Halo 4 has 3 sniper rifles?

Why? How would they make them different but balanced?

Beam Rifle will probably shoot the fastest but have the least power, Sniper Rifle will be the middle ground, and the Binary Rifle is the most powerful but slowest to fire and least amount of total shots (it only has two rounds in the clip). At least that’s my guess. We really don’t know enough at this point.

I know of the regular sniper and the beam rifle but what’s the third one?

I’m sure they will all be pretty much the same. Such as the Beam rifle didn’t have to reload but you couldn’t get more ammo and the sniper rifle let you shoot 4 rounds then reload and you could pick up more ammo and it wouldn’t overheat

It’s not that much different than how other games had the regular sniper and the beam rifle.

The regular sniper will work like a normal sniper(decent clip, medium power), the beam rifle will most likely be similar to how it was in H3(operated off plasma and doesn’t reload, shoots fast but isn’t super powerful), and i’m not too sure how the binary rifle will be though it seems like it will be more powerful but possibly a lot slower.

Nothing wrong with having more of a weapon variety. Gives options for all different play styles.

Apparently the Binary Rifle (Promethean Sniper) is a one shot kill anywhere on the body, yet it’s clip is very limited.

Yes.

Beam Rifle: Covenant, doesn’t have to reload, but can over heat, less noise, fires faster I believe. Kills with two body shots, one headshot.

Sniper Rifle: UNSC, four shot clip, makes large noise. Is consistent. Kills with two body shots, one headshot.

Binary Rifle: Forerunner/Promethean, two shot clip, one shot kill. Don’t know anything else besides that.

> I know of the regular sniper and the beam rifle but what’s the third one?
>
> I’m sure they will all be pretty much the same. Such as the Beam rifle didn’t have to reload but you couldn’t get more ammo and the sniper rifle let you shoot 4 rounds then reload and you could pick up more ammo and it wouldn’t overheat

Binary Rifle is the Promethean sniper, it has two rounds per “clip” and seems to kill in one shot. There’s a really crappy video of it somewhere around here. It also had a huge reticule with no center dot when zoomed out, or at least not that I could see (but again the video was really crappy quality, so there may be one).

Sniper Rifle 4 shots, can shoot fast, but it has to reload after those 4 shots, or before if you manually load, point is, it has a reload.

Beam rifle has a certain amount of charge, it can shoot fast, but only 2 shots in quick succession, if you do shoot 2 shots quickly, the gun will overheat. If you shoot at a slower pace you won’t have to stop shooting. You could have a constant rate of fire.

The promethean, I have no idea how it will work. Perhaps lower ammo, 1 bullet in the chamber, instant kill? :confused: I don’t know, probably not, that would be over powered.

I’m going to flip a -Yoink- if the Binary rifle is a one shot kill.

> I’m going to flip a -Yoink!- if the Binary rifle is a one shot kill.

Well, it is.

I hope it is. Just for the lulz.

Weird that the Focus Rifle didn’t make it into H4 considering that the Sniper and Binary Rifle are the regular big-hit style snipers. Focus Rifle would have been a nice bit of variety in there.

Because it’s…fun?

Prepare for a -Yoink!- to be flipped guys.

Commencing -Yoink- flipping…

Beam Rifle: Exactly like the old one as far as I can tell.
Sniper Rifle: Exactly like the old one as far as I can tell.
Binary Rifle: Double the damage of the Sniper, half the bullets of the Sniper.

Seems balanced to me.

> Beam Rifle: Exactly like the old one as far as I can tell.
> Sniper Rifle: Exactly like the old one as far as I can tell.
> Binary Rifle: Double the damage of the Sniper, half the bullets of the Sniper.
>
> Seems balanced to me.

depends on accuracy, reload time, and fire rate

but other than that I think it makes sense that advanced being could make a 1-shot sniper rifle… just saying

> > Beam Rifle: Exactly like the old one as far as I can tell.
> > Sniper Rifle: Exactly like the old one as far as I can tell.
> > Binary Rifle: Double the damage of the Sniper, half the bullets of the Sniper.
> >
> > Seems balanced to me.
>
> depends on accuracy, reload time, and fire rate
>
>
> but other than that I think it makes sense that advanced being could make a -shot sniper rifle… just saying

And yet they haven’t quite mastered the creation of a clip for a shotgun (nah just kidding…sorta).

Because its lame when a decent sniper has to fight over the rifle with people who want to waste its ammo. Let more people use a sniping weapon and see the skill gap increase.
Healthy competition created.

Seem All Good in Da Hood!

I’m Stoked for Halo 4!!!

64 days left!!!