Halo 4 Helmets and armor

So, helmets in Halo 4. From what I’ve seen, MOST of them look really… meh, to say the least. Like robotic heads that really don’t belong on Spartans. In Reach and previous Halo games, the helmets looked cool, but at the same time kept the impression that there was a human under the armor. So far, from what I’ve seen in 4, most of these just look kinda bad. I’m really hoping that’s just me, and that there’s some helmets that don’t look as weird (no offense, 343. Your game still is awesome in everything else.).
As for armor, I have heard that armor will actually change the gameplay rather than just appearance. Can anybody confirm? I personally think it’s on either side of the fence- maybe good, maybe bad.
What are your opinions on this?

And what do you want done with the armor? Are you saying you want it changed, even tho the game is gold, and is 3 weeks away from launch?

Armor is purely cosmetic. And no, no designs will be changed for you, it’s finished.

Armour will NOT change gameplay in anyway and personally I think the helmets look awesome sauce.

I love the new head pieces. They look more Forerunner, which would make a lot of sense canonically. We’ve just had a major tech upgrade since Onyx was discovered. The Infinity for example. I think they’ve done a wonderful job.

I think the helmets look brilliant and I love the amount of variation between them, I think 343 did a great job however I’m a little bit sad that there’s no Security :frowning:

I like the helmets. Games done. Don’t you think complaining about it is kind of useless at this point.

Which Helmets look robotic, exactly? I’ve only seen 5 or 6 that actually look rather odd.

all helmets

I like most of the helmets, the shoulders are the only armor pieces that seem lackluster. And as for “armor affecting gameplay” people seriously need to learn to read. Specialization armor IS FOR LOOKS ONLY.

Well, some of the helmets look freakin’ good, some of them are ugly as hell, but everyone should personally decide which helmet(s) they like and which helmet(s) don’t. The only thing I find bad about helmets overall is that there isn’t an ODST helmet, there should be one, but as written before, none of the basic elements will be changed about 2.5 weeks before launch.

> Which Helmets look robotic, exactly? I’ve only seen 5 or 6 that actually look rather odd.
>
> all helmets

Most of them look Robotic.

Agreed.

Luckily Recruit is default armour so most people will use that, we will mostly see Recruit.

I wish they had ODST too

Gonna be rocking that well-earned Mark-VI helmet :smiley:

Anybody else joining the party?

i want my gundam armor, man.

really? go on youtube and look for a video of people showing off the helmets, there are still helmets with the reach and 3 like design and feel that you guys wine that you want

> > Which Helmets look robotic, exactly? I’ve only seen 5 or 6 that actually look rather odd.
> >
> > all helmets
>
> Most of them look Robotic.

lol they are robotic suits

> I wish they had ODST too

This, I was surprised that it didn’t make it in Halo 4 :(. At least Recruit/Air Assault resemble it a little.

I think the helmets are great with the exception of scanner which looks hideous

Most weird helmets are Infiltator, Pionner, Enginner, CIO and Vanguard.