Halo 4 has gone GOLD

Halo 4 has gone GOLD

> Development of Halo 4 is complete with the game now in certification, franchise development director Frank O’Connor told an audience at this morning’s Halo 4 press event taking place at the London Film Museum in Covent Garden.
>
> “We had a big piece of news yesterday back in the office, which is that the game is literally finished at this point,” said O’Connor. "They are handing it off through the various certification processes and that, and we’re done.
>
> “It’s been three years of incredibly hard work by about 300 people.”
>
> With the game now in certification it’s only a matter of time until the gold disc is sent to manufacturing to begin printing the millions of copies which will flood stores worldwide this holiday season.
>
> Halo 4 will be released November 6 only on Xbox 360.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/halo_4/news/halo_4_development_is_complete.html

EDIT: For those who don’t know what going gold means, it means the game is finished completely on the developers side of things and it is all up to Microsoft for certification.

Best piece of news I’ve heard all month!

Cheers 343! 3 years of hard, manual, sweaty labor have completely paid off! Only 40 more days!

THANK GOODNESS 40 more days and then im golden.
I havent been this excited since i got married. and im not even married.
PARADOX of excitement

Damn, beat me to make this topic.
Anyways, hurra for 343! We thank you for all your hard time and effort you put into this game! Good to hear you’ve got this done, now there’s the long road ahead for Halo 5 and 6.

I can see now were going to get allot more information coming for halo 4 in the coming weeks, I don’t know If I can take the Excitement!

I hope I get to play a finished build at the Eurogamer Expo tomorrow. :smiley:

we must live the smell of gold

Hooray!

GOOOLD HEHEHEHE I FOUND GOLD

Huh, they finished on the anniversary of Halo 3. Awesome.

Congrats! Now 343i will work on DLC and other great goodies for us! :smiley:

This has made me a very happy man.

Hopefully this will be the end of all the weapon and vehicle request threads as well.

I hope this curbs the requests for additions and changes. Doubtful, but a man can dream.

> I hope this curbs the requests for additions and changes. Doubtful, but a man can dream.

Nah, don’t worry, you’ve still got some work to do :wink:

It’s gold baby, solid GOLD
… Hey that means 343i isn’t super busy anymore (relatively speaking) and they can hop back into the mix :wink:

And so Halo 4 was brought before the certification committee

Good stuff, now I wonder how long it’ll be before it’s available to download before the release. Halo 3 and Reach were both available for a whole month beforehand after all. xD

Now they can work hard on that release day patch that literally every recent game seems to require.

It is weird to think there is probably a team already working on H5, too.

YESSSS!!! YESSSS!!!

Moa, the bringer of good news!
Finally the day has come.