Halo 4 HUD secondary placement?

The weapons in Halo 4 all look sick but in all the game plays I have watched, I haven’t seen
your secondary weapon displayed in the corner behind the weapon your holding, showing
off its ammo, shape and such.

Any info on if this will be added in the full game? Links?

I’m fairly sure it was confirmed that your secondary will not be in the HUD. I don’t have the interview handy but I’m pretty sure that’s what I heard.

Frankie commented on neogaf confirming it’s not in

So… between 3 and 4, a number of years has gone by, Chief has gotten an armor upgrade and SPARTAN-IVs have come into existence, as well as a new MK of MJOLNIR and an offshoot of the armor system.

But we’ve lost the ability to dual-wield and see our secondary weapon.

Lolwut

He said it was clutter on the HUD so it’s out

> So… between 3 and 4, a number of years has gone by, Chief has gotten an armor upgrade and SPARTAN-IVs have come into existence, as well as a new MK of MJOLNIR and an offshoot of the armor system.
>
> But we’ve lost the ability to dual-wield and see our secondary weapon.
>
> Lolwut

These are changing times for all of us

This topic is also a catch 22 because there are some folks who are arguing that the HUD is too busy. However, one the surface, it does not bother me either way. Maybe my disposition will change once I play the game. ((((Shrugs))))

> This topic is also a catch 22 because there are some folks who are arguing that the HUD is too busy. However, one the surface, it does not bother me either way. Maybe my disposition will change once I play the game. ((((Shrugs))))

I’d like to see my secondary when I spawn in an unknown game mode. I don’t want to have to spawn an check

> So… between 3 and 4, a number of years has gone by, Chief has gotten an armor upgrade and SPARTAN-IVs have come into existence, as well as a new MK of MJOLNIR and an offshoot of the armor system.
>
>
> Lolwut

Right, because canon always makes multiplayer better 100% of the time.

> > This topic is also a catch 22 because there are some folks who are arguing that the HUD is too busy. However, one the surface, it does not bother me either way. Maybe my disposition will change once I play the game. ((((Shrugs))))
>
> I’d like to see my secondary when I spawn in an unknown game mode. I don’t want to have to spawn an check

You see it when you select your class.

But come on, it’s just tapping Y.

>
>
> Lolwut

Not like it matters, if you honestly cant remember what your secondary is and are too lazy to hit YY, thats your fault.

it doesn’t bother me

> > This topic is also a catch 22 because there are some folks who are arguing that the HUD is too busy. However, one the surface, it does not bother me either way. Maybe my disposition will change once I play the game. ((((Shrugs))))
>
> I’d like to see my secondary when I spawn in an unknown game mode. I don’t want to have to spawn an check

It would be a nice to have feature…

> > > This topic is also a catch 22 because there are some folks who are arguing that the HUD is too busy. However, one the surface, it does not bother me either way. Maybe my disposition will change once I play the game. ((((Shrugs))))
> >
> > I’d like to see my secondary when I spawn in an unknown game mode. I don’t want to have to spawn an check
>
> It would be a nice to have feature…

To be honest, I didn’t even notice it wasn’t there when I was playing. I knew what secondary I set in my loadouts and just played. And if I picked a preset loadout, I just flipped Y-Y to see what it was.

In the grand scheme of things, for me, this is exceptionally minor.

> > > > This topic is also a catch 22 because there are some folks who are arguing that the HUD is too busy. However, one the surface, it does not bother me either way. Maybe my disposition will change once I play the game. ((((Shrugs))))
> > >
> > > I’d like to see my secondary when I spawn in an unknown game mode. I don’t want to have to spawn an check
> >
> > It would be a nice to have feature…
>
> To be honest, I didn’t even notice it wasn’t there when I was playing. I knew what secondary I set in my loadouts and just played. And if I picked a preset loadout, I just flipped Y-Y to see what it was.
>
> In the grand scheme of things, for me, this is exceptionally minor.

Agreed…

> > > > This topic is also a catch 22 because there are some folks who are arguing that the HUD is too busy. However, one the surface, it does not bother me either way. Maybe my disposition will change once I play the game. ((((Shrugs))))
> > >
> > > I’d like to see my secondary when I spawn in an unknown game mode. I don’t want to have to spawn an check
> >
> > It would be a nice to have feature…
>
> To be honest, I didn’t even notice it wasn’t there when I was playing. I knew what secondary I set in my loadouts and just played. And if I picked a preset loadout, I just flipped Y-Y to see what it was.
>
> In the grand scheme of things, for me, this is exceptionally minor.

This, just get into the habit. I honestly have never checked, i wouldnt have even known it was there if it wasnt for people talking about it.