Halo 4 having 2 discs??

Do you think halo 4 should have a dedicated campaign and firefight disk, and a dedicated forge, theater and Multiplayer disk?
I do, because if they did they could make the game so much bigger and better.

What does the community think??
sorry i meant just 2 disks, one for campaign and firefight, and the other for everything else.

Nope. Constant disk changing = annoying. I repeat. Nope.

> Nope. Constant disk changing = annoying. I repeat. Nope.

Its not that big of a deal changing disks, so you’d rather a smaller campaign, smaller forge, less Multiplayer maps just because it too ‘annoying’ changing disks?

It’s inconvenient.

Imagine this scenario: You have a bunch of people in a custom game, but they all ask you, the party leader, to take them all matchmaking. However, because Matchmaking is on a separate disk, you have depart from your party, enter a new disk, then re-invite everyone.

Now, how can you not find that irritating?

What about if you’re in matchmaking, and you play a really good game, and want to record a nice multi-kill you got? Oh, you have to take out your Matchmaking disk and enter a Theatre disk. Instead of simply pressing B, scrolling down to Theatre and selecting it, you have to spend an additional 5 minutes exchanging disks and faffing about with loading screens.

Besides, there’s no reason why they couldn’t put everything onto one disk. Even if they did make everything massive, 2 disks is enough, not separate disks for each game mode, that’s just silly!

That’s my opinion anyway!

Yes.

> It’s inconvenient.
>
> Imagine this scenario: You have a bunch of people in a custom game, but they all ask you, the party leader, to take them all matchmaking. However, because Matchmaking is on a separate disk, you have depart from your party, enter a new disk, then re-invite everyone.
>
> Now, how can you not find that irritating?
>
> What about if you’re in matchmaking, and you play a really good game, and want to record a nice multi-kill you got? Oh, you have to take out your Matchmaking disk and enter a Theatre disk. Instead of simply pressing B, scrolling down to Theatre and selecting it, you have to spend an additional 5 minutes exchanging disks and faffing about with loading screens.
>
> Besides, there’s no reason why they couldn’t put everything onto one disk. Even if they did make everything massive, 2 disks is enough, not separate disks for each game mode, that’s just silly!
>
> That’s my opinion anyway!
>
> Yes.

But what if we had only two disks? One for Camapign and Firefight and the other for Multiplayer, Forge and Theather. With two disks you wouldn’t need to switch disks all the time and every piece of content would fit there very well.

> > It’s inconvenient.
> >
> > Imagine this scenario: You have a bunch of people in a custom game, but they all ask you, the party leader, to take them all matchmaking. However, because Matchmaking is on a separate disk, you have depart from your party, enter a new disk, then re-invite everyone.
> >
> > Now, how can you not find that irritating?
> >
> > What about if you’re in matchmaking, and you play a really good game, and want to record a nice multi-kill you got? Oh, you have to take out your Matchmaking disk and enter a Theatre disk. Instead of simply pressing B, scrolling down to Theatre and selecting it, you have to spend an additional 5 minutes exchanging disks and faffing about with loading screens.
> >
> > Besides, there’s no reason why they couldn’t put everything onto one disk. Even if they did make everything massive, 2 disks is enough, not separate disks for each game mode, that’s just silly!
> >
> > That’s my opinion anyway!
> >
> > Yes.
>
> But what if we had only two disks? One for Camapign and Firefight and the other for Multiplayer, Forge and Theather. With two disks you wouldn’t need to switch disks all the time and every piece of content would fit there very well.

Uhm, what I said at the end kinda implied upon that!
I guess I forgot to mention what could be on the 2 disks. :stuck_out_tongue:

It will almost indefinitely be 1 disc. Just common protocol. However if from original design they plan it to be two discs, it is always a possibility. I myself would prefer downloadable features, rather than a disc change. For example in order to access advanced forge mode you would download the (free) Advanced forge DLC from the marketplace.

Of course this would upset the large offline population, so it is likely that features are cut due to this.

A lot of people here don’t seem to know how disc-changing works.

