Halo 4 Hate

Can anyone give me a actual reason why you think Halo 4 is bad?
Like besides Ordnance i absolutely love the game it’s one of the only reasons i come back to 360.

Halo 4 is one of my most favorite Halo games, but I’ve asked others the same question and these are the results I got:

Gameplay wise, people disliked ordinance and loadouts because they added and element of unpredictability to the game. Normally everyone has equal starts, and it would be safe to assume that the enemy has Battle Rifles and one of them may have a power weapon like the Sniper, but only if that weapon spawns on the map. With loadouts and ordinance, you can’t know for certain if they have a BR, DMR, AR, Boltshot etc. especially since they can change loadouts between spawns. Ordinance makes it even more unpredictable by adding power-weapons that would otherwise be unavailable on the map. Then there are armor abilities and perks, which added even more variables that wouldn’t be present in Halo 2 or 3. This makes the game more chancy, and competitive players believe it was too luck-based for their liking. And of course, there’s the issue with the most controversial topic on Waypoint, the dead-horse issue that will never go away: Sprint. Since Halo 4 was the first to have this as a universal ability, it’s inevitably always going to have some backlash just for that. Beyond that, there are also some complaints about 343’s art style, particularly with their armor design (which I agree with that majority, it’s bad) but the main complaints about Halo 4 come from the veterans’ desire for a competitive game based on equal starts, which Halo 4 didn’t offer until 343 added BR slayer.

They (not me) generally hate sprint, they hate the lack of a visible ranking system, they hate the “randomness” of personal ordnance drops and personal load outs.

My personal feeling is that if Halo 4 had offered visible in-game ranks from day one you would have had a lot more players stick with the game no matter how much they might have disliked one or more of the other features of the game. Just a guess.

no campaign theatre mode
useless sprint and armor abilities
promethean guns
no UNSC flying vehicle
ordinance
everyone gets the same XP no matter their skill
stupid armor ( looking at you protector)
spartan ops
DLC maps that are $10+ that are never used in matchmaking
dumb weapon redesigns ( Battle Rifle)
the game was okay and I played it alot(you can check) it’s just not the same as the others. too many new things and not enough of the old

Halo 4 was different. That’s why people hated it.

> 2533274978553590;2:
> Halo 4 is one of my most favorite Halo games, but I’ve asked others the same question and these are the results I got:
>
> Gameplay wise, people disliked ordinance and loadouts because they added and element of unpredictability to the game. Normally everyone has equal starts, and it would be safe to assume that the enemy has Battle Rifles and one of them may have a power weapon like the Sniper, but only if that weapon spawns on the map. With loadouts and ordinance, you can’t know for certain if they have a BR, DMR, AR, Boltshot etc. especially since they can change loadouts between spawns. Ordinance makes it even more unpredictable by adding power-weapons that would otherwise be unavailable on the map. Then there are armor abilities and perks, which added even more variables that wouldn’t be present in Halo 2 or 3. This makes the game more chancy, and competitive players believe it was too luck-based for their liking. And of course, there’s the issue with the most controversial topic on Waypoint, the dead-horse issue that will never go away: Sprint. Since Halo 4 was the first to have this as a universal ability, it’s inevitably always going to have some backlash just for that. Beyond that, there are also some complaints about 343’s art style, particularly with their armor design (which I agree with that majority, it’s bad) but the main complaints about Halo 4 come from the veterans’ desire for a competitive game based on equal starts, which Halo 4 didn’t offer until 343 added BR slayer.

Ordinance i agree on i hate, Boltshot i also hate bolt shots (Looking at u campers) Loadouts make it so you have to be prepared for anything thats what i like and gives people more option to play with what they like for instance i personally don’t like automatic weapons like the AR i would much prefer the DMR or BR. Armour abilities i like cause it gives more options to your character, (Still wish active camo would work normally when u were walking) Perks honestly you don’t notice much like the only one i notice a lot is mobility
And again sprint was introduced in reach and lets think about it this way it’s kinda stupid to have super soldiers that can’t even run in armour quite stupid if you think about it. And one final thing change has to happen it happens to everything.

