Halo 4 Heavy Weapons: Community Brainstorming

Do you think Halo 4 will feature Heavy Weapons like the Missile Pod or Flamethrower?

Do you want Heavy Weapons in Halo 4?

Can you think of any Heavy Weapons?

Themes to consider are:

-bullet
-plasma
-needle
-spike
-fuel rod
-gauss
-missile
-laser
-grenade
-fire
-ice
-gravity

The Flamethrower should definitely return.

I liked the Heavy Weapons, they changed up the sandbox, and made it more interesting with the tradeoff of speed for power. But I’d like to see different ones this time around, possibly some Forerunner.

a

Everything that was in Halo 3, plus perhaps some new Forerunner weapons.

I would like the heavy weapons to return, but I would prefer it to stay in First Person mode while handling them. I never liked how when I picked up a turret or flamethrower I was thrown into 3rd.

You know, when some vehicles are destroyed, I’d like to see that their turret could be used like a heavy weapon, just with a limited ammo count liked a ripped turret. It could be a fun reward if you destroy a Gauss 'hog and then you could have a few shots from the detached Gauss gun to deliver some pain.

suggestions: 40mm automatic grenade laungher, 4 barrel .50 cal metal storm turret, m99 gauss rifle, missile pod, machine gun, gatling gun, flamethrower, plasma turret, class 2 fuel rod cannon

> You know, when some vehicles are destroyed, I’d like to see that their turret could be used like a heavy weapon, just with a limited ammo count liked a ripped turret. It could be a fun reward if you destroy a Gauss 'hog and then you could have a few shots from the detached Gauss gun to deliver some pain.

A portable Gauss gun sounds delicious…

I’d have to say, bring back the Detachable Turret, Missile Pod, Flamethrower. Sentinel beam counts as a heavy weapon, right?
New weapons:
Deployable autoturret (kinda like the one in Aliens, except better)
Enforcer Cannon. Yep. Destroy an Enforcer, get it’s main gun. Maybe aesthetics such as gaining overshields during use?

Heavy Needler Turret.

7 shots to supercombine
14 shots to supercombine a vehicle. 1 vehicle-supercomine is enough to destroy a Warthog.
Capable of Headshots
Fires the same rate as a Battle Rifle

I would love a heavy weapon that is a power weapon.

1 in the whole map and shoots very fast.

Now that would be worth walking around slowly.

Flamethrower definately. Maybe even an “Ice”-thrower that freezes enemies and slows them down.

Also…anyone familiar with the One-Shot from Gears 3? Yeah, that.

A flame thrower that actually has good range/damage. The Halo 1 flame thrower was really good because you can run full speed with it. The Halo 3 one was bad because you ran slower with it, we’re spartans come on even ODSTs can run faster with a flame thrower(you did run faster with a flame thrower in ODST).

A Forerunner Turret that crushes enemies, weapons, vehicles, grenades, AAs, equipment, etc. with Gravity.

Perhaps a anti-vehicle oriented weapon that is portable, like the Spartan laser. However, I’d like to see it be of alien tech since, let’s be honest, all the Covenant heavy weapons are atrocious. I would say it would be a weapon of two shots whose projectiles travel at high velocities, like the gauss hogs do, and it would be accuracy based like a sniper rifle so it’s a little ineffective in closed quarters, and I don’t think a small blast radius would hurt.

Maybe a mortar weapon?

Yes, I want to see Forerunners running around with huge flamethrowers on their back shooting blue fire. That’s just my imagination.

> Maybe a mortar weapon?

What about an EMP mortar?

> > You know, when some vehicles are destroyed, I’d like to see that their turret could be used like a heavy weapon, just with a limited ammo count liked a ripped turret. It could be a fun reward if you destroy a Gauss 'hog and then you could have a few shots from the detached Gauss gun to deliver some pain.
>
> A portable Gauss gun sounds delicious…
>
> I’d have to say, bring back the Detachable Turret, Missile Pod, Flamethrower. Sentinel beam counts as a heavy weapon, right?
> New weapons:
> Deployable autoturret (kinda like the one in Aliens, except better)
> Enforcer Cannon. Yep. Destroy an Enforcer, get it’s main gun. Maybe aesthetics such as gaining overshields during use?

Like the auto turret from halo 3?

ok heres wat im thinking. a huge gun that shoots a black/purple orb in the sky. itthe sucks everyone in it. if you hit the center you die instantly. if you dont then it hurts you