Halo 4 immersion

I know Bungie would NEVER EVER do something like this. They just seem like they wouldnt care about detail. 343 might not care either, since they still use the same engine as reach.

In Game immersion. Wouldnt it be cool if The cutscenes were 1st person like, Half-Lifes? Or If something happened, your visor Got a crack (campaign only) in it, or fuzzed out with static? Or if you came across an unknown forerunner weapon, instead of the blueprint being in the HUD… it would be glitched out or an UNKNOWN symbol (referring that it’s not in the database)? OR SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS YOUR HELMET or HUD BOBBING UP AND DOWN AS YOU SPRINTED… This doesnt even happen! WTF?

Yeah it’s kind of useless… but most games have such immersion nowadays… why not halo? I want to feel like I’m in a suit. I want to feel heavy. I want to feel big and wrapped in technology (shields). Not just a floating gun like we did in all the other past halos.

There will be first person custscenes in halo. It was shown in the vidoc.

> There will be first person custscenes in halo. It was shown in the vidoc.

that wasn’t exactly confirmed for all that we know it know it could be a button mash sequence

There were 1st person cutscenes in Halo Reach… I’m sorry I can’t quite work out what you’re saying in your first sentence.

> There were 1st person cutscenes in Halo Reach… I’m sorry I can’t quite work out what you’re saying in your first sentence.

Halo is my favorite game, no doubt. But Bungie has never ever made me feel like I was in a super suit. Theyve never made me feel as if I was a spartan. I’ve always felt like I was just a floarting battlerifle… or just a plain marine with more health. And I fear 343 will do the same thing because they are using REACH’s game engine to make HALO 4.

Halo reaches cut scenes were garbage tho. And I didn’t mean 1st person cutscenes… I mean Like HALFLIFES cutscenes… where we can walk around and watch things happen.

> > There were 1st person cutscenes in Halo Reach… I’m sorry I can’t quite work out what you’re saying in your first sentence.
>
> Halo is my favorite game, no doubt. But Bungie has never ever made me feel like I was in a super suit. Theyve never made me feel as if I was a spartan. I’ve always felt like I was just a floarting battlerifle… or just a plain marine with more health. And I fear 343 will do the same thing because they are using REACH’s game engine to make HALO 4.
>
> Halo reaches cut scenes were garbage tho. And I didn’t mean 1st person cutscenes… I mean Like HALFLIFES cutscenes… where we can walk around and watch things happen.

Ah I see what you mean now. Well an interactive cutscene is good and bad but the downside is that you might miss something important.

Remember Halo 3 when Johnson died? Just imagine that same scene allowed you to walk about? You could be at the other side of the control room with Johnson dying his last breath. Set-piece cutscenes allow them to tell you important story events, interaction at that point really detracts from that.

As for feeling immersed in the super-suit… well thats the game itself. Thats when you feel immersed.

> 343 might not care either, since they still use the same engine as reach.

This isn’t exactly correct. Frankie and some of the other members of 343 have talked about the engine they’re using for H4 multiple times, and every time they give pretty much the same answer;

“This is an engine based on some of the past Halo tech for sure. But it’s also something this team has been working on to sort of optimize it for what we’re doing. It’s a completely internal piece of technology, but it is based on a lot of the Halo foundational tech.”-Kiki Wolfkill

Basically, the Halo 4 engine was built off of the same engine which was used to make Reach, but they’ve modified it drastically. That’s been the process of pretty much every Halo game. Halo Reach was even built based off of the Halo 3 engine.

> > > There were 1st person cutscenes in Halo Reach… I’m sorry I can’t quite work out what you’re saying in your first sentence.
> >
> > Halo is my favorite game, no doubt. But Bungie has never ever made me feel like I was in a super suit. Theyve never made me feel as if I was a spartan. I’ve always felt like I was just a floarting battlerifle… or just a plain marine with more health. And I fear 343 will do the same thing because they are using REACH’s game engine to make HALO 4.
> >
> > Halo reaches cut scenes were garbage tho. And I didn’t mean 1st person cutscenes… I mean Like HALFLIFES cutscenes… where we can walk around and watch things happen.
>
> Ah I see what you mean now. Well an interactive cutscene is good and bad but the downside is that you might miss something important.
>
> Remember Halo 3 when Johnson died? Just imagine that same scene allowed you to walk about? You could be at the other side of the control room with Johnson dying his last breath. Set-piece cutscenes allow them to tell you important story events, interaction at that point really detracts from that.
>
> As for feeling immersed in the super-suit… well thats the game itself. Thats when you feel immersed.

They they should Think a little more instead of being lazy. In HL episode 2 when alex’s dad died… you were tied up, so you couldnt move around. But you could still look around to an extent.

I loathe first person cutscenes.

First person cutscenes are a bad aspect of immersion.

They show that I don’t have control over my movements. What if I want to switch to my pistol rather than wielding that assault rifle?

I like to skip the cutscene then immediately get into gameplay, like in Two Betrayals, Gravemind, and High Charity.