> 2533274923639240;6:
> > 2533274978553590;2:
> > Halo 4 is one of my most favorite Halo games, but I’ve asked others the same question and these are the results I got:
> >
> > Gameplay wise, people disliked ordinance and loadouts because they added and element of unpredictability to the game. Normally everyone has equal starts, and it would be safe to assume that the enemy has Battle Rifles and one of them may have a power weapon like the Sniper, but only if that weapon spawns on the map. With loadouts and ordinance, you can’t know for certain if they have a BR, DMR, AR, Boltshot etc. especially since they can change loadouts between spawns. Ordinance makes it even more unpredictable by adding power-weapons that would otherwise be unavailable on the map. Then there are armor abilities and perks, which added even more variables that wouldn’t be present in Halo 2 or 3. This makes the game more chancy, and competitive players believe it was too luck-based for their liking. And of course, there’s the issue with the most controversial topic on Waypoint, the dead-horse issue that will never go away: Sprint. Since Halo 4 was the first to have this as a universal ability, it’s inevitably always going to have some backlash just for that. Beyond that, there are also some complaints about 343’s art style, particularly with their armor design (which I agree with that majority, it’s bad) but the main complaints about Halo 4 come from the veterans’ desire for a competitive game based on equal starts, which Halo 4 didn’t offer until 343 added BR slayer.
>
>
> Ordinance i agree on i hate, Boltshot i also hate bolt shots (Looking at u campers) Loadouts make it so you have to be prepared for anything thats what i like and gives people more option to play with what they like for instance i personally don’t like automatic weapons like the AR i would much prefer the DMR or BR. Armour abilities i like cause it gives more options to your character, (Still wish active camo would work normally when u were walking) Perks honestly you don’t notice much like the only one i notice a lot is mobility
> And again sprint was introduced in reach and lets think about it this way it’s kinda stupid to have super soldiers that can’t even run in armour quite stupid if you think about it. And one final thing change has to happen it happens to everything.

343 has made an attempt to appeal to everyone in Halo 5. They’ve brought back an equal-starts, skill based arena mode for the competitive play, and warzone with loadouts and REQ cards for power weapons for casual play. Both modes have Spartan Abilities which every player has at their disposal and they all give players more options and ways to approach in combat. But still, there are some people who are against sprint and the new abilities and want them to be removed from the game. Often, these people are accused of wanting Halo 5 to be turning into a clone of Halo 2 and/or 3.

> 2533274978553590;7:
> > 2533274923639240;6:
> > > 2533274978553590;2:
> > > Halo 4 is one of my most favorite Halo games, but I’ve asked others the same question and these are the results I got:
> > >
> > > Gameplay wise, people disliked ordinance and loadouts because they added and element of unpredictability to the game. Normally everyone has equal starts, and it would be safe to assume that the enemy has Battle Rifles and one of them may have a power weapon like the Sniper, but only if that weapon spawns on the map. With loadouts and ordinance, you can’t know for certain if they have a BR, DMR, AR, Boltshot etc. especially since they can change loadouts between spawns. Ordinance makes it even more unpredictable by adding power-weapons that would otherwise be unavailable on the map. Then there are armor abilities and perks, which added even more variables that wouldn’t be present in Halo 2 or 3. This makes the game more chancy, and competitive players believe it was too luck-based for their liking. And of course, there’s the issue with the most controversial topic on Waypoint, the dead-horse issue that will never go away: Sprint. Since Halo 4 was the first to have this as a universal ability, it’s inevitably always going to have some backlash just for that. Beyond that, there are also some complaints about 343’s art style, particularly with their armor design (which I agree with that majority, it’s bad) but the main complaints about Halo 4 come from the veterans’ desire for a competitive game based on equal starts, which Halo 4 didn’t offer until 343 added BR slayer.
> >
> >
> > Ordinance i agree on i hate, Boltshot i also hate bolt shots (Looking at u campers) Loadouts make it so you have to be prepared for anything thats what i like and gives people more option to play with what they like for instance i personally don’t like automatic weapons like the AR i would much prefer the DMR or BR. Armour abilities i like cause it gives more options to your character, (Still wish active camo would work normally when u were walking) Perks honestly you don’t notice much like the only one i notice a lot is mobility
> > And again sprint was introduced in reach and lets think about it this way it’s kinda stupid to have super soldiers that can’t even run in armour quite stupid if you think about it. And one final thing change has to happen it happens to everything.
>
>
> 343 has made an attempt to appeal to everyone in Halo 5. They’ve brought back an equal-starts, skill based arena mode for the competitive play, and warzone with loadouts and REQ cards for power weapons for casual play. Both modes have Spartan Abilities which every player has at their disposal and they all give players more options and ways to approach in combat. But still, there are some people who are against sprint and the new abilities and want them to be removed from the game. Often, these people are accused of wanting Halo 5 to be turning into a clone of Halo 2 and/or 3.

