Halo 4 Ideas.2: A more mind-soothing Forge

Alright- I don’t think i’m a professional forger or anything, but I find it much easier to Forge and imagine when what i’m looking at stimulates the mind. Surreal looking objects do this a lot- remember the default Windows XP Background? “Microsoft Hills”? Images like that is what I mean. Great expanses, blues skies etc. (Honestly- I heard looking at great clearings/expanses of land is supposed to clear your mind, something like that). What I am trying to say, is that the Forge should be similar to something like that. Just basic green hills, blue sky, and clouds. It would really ease you up, and give Forge a sense of building-out-of-nothing, rather than using programmed portions of maps. I just think the general idea of a Forge based around an image like that would be magnificent- just the thought of looking out at the Horizon in the Forge like that, pondering what too build, would etch itself in Gamers’ and make them wonder. This next part is not necessary, but piano music like this also seems to clear the mind, and make you relaxed. Basically, the whole point of this thread is that I believe Forge 3.0 should be very soothing on the mind while building- a soundtrack would be nice, as I get bored often when forging from no noise, and that the general experience should bring about your wonder/curiosity and happiness emotions, seeing as when your curious and happy, you can do amazing things.

I agree with all of this. But you forgot to mention an ocean somewhere.
Also, this open-mind is sometimes unwanted. Some people need a theme to concentrate on.
I believe setting in custom time and weather conditions would fix this.

> I agree with all of this. But you forgot to mention an ocean somewhere.
> Also, this open-mind is sometimes unwanted. Some people need a theme to concentrate on.
> I believe setting in custom time and weather conditions would fix this.

What if they made most, if not all maps forge-friendly than? I sometimes like to build off of building too, it’s just rather relax and start from scratch, y’know?

I agree!

Good idea. But instead of just a forge map like that we could have a terrain editor to give our maps more unique themes like…
Farcry 2
There, I said it. Honestly, though, I think that a map editor like [Farcry 2’s] will be much more fun and provide much more variety in our maps, rather then the same grey structures over the same bland map.
And to cure your ‘no noise’ problem, just listen to music.

i dont know about all that, but I would like to see forge turn into more of a map maker rather than a map editor.

You guy’s don’t seem too get it…i’m trying too say that Forge should be a better experience on the mind. I’m not even talking about how it should work (somebody commented on making it like FC2). That’s NOT the point I am trying too bring up. I’ll say it again, I think Forge should make the mind question and be left in awe at the artistry of the mode. Surreal clouds, awkward hills, endless expanses of it all (not literally, but visually), music that’s just as soothing as the visuals (piano music? FAST piano music???) etc.

Got your point, and I agree with you, some ambience could do no harm and be much enjoyable to forge I agree.

Need more flow, more ambience and rhythm.