Halo 4 Health

Why, does in Halo 4 the health go back to Halo 3’s health. In Halo 3 you couldn’t tell if you had a lot of health left or no health left. Why doesn’t 343i put Reach’s (or something similar)health into the game. It would make the gameplay better and it would also increase strategic playing.

Who else agrees that 343i should put your health underneath your shields?

I just think it has to do with canon chronological reasons. because Chief is still in the same suit and he didn’t have Reach’s HUD style in Halo 3 so it makes sense for it be on his HUD in Halo 4.

> I just think it has to do with canon chronological reasons. because Chief is still in the same suit and he didn’t have Reach’s HUD style in Halo 3 so it makes sense for it be on his HUD in Halo 4.

I actually never thought of it that way.

The health is at the top of the HUD.

> The health is at the top of the HUD.

Are you referring to the Shield Bar?

I honestly did like the health in halo reach because i knew how much health i had. I just did not like the health packs to recharge your health.

Also what Itzy Bitsy Cat said you are the Chief in this game and did not have the reach style HUD.

Because theres health packs in halo reach and thats stupid if you have no shields you’re one shot so hide, thats all you need to know.

I think it should be left out, besides, If I remember correctly, your health automatically regenerates after your shields do.

I like the health being at the bottom for strategic reasons. I also dislike that when your shields regenerate, your health regenerates. That is so fantasy.

> I honestly did like the health in halo reach because i knew how much health i had. I just did not like the health packs to recharge your health.
>
> Also what Itzy Bitsy Cat said you are the Chief in this game and did not have the reach style HUD.

I agree I did like Reach’s health system the most but then we got to think hey we need to keep it chronological canon wise. I’m thinking maybe that somewhere they said you could hear your Spartan gasping and grunting the more damage they took a long time ago like ODST style but I can’t be sure if that’s true but if it is maybe we just have to listen to our Spartan to know when he’ll give out…

don’t you know when you are no shield? (one shot etc etc).

>_<

> I like the health being at the bottom for strategic reasons. I also dislike that when your shields regenerate, your health regenerates. <mark>That is so fantasy.</mark>

Why? In Halo: Reach, the spartans are using Mjolnir Mark IV (IIRC), Chief uses Mark V. So it’s not unreasonable to assume that the Mark VI and Mark VII can regenerate your health.

In Halo 3 you didn’t have to know how much health you had because as soon as the shields recharged your health regenerated

> > I just think it has to do with canon chronological reasons. because Chief is still in the same suit and he didn’t have Reach’s HUD style in Halo 3 so it makes sense for it be on his HUD in Halo 4.
>
> I actually never thought of it that way.

His armor is a lot different though, so I wouldn’t see why they’d keep canon appearance for his hud but not for his armor. I know it’s most likely artistic design but it looks really different, and he has always had jet boots that he never used before? or maybe cortana did something to him while he was sleeping, thus explaining his upgraded armor as well. I’m not complaining I’m just stating my views… ah, I’m starting to stray off topic now. Anyways… The health was indeed useful for checking how close you were to death, but I don’t see it as that big of a game changer.

> don’t you know when you are no shield? (one shot etc etc).
>
> >_<

I know that, but if you don’t get headshotted, then how do you know how much an assault rifle is hurting you.

> > I like the health being at the bottom for strategic reasons. I also dislike that when your shields regenerate, your health regenerates. <mark>That is so fantasy.</mark>
>
> Why? In Halo: Reach, the spartans are using Mjolnir Mark IV (IIRC), Chief uses Mark V. So it’s not unreasonable to assume that the Mark VI and Mark VII can regenerate your health.

Then how come in Reach when you get the Mark VI, your health doesn’t recharge?

> > > I like the health being at the bottom for strategic reasons. I also dislike that when your shields regenerate, your health regenerates. <mark>That is so fantasy.</mark>
> >
> > Why? In Halo: Reach, the spartans are using Mjolnir Mark IV (IIRC), Chief uses Mark V. So it’s not unreasonable to assume that the Mark VI and Mark VII can regenerate your health.
>
> Then how come in Reach when you get the Mark VI, your health doesn’t recharge?

Gameplay reasons. Bungie didn’t go as far as making armor that served a function other than changing the player visuals.

halo reach was a prequel to the first trilogy it has the same health system as halo ce due to the fact that all armor mark v and less required extra effort to regain health where as mark vi and further do not. basically health is the same as your shield but youre more durable and heal completely in cover.

Come on guys, I can’t be the only one who wants the Reach health?

When it comes to HUD less is always better. And the health system of Reach and a few other Halo’s have served no real purpose.