I think what these people really want is a halo 3 anniversary, but i still find it funny cause even halo 3 had abilities to some extent.

I don’t know why so many people hate it…and most of that people play the game. I mean, I always play Halo 4 because it’s my favorite of all Halos. If there’s a lot of people that play it and they say it’s bad. Then, why do they play Halo 4 in the first place? ¬¬

> 2533274923639240;8:
> > 2533274978553590;7:
> > > 2533274923639240;6:
> > > > 2533274978553590;2:
> > > > Halo 4 is one of my most favorite Halo games, but I’ve asked others the same question and these are the results I got:
> > > >
> > > > Gameplay wise, people disliked ordinance and loadouts because they added and element of unpredictability to the game. Normally everyone has equal starts, and it would be safe to assume that the enemy has Battle Rifles and one of them may have a power weapon like the Sniper, but only if that weapon spawns on the map. With loadouts and ordinance, you can’t know for certain if they have a BR, DMR, AR, Boltshot etc. especially since they can change loadouts between spawns. Ordinance makes it even more unpredictable by adding power-weapons that would otherwise be unavailable on the map. Then there are armor abilities and perks, which added even more variables that wouldn’t be present in Halo 2 or 3. This makes the game more chancy, and competitive players believe it was too luck-based for their liking. And of course, there’s the issue with the most controversial topic on Waypoint, the dead-horse issue that will never go away: Sprint. Since Halo 4 was the first to have this as a universal ability, it’s inevitably always going to have some backlash just for that. Beyond that, there are also some complaints about 343’s art style, particularly with their armor design (which I agree with that majority, it’s bad) but the main complaints about Halo 4 come from the veterans’ desire for a competitive game based on equal starts, which Halo 4 didn’t offer until 343 added BR slayer.
> > >
> > >
> > > Ordinance i agree on i hate, Boltshot i also hate bolt shots (Looking at u campers) Loadouts make it so you have to be prepared for anything thats what i like and gives people more option to play with what they like for instance i personally don’t like automatic weapons like the AR i would much prefer the DMR or BR. Armour abilities i like cause it gives more options to your character, (Still wish active camo would work normally when u were walking) Perks honestly you don’t notice much like the only one i notice a lot is mobility
> > > And again sprint was introduced in reach and lets think about it this way it’s kinda stupid to have super soldiers that can’t even run in armour quite stupid if you think about it. And one final thing change has to happen it happens to everything.
> >
> >
> > 343 has made an attempt to appeal to everyone in Halo 5. They’ve brought back an equal-starts, skill based arena mode for the competitive play, and warzone with loadouts and REQ cards for power weapons for casual play. Both modes have Spartan Abilities which every player has at their disposal and they all give players more options and ways to approach in combat. But still, there are some people who are against sprint and the new abilities and want them to be removed from the game. Often, these people are accused of wanting Halo 5 to be turning into a clone of Halo 2 and/or 3.
>
>
> I think what these people really want is a halo 3 anniversary, but i still find it funny cause even halo 3 had abilities to some extent.

They got a Halo 2.5 (Halo 2 Anniversary) with the MCC and they’re still not happy, so I don’t think that would work.

