Halo 4 Helmets - What were you thinking?!

Please Vote if you think the majority of the Halo 4 helmets are ugly.

Really 343?! I love this game, but the helmets are repulsive. Who even thought that these helmets were cool?

I mean, look at the Defender helmet and tell me that the guy who made it wasn’t high… They obviously made it look like a derpy face…

Oh! and another face helmet, the War Master helmet… it looks like an angry monkey face stamped into a visor.

What happened to the halo helmets? What happened to a decent sized visor (That isn’t stamped with some monkey face design) where the eyes and nose should be and a metal covering where the mouth should be? Why did you have to add horns (Fotus) and huge VCRs (Scanner) to helmets that would be great without them?

I LOVE your game 343i, but I just wish I could get some more classic looking helmets for my spartan.

I love everyone. K bye. :slight_smile:

as a defender user, i don´t know what to say, but helmets like commando and ranger need to be swaped

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion. I think the selection of helmets was wide enough where 343 might have just made up stuff, but that doesn’t mean they were ugly.

I felt this way since before the game even came out.Im a fan of the classic clean cut helmets or atleast ones that look like it. Im too lazy to do legendary Campaign to get Mk VI , and they even made The scout helmet look horrible

I think the helmets are ok, but the shoulders are what annoy me. The shoulders don’t feel like armor, it looks like a chunk of metal screwed to the arm. I like when the shoulder is curved around the arm, not flat against the arm where it makes minimal contact with the arm and 90% of the shoulder is hanging off.

I wouldn’t say the majority are ugly, but many are questionable. I remember in Reach everyone wondered how anyone could see with GUNGNIR, but now there are 4 or 5 helmets with little or no visor at all.

Since 343i said they wanted to make MJOLNIR armor more functional, this only confuses me more.

> I wouldn’t say the majority are ugly, but many are questionable. I remember in Reach everyone wondered how anyone could see with GUNGNIR, but now there are 4 or 5 helmets with little or no visor at all.
>
> Since 343i said they wanted to make MJOLNIR armor more functional, this only confuses me more.

Presumably the inside of the helmet would have a video feed of outside covering it.

Unfortunately yes, the helmets are kind of ugly this time around and in any of the previous Halos. Now the other body parts are great selection wise but man, some of them…

I see so many influences, Splinter Cell, Star Wars Original Trilogy Bomber Pilots, Bioshock, etc. But they are just so…out there, sometimes.

Heres a quick list of all ugly helmets I’ll just put all I’ve got I’m at SR59 Wetworks

ugs
Warrior
Aviator
Defender
Recon(Just because of the giant chin strap/Headgear)
Infiltrator
Hazop
EOD
CIO
Gungnir
Commando
Ranger

Sad but true. But hey, this is the most armor we’ve ever had to play with. also most of the chests kinda are hit and miss with me.

Warmaster is supposed to look like a Brutes face.

I mostly have issues with the lack of Forearm and Leg options, and most Forearms look like slight modifications of the same base (almost all are very organic and curving, and tend to not go quite as well with the sharper armors).

Forgot to change my primary color back to White after finishing playing today :/.

> > I wouldn’t say the majority are ugly, but many are questionable. I remember in Reach everyone wondered how anyone could see with GUNGNIR, but now there are 4 or 5 helmets with little or no visor at all.
> >
> > Since 343i said they wanted to make MJOLNIR armor more functional, this only confuses me more.
>
> Presumably the inside of the helmet would have a video feed of outside covering it.

So, instead of having a super durable transparent visor; they made a just as breakable, more expensive, metal visor with a tv inside. Seems quite reasonable.

> ugs
> Aviator
> EOD
> CIO
> Gungnir

I agree with the deleted ones, but those ones? C’mon! Aviator looks like an actual helmet! The other ones just don’t look bad.

Also how can anyone say the new Scout looks bad. Did you see it in Halo 3? Looked -Yoink!- limited. Had a weird hollow triangle at the mouth and looked like a duck. Now it looks normal.

That’s why i roll with my Deadeye Helm. In my opinion it’s the best in the game :smiley:

> I felt this way since before the game even came out.Im a fan of the classic clean cut helmets or atleast ones that look like it. Im too lazy to do legendary Campaign to get Mk VI , and they even made The scout helmet look horrible

Agreed, I used to use Scout for a while when H3 came out, now it’s too…Metal Gear Ray-ish.

I can see each helmet being used by someone. They’re all very aesthetically different with bold personalities. The only one I just don’t understand is the Pioneer helmet…it’s like abstract art or something.

