Halo 4 ideas for melee

As funny as you like,and you can use the enviroments as well,like kicking enemy in the air then then face plant them into the ground or grabbing my rifle barrel with two hands and shattering the rifle but on impact(only when you’ve run outta bullets),or even punching a grenade into one’s mouth.

Uh… what?

E: Dont know if there was lag involved, but I didnt see the whole post at once.
I would like to snap enemys neck.

I should be able to run at somebody and double beat them down by surprise.

Just bring back H2’s melee system where the damage was based on the gun you used (plasma pistol had a weak melee, while the brute shot had a powerful melee).

> Just bring back H2’s melee system where the damage depended on the gun you used (plasma pistol had a waek melee while the brute shot had a powerful melee).

That’s not how it worked, in H2 the melee removed 1/3 shields if you were standing still, half shields if you were running, and full shields if you were falling towards your opponent. Also in H2 is was possible to crouch and evade a melee if you timed it right.

> > Just bring back H2’s melee system where the damage depended on the gun you used (plasma pistol had a waek melee while the brute shot had a powerful melee).
>
> That’s not how it worked, in H2 the melee removed 1/3 shields if you were standing still, half shields if you were running, and full shields if you were falling towards your opponent. Also in H2 is was possible to crouch and evade a melee if you timed it right.

I have to say i prefered halo 2’s system. However, the brute shot did have its own melee damage as it did almost as much damage as a sword without killing the person.

> > >
>
> I have to say i prefered halo 2’s system. However, the brute shot did have its own melee damage as it did almost as much damage as a sword without killing the person.

Really? I don’t recall that, but then again I never used the brute shot so I wouldn’t know.

What? Huh?

No sprint -> no double beatdown problems.

melee should take down 75% of shields, and 100% if falling from a height. Also, lunge distance should be reduced a bit.

Also, moar 3rd person assassinations, preferrably ones where the assassin’s head remains still for a second, so it isn’t frustratingly impossible to headshot him when trying to save your teammate. But still have the option to simply backsmack. Also, Reach has an issue where you sometimes do the animation when you simply tap the button, this should be fixed.

> No sprint -> no double beatdown problems.
>
> melee should take down 75% of shields, and 100% if falling from a height. Also, lunge distance should be reduced a bit.
>
> Also, moar 3rd person assassinations, preferrably ones where the assassin’s head remains still for a second, so it isn’t frustratingly impossible to headshot him when trying to save your teammate. But still have the option to simply backsmack. Also, Reach has an issue where you sometimes do the animation when you simply tap the button, this should be fixed.

I agree 117% with your melee idea. However, I don’t think it should be easy to stop an assassination, that person earned that, and allowing others to take it away easier just doesn’t seem right, and could be frustrating.