> 2533274978553590;10:
> > 2533274923639240;8:
> > > 2533274978553590;7:
> > > > 2533274923639240;6:
> > > > > 2533274978553590;2:
> > > > > Halo 4 is one of my most favorite Halo games, but I’ve asked others the same question and these are the results I got:
> > > > >
> > > > > Gameplay wise, people disliked ordinance and loadouts because they added and element of unpredictability to the game. Normally everyone has equal starts, and it would be safe to assume that the enemy has Battle Rifles and one of them may have a power weapon like the Sniper, but only if that weapon spawns on the map. With loadouts and ordinance, you can’t know for certain if they have a BR, DMR, AR, Boltshot etc. especially since they can change loadouts between spawns. Ordinance makes it even more unpredictable by adding power-weapons that would otherwise be unavailable on the map. Then there are armor abilities and perks, which added even more variables that wouldn’t be present in Halo 2 or 3. This makes the game more chancy, and competitive players believe it was too luck-based for their liking. And of course, there’s the issue with the most controversial topic on Waypoint, the dead-horse issue that will never go away: Sprint. Since Halo 4 was the first to have this as a universal ability, it’s inevitably always going to have some backlash just for that. Beyond that, there are also some complaints about 343’s art style, particularly with their armor design (which I agree with that majority, it’s bad) but the main complaints about Halo 4 come from the veterans’ desire for a competitive game based on equal starts, which Halo 4 didn’t offer until 343 added BR slayer.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Ordinance i agree on i hate, Boltshot i also hate bolt shots (Looking at u campers) Loadouts make it so you have to be prepared for anything thats what i like and gives people more option to play with what they like for instance i personally don’t like automatic weapons like the AR i would much prefer the DMR or BR. Armour abilities i like cause it gives more options to your character, (Still wish active camo would work normally when u were walking) Perks honestly you don’t notice much like the only one i notice a lot is mobility
> > > > And again sprint was introduced in reach and lets think about it this way it’s kinda stupid to have super soldiers that can’t even run in armour quite stupid if you think about it. And one final thing change has to happen it happens to everything.
> > >
> > >
> > > 343 has made an attempt to appeal to everyone in Halo 5. They’ve brought back an equal-starts, skill based arena mode for the competitive play, and warzone with loadouts and REQ cards for power weapons for casual play. Both modes have Spartan Abilities which every player has at their disposal and they all give players more options and ways to approach in combat. But still, there are some people who are against sprint and the new abilities and want them to be removed from the game. Often, these people are accused of wanting Halo 5 to be turning into a clone of Halo 2 and/or 3.
> >
> >
> > I think what these people really want is a halo 3 anniversary, but i still find it funny cause even halo 3 had abilities to some extent.
>
>
> They got a Halo 2.5 (Halo 2 Anniversary) with the MCC and they’re still not happy, so I don’t think that would work.

But because of all the problems with MCC (Which are mostly fixed but no one bothers to play MCC anymore) thats why people aren’t as satisfied with Halo 2 or even MCC

I actually thought it was great at first… Then after about 2-3 months into it, I realized just how terrible it is.
Campaign:
-Pretty much felt like the story was forced, rather than an actual continuation of the Halo saga.
-Art direction was flawed and tacky.
-Nothing really even happened. You spend a whole 1/3 of the campaign finding a way to warn Infinity not to enter the planet (They end up doing it anyway). Then you spend the rest of the campaign doing random stuff that makes little difference to anything. And the ending was terrible. The fight with the Didact was horrible scripting. I remember back in other Halo games when bosses felt like bosses. And the way Cortana magically helps you out at the end makes little to no sense. Just terrible. And in the end, the didact didn’t even die. Making the entire campaign pointless to begin with.
-Enemies were annoying and predictable. They didn’t feel like a challenge nor were they fun to kill. Just felt more like a chore.
Step 1: Shoot the knights before they give birth to a watcher.
Step 2: Kill the watchers before they summon crawlers.
Step 3: Kill crawlers.
Step 4: Repeat process.