With Battlefield 3, if you have the multiplayer disc in and you want to play campaign, you press the campaign button on the main menu. A box pops up saying “insert campaign disc”. You do so, press the prompted button, and go from there. You don’t have to dashboard, there’s no long disc-reading time, I’d say it takes 10 seconds. And that’s being generous.

If disc size means 343 would have to cut back on content even slightly to fit it on, then they should have two discs.

> A lot of people here don’t seem to know how disc-changing works.
>
> With Battlefield 3, if you have the multiplayer disc in and you want to play campaign, you press the campaign button on the main menu. A box pops up saying “insert campaign disc”. You do so, press the prompted button, and go from there. You don’t have to dashboard, there’s no long disc-reading time, I’d say it takes 10 seconds. And that’s being generous.
>
> If disc size means 343 would have to cut back on content even slightly to fit it on, then they should have two discs.

1 disc, 2 discs. any more is just total idiocy on their part.

> > > It’s inconvenient.
> > >
> > > Imagine this scenario: You have a bunch of people in a custom game, but they all ask you, the party leader, to take them all matchmaking. However, because Matchmaking is on a separate disk, you have depart from your party, enter a new disk, then re-invite everyone.
> > >
> > > Now, how can you not find that irritating?
> > >
> > > What about if you’re in matchmaking, and you play a really good game, and want to record a nice multi-kill you got? Oh, you have to take out your Matchmaking disk and enter a Theatre disk. Instead of simply pressing B, scrolling down to Theatre and selecting it, you have to spend an additional 5 minutes exchanging disks and faffing about with loading screens.
> > >
> > > Besides, there’s no reason why they couldn’t put everything onto one disk. Even if they did make everything massive, 2 disks is enough, not separate disks for each game mode, that’s just silly!
> > >
> > > That’s my opinion anyway!
> > >
> > > Yes.
> >
> > But what if we had only two disks? One for Camapign and Firefight and the other for Multiplayer, Forge and Theather. With two disks you wouldn’t need to switch disks all the time and every piece of content would fit there very well.
>
> Uhm, what I said at the end kinda implied upon that!
> I guess I forgot to mention what could be on the 2 disks. :stuck_out_tongue:

If either of you read the original post, you’d see he/she only mentions 2 discs. Not one for each different lobby. A Dedicated Campaign and Firefight disc, and a dedicated Matchmaking and so on disc. Just 2 discs. That’s it. Read.

It doesn’t bother me at all. Campaign would be bigger - larger level design more AI’s etc.

It may have to since the 360 is finally reaching the end of its life and is being pushed to the limit. I wouldn’t be bothered by having 2 discs at all.

> It may have to since the 360 is finally reaching the end of its life and is being pushed to the limit. I wouldn’t be bothered by having 2 discs at all.

Exactly =)

With all that the community is wanting in the game, it will HAVE to be on two disks.
And honestly, if you have campaign on one disk and multiplayer on the other, and install both, you should be able to play using the campaign disk.

I support 2 disk’s for Halo 4.

more maps at launch, and bigger set pieces for the story mode.

A disk for EVERYTHING campaign & a disk for EVERYTHING multiplayer & yes multiplayer means theater & forge too. Obviously this will allow a better version of the game just like how the 360 is able to show BF3 on 2 disk. If the 360 had a blue ray reader this would not be a problem, but its just to much for 1 disk w/ out that reader if we want so much in it. I for one am ok w/ this because it could lead to better forge possibilities or just more objects that can be place.

It’s highly unlikely, but I’d like to see a kick–Yoink- long campaign that fits on one disc itself and has an amazing story.

> > It may have to since the 360 is finally reaching the end of its life and is being pushed to the limit. I wouldn’t be bothered by having 2 discs at all.
>
> Exactly =)

Your kidding me right? The makers of Xbox expect that the system is in its midlife. They don’t plan to make another system, they plan to expand it with kinect.

I don’t mind. In fact I was hoping it would be 2 disc’s. But most people will complain like it’s a bad thing.