it. Elites were taken out since they wanted to focus more on Spartan-IVs, so why would they put in Knights? Also, being able to play as a Knight wouldn’t really fit canon too well, would it?

My guess is that Invasion will be good old Spartan vs Spartan, which suits me just fine.

> I’ve actually heard the opposite: I don’t think Invasion will be in Halo 4.
>
> Since elites are not playable in Halo 4 multiplayer (something that has been confirmed), it is unlikely that Invasion will exist in its current form.
>
> Something that disappoints me, as I greatly enjoy invasion as well.

invasion is definitely playable without elites :P. Its just one side offense, one defense, unlocking stages and portions of the map throughout the game. I see no reason it shouldn’t be in. Frankly I’ll be pissed if it’s left out; there is really no reason for it not being in the game.

I’m pretty sure they did say there would be something for Invasion players. At least I hope so, invasion was the gametype I played the most.

I love Invasion. I really hope it’sin Halo 4 in some form. And if it isn’t or if I want to play the original I’ll just play Reach.

> remember, frankie said there would be something to scratch that itch. I think knights would be playable

Playing as ODSTs again!!!

No…? Eh, w/e.

I am going to miss my Dinos :< :frowning: :[ Q_Q T-T

t(-_-t) MM logic.

Yes, I remember that too. Frankie said there would be something to scratch that itch.

Invasion is the worst spawnkilling fest I’ve ever seen in a FPS. Even worse than MW2s, chopper-gunner-above-enemy-spawn situations.

Maps are horrible unbalanced, spawn points as well. Loadouts simply ridicolous (Boneyard tier 3 spartan AL + Shotgun, option to spawn with grenade launcher etc.), covi vehicles worthless against Scorpion, human weapons in general are better than covi guns (Sniper, Laser spawn INSIDE a base), objectives are too close to each other etc.

The only “fun” you can have is to spawnkill Elite players, that’s all. Invasion is K/D boosting at its finest.

And Invasion Slayer on Hemorhage, oh my…

I suspect the Insurrectionists have gotten their hands on some SIV tech and so it’s Innies vs Outties using similar rules and map setups to Invasion…