Matchmaking:
-Rank system focused on player stats rather than team stats. Meaning no one cares if they won a game. They’ll betray you if you have a weapon they want, and just focus on getting as many kills as they possibly can, rather than winning the match. Even on objective type games. Much like Call of Duty in the sense that it doesn’t matter if you win, just that you got points in the game.
-Loadouts. Not only loadouts, but uneven loadouts.
-You have to Unlock the ability to… Unlock armor. Really bad system in itself. I’d get a notification saying I “unlocked armor”, only to find out that it’s just that I can now see that I can unlock it. And it didn’t even notify me when I actual DID unlock a piece of armor. I’d just get surprised when I went to customize my spartan.
-Lobby design. I felt like I was playing a card game. You couldn’t see all the players at once; you had to scroll and scroll. You couldn’t look at the maps once after you voted, so who knows which map is winning the vote? (BTW the voting system is crap.) Absolute ridiculous design.
-Ordinance. Enough said.
-Flood replaced infection. It’s like 343 completely missed the point of infection in the first place. I don’t want to feel immersed as the flood; it’s supposed to have a fun player vs. player feel. Which flood took away. And the whole inclusion of flood having thrusters and shields made the whole playlist unbalanced. The maps they created (Or forged, really.) for flood were terrible. Each one was like a freaking maze. If you like flood, cool. But it’s completely different from infection. Shouldn’t have replaced it.
-Map designs. There were literally about 2-3 maps that had actual decent design. Nonetheless, most of them were unbalanced and bad. Most of the scenery was pretty much the same for most maps, as well. Which got boring real fast.

And last but not least: Forge. It was a major downgrade from reach. Not even gonna dive into that. It explains itself.
There are other little quirks in the overall game itself, but as you can see, it has major disappointments.

I hate the challenges of extracion and Domain because you can only play goal team . Extraction and Domino should put on the list of games Matchmaking.

> 2533274923639240;1:
> Can anyone give me a actual reason why you think Halo 4 is bad?
> Like besides Ordnance i absolutely love the game it’s one of the only reasons i come back to 360.

I sincerly don’t have a single idea why are they hating this game, it is awesome! Even the ordnance thing, why is that considered a bad feature? It is quite cool if you ask me.

> 2535453464044488;9:
> I don’t know why so many people hate it…and most of that people play the game. I mean, I always play Halo 4 because it’s my favorite of all Halos. If there’s a lot of people that play it and they say it’s bad. Then, why do they play Halo 4 in the first place? ¬¬

Maybe they just hate it because it makes them feel like they’re some sort of “special snowflake”. Hipsters, mean hipsters.

> 2535422776902063;14:
> > 2533274923639240;1:
> > Can anyone give me a actual reason why you think Halo 4 is bad?
> > Like besides Ordnance i absolutely love the game it’s one of the only reasons i come back to 360.
>
>
> I sincerly don’t have a single idea why are they hating this game, it is awesome! Even the ordnance thing, why is that considered a bad feature? It is quite cool if you ask me.

Personally i hate ordinance because it gives power weapons and power ups too people way too easily.

> 2533274923639240;16:
> > 2535422776902063;14:
> > > 2533274923639240;1:
> > > Can anyone give me a actual reason why you think Halo 4 is bad?
> > > Like besides Ordnance i absolutely love the game it’s one of the only reasons i come back to 360.
> >
> >
> > I sincerly don’t have a single idea why are they hating this game, it is awesome! Even the ordnance thing, why is that considered a bad feature? It is quite cool if you ask me.
>
>
> Personally i hate ordinance because it gives power weapons and power ups too people way too easily.

What is the bad thing in that, you too can get ordnance, unless you’re a bad player. It just makes the match more explosive.

> 2535422776902063;17:
> > 2533274923639240;16:
> > > 2535422776902063;14:
> > > > 2533274923639240;1:
> > > > Can anyone give me a actual reason why you think Halo 4 is bad?
> > > > Like besides Ordnance i absolutely love the game it’s one of the only reasons i come back to 360.
> > >
> > >
> > > I sincerly don’t have a single idea why are they hating this game, it is awesome! Even the ordnance thing, why is that considered a bad feature? It is quite cool if you ask me.
> >
> >
> > Personally i hate ordinance because it gives power weapons and power ups too people way too easily.
>
>
> What is the bad thing in that, you too can get ordnance, unless you’re a bad player. It just makes the match more explosive.

But even then ordinance is random so you could get a really bad ordinance and then someone gets a really good ordinance.