Halo 4 Hud Element Missing

Just wanted to point out that on the hud, from gameplay so far, it does not show your secondary weapon like in previous halos. I think that that should be added in because if i am in a battle and need to switch to my secondary and i forgot that its a plasma pistol, imma be pissed. :smiley: What do you guys think.

Never really noticed until you pointed it out.

I guess all you can do is be sure to remember what your weapons have.

I was speaking about this to someone on the forums last night. Hopefully it’s changed by the time the game goes gold. I was looking at some pictures of the Beta for Halo Reach and it did not show the secondary weapon either.

I also noticed this a week or two ago but didn’t bother making a thread. I agree, its stupid.

This is a major flaw. I’m sure it’ll be fixed in the final game, because if they left that out…

Anybody who has (and still does) played Halo 1 will know that remembering what you have a secondary weapon really isn’t that big of a problem.

> I was speaking about this to someone on the forums last night. Hopefully it’s changed by the time the game goes gold. I was looking at some pictures of the <mark>Beta for Halo Reach and it did not show the secondary weapon either</mark>.

Actually, it did most of the time. If it didn’t, that was due to a glitch. There was a major glitch involving a ghost image of the previous weapon on the HUD when a players switched.

> Anybody who has (and still does) played Halo 1 will know that remembering what you have a secondary weapon really isn’t that big of a problem.

Halo 1 didn’t have Xbox Live.

> > Anybody who has (and still does) played Halo 1 will know that remembering what you have a secondary weapon really isn’t that big of a problem.
>
> Halo 1 didn’t have Xbox Live.

Xbox Connect, my friend. And Halo PC.

> > Anybody who has (and still does) played Halo 1 will know that remembering what you have a secondary weapon really isn’t that big of a problem.
>
> Halo 1 didn’t have Xbox Live.

So? What’s your point? I and many others have played Halo PC/Halo Custom Edition online, and never had any problems with not having a little picture of our secondary weapon.

> > > Anybody who has (and still does) played Halo 1 will know that remembering what you have a secondary weapon really isn’t that big of a problem.
> >
> > Halo 1 didn’t have Xbox Live.
>
> So? What’s your point? I and many others have played Halo PC/Halo Custom Edition online, and never had any problems with not having a little picture of our secondary weapon.

Well you may not use it a lot. But I, and a lot of others, do. If I’m actually consciously aware that I use it a lot, then I must use a hell of a lot. At least give us the option so that people who don’t want it there don’t have to.

> > > > Anybody who has (and still does) played Halo 1 will know that remembering what you have a secondary weapon really isn’t that big of a problem.
> > >
> > > Halo 1 didn’t have Xbox Live.
> >
> > So? What’s your point? I and many others have played Halo PC/Halo Custom Edition online, and never had any problems with not having a little picture of our secondary weapon.
>
> Well you may not use it a lot. But I, and a lot of others, do. If I’m actually consciously aware that I use it a lot, then I must use a hell of a lot. At least give us the option so that people who don’t want it there don’t have to.

I don’t mean to sound rude, but it can’t be that hard to remember which weapons you’re holding, right?

Fast weapon switching and good memorization > that hud element

But I am hoping that it is an indicator that the hud can finally be customized.

> > > > > Anybody who has (and still does) played Halo 1 will know that remembering what you have a secondary weapon really isn’t that big of a problem.
> > > >
> > > > Halo 1 didn’t have Xbox Live.
> > >
> > > So? What’s your point? I and many others have played Halo PC/Halo Custom Edition online, and never had any problems with not having a little picture of our secondary weapon.
> >
> > Well you may not use it a lot. But I, and a lot of others, do. If I’m actually consciously aware that I use it a lot, then I must use a hell of a lot. At least give us the option so that people who don’t want it there don’t have to.
>
> I don’t mean to sound rude, but it can’t be that hard to remember which weapons you’re holding, right?

Obviously it can to some, heck, todays gamers seems to need/like to have everything handed to them at start, be invis or wallhack, deathstreaks or even games that play themselves. Map design during campaign should be 1 narrow corridor so that you can’t go wrong and no enemie should require skills or stealth, just massive bullet spam. I’d like the old days with 10+ weapons in inventory, fast games and complex maps ^^

Well, if you do AFK for some reason, or just habitually change weapons, or broke the button or just got amnesia, it is good to see that pic. I don’t need it or care for it, but to some it’s good, and for new players it might even be necessary so they’ll know what they’ve got.

> > > > > Anybody who has (and still does) played Halo 1 will know that remembering what you have a secondary weapon really isn’t that big of a problem.
> > > >
> > > > Halo 1 didn’t have Xbox Live.
> > >
> > > So? What’s your point? I and many others have played Halo PC/Halo Custom Edition online, and never had any problems with not having a little picture of our secondary weapon.
> >
> > Well you may not use it a lot. But I, and a lot of others, do. If I’m actually consciously aware that I use it a lot, then I must use a hell of a lot. At least give us the option so that people who don’t want it there don’t have to.
>
> I don’t mean to sound rude, but it can’t be that hard to remember which weapons you’re holding, right?

I agree, also it adds another layer of skill :wink:

I fondly remember people in the next room yelling “-Yoink- a -Yoinking!- plasma pistol!!”

I actually use it for a completely different purpose. If i have something like an energy sword it is nice to know how much energy i have when I’m in a DMR fight so i don’t rush 3 guys with 10% energy left.

I find that I’m usually fairly good at remembering what I have, and how much of it i have left. Then again, I’m also the kinda of person who is always switching back and forth between weapons in during downtime.

I suspect it is just an unfinished aspect of the game. There is no way they would take away our ability to tell what our other gun was, that would be dead awful, and extremely annoying.

I agree, we should see both weapons. We see all of our grenades.

> I actually use it for a completely different purpose. If i have something like an energy sword it is nice to know how much energy i have when I’m in a DMR fight so i don’t rush 3 guys with 10% energy left.

I use it for that reason too.