> > > I wouldn’t say the majority are ugly, but many are questionable. I remember in Reach everyone wondered how anyone could see with GUNGNIR, but now there are 4 or 5 helmets with little or no visor at all.
> > >
> > > Since 343i said they wanted to make MJOLNIR armor more functional, this only confuses me more.
> >
> > Presumably the inside of the helmet would have a video feed of outside covering it.
>
> So, instead of having a super durable transparent visor; they made a just as breakable, more expensive, metal visor with a tv inside. Seems quite reasonable.

Presumably it’d be projected onto the interior, and the metal should be at least a bit more durable than the visor. Honestly, I kind of like some of the helmets that are like that (ex: Wetworks, somewhat CIO and GUNGNIR).

Ehh I would say somewhere around 30% are truly ugly (scanner). There are awesome ones too, they cover about every style.

I love halo. Let’s put it this way, I read ALL the books, played all the games, and have waited for this for years. Campaign is amazing, Chief’s armor looks amazing. But really I find Spartan 4s to be lackluster. They are far less professional (which is understandable as they were not indoctrinated since 6 yrs old), Palmer doesn’t even come across as a capable Spartan CO. Kay was a moron, I was glad to see her shot in the head. (Why she didn’t have her shields on as New ale Andrea was being GLASSED is beyond me) but she at least wore a freaking helmet in combat. Palmer must be above such things. Not to mention her dialog is hit or miss, mainly in Spartan Ops. But I digress…

The new Spartan 4 armor is more anime than practical. I know armor, I have a crap load of current armor. I know it and wear it. The Spartan armor is looks only. It has minimal practical function, and the actual armor coverage is minimal. Some load outs like Recon, Scout, and Infiltrator… yeah. Light and mobile is your goal. But soldier, warrior, Gungnir armor should have more coverage, armor, and utilitarian purposes. The soldier torso I believe it was would be smart. If you look at a Spartan, where do they carry mags? They supposedly have a utility belt that you can’t see. But come on, make it utilitarian. Make it make sense. Don’t get me started on pioneer armor. I mean its cool looking armor, don’t get me wrong. From an artistic side, beautiful gear. But in this world, make it look militaristic. These are soldiers, the best. But no one makes brute looking armor to appease a leet spartan. Gear is made to work. Not to be pretty. Like I said, I wear modern armor, I know what would work, how you shoulder your weapon, reload, and move in it. Let’s bring it back to a more realistic approach. That’s my opinion. Any questions, I will try to answer. Thank you.

> > ugs
> > Aviator
> > EOD
> > CIO
> > Gungnir
>
> I agree with the deleted ones, but those ones? C’mon! Aviator looks like an actual helmet! The other ones just don’t look bad.
>
>
> Also how can anyone say the new Scout looks bad. Did you see it in Halo 3? Looked -Yoink!- limited. Had a weird hollow triangle at the mouth and looked like a duck. Now it looks normal.

Scout was definitely better IMO in H3 the only real problem was from the sides it it looked kinda like a birds beak but in general it looked like a badass Gundam type helmet. Now as I said it looks too much like Metal Gear Ray now, the edges and angles got warped in this weird way.

Aviator looks like a mix between a jet fighter helmet and a moto-cross biker helmet, so I am not a fan of either of those, plus that helm makes the neck looks extra skinny and veiny because of the metal criss cross pattern on the sides of it. Again this is all personal preference but.

EOD is just not quite a good take on Halo 3’s and Reachs rendition of it. It looked the best in H3 and then slightly worse in Reach. It looks like there is a frogs mouth going across the middle of it and it’s just too boxy for me along with the giant things sticking out of the chin.

CIO was done almost right and it definitely looks heavily influenced by Splinter Cell(which is fine great game except no more Ironside). I read somewhere somebody said it reminded them of the Death Mask from Mass Effect and it looks nothing like it. But again this doesn’t hit the mark for me because of the weird tiny squished mouth looking area of it.

Gungnir was the ugly lunchbox helmet in Reach and now it’s been smashed in and rounded this time and…it still is no bueno. Its definitely a much better take on Reachs and the mouth area looks fine. Mine looks ok because I got a Pulse skin from Microsoft…kinda lame pre order, I was thinking every place would have an exclusive skin for either DMR or

But like I said we have so any options and Wetworks is great along with Rogue from what I’ve seen and Mark VI, Air Assault is solid, EVA, Raider, etc.

I think the helmets are fine. The Defender is ugly, but it reminds me of one of those Sentinels from X-Men or something.

My major issue are the chests and shoulders. In Reach, they were all nice and distinct. Now, you can barely tell them apart.