Halo 4 > Halo 5 [Campaign] [Spoiler]

#Rant-Begin… … mainly because Halo 5 has no story, it is the most generic campaign out of all the Halo’s. Its fun of course, but the story was a huge let down. Like come on, Halo 4 ended on a big cliff hangar with Chief struggling with his emotions… and what we go into Halo 5, have him for 3 missions, inwhich we see nothing of chiefs personality (A little, but nothing compared to Halo 4).

It kind of feels that 343 had something huge in the making, then at the last minute changed it all and rushed out the campaign. Hunt the truth plays no part whatsoever in the campaign, adding in Fireteam was a big mistake. Lock was better as an enemy wayy back in the original trailers. His character was mysterious and intimidating, but we found out theres absolutely nothing about him, he has no story really and just seems the most fake character out of everyone.

Sarah Palmer improved alot i must say, but cortana… that was the most filler story ive ever seen. Robots taking over the world has been done soo many times before, promeathians were boring in Halo 4 why return them? You ruined a perfectly good character death, when a character dies they should stay dead, not turn into the main antagonist.

Halo 5 was a step backwards, they focused too much on the design not the story. 15 levels, 3 or 4 of them are non shooting missions that last 5 minutes.

It was the biggest false advertising halo. And Halo 4 was better IMO (Campaign)

(Halo 1 > than all tho aha)

#Rant-Over

Halo 1 had no story.
That was the generic aliens are bad you are the last hope type game.

Halo 5 just tied a lot of its story into external lore sources. 343i do the opposite of what Bungie did/does

Where Bungie just say screw it 343i are making an actual universe.
I wish Chief was in the story more. But 5 was nothing more than a buildup to 6. Was it my favorite campaign? No. Was it bad? No again.

> 2576836393959214;2:
> Halo 1 had no story.
> That was the generic aliens are bad you are the last hope type game.
>
> Halo 5 just tied a lot of its story into external lore sources. 343i do the opposite of what Bungie did/does
>
> Where Bungie just say screw it 343i are making an actual universe.
> I wish Chief was in the story more. But 5 was nothing more than a buildup to 6. Was it my favorite campaign? No. Was it bad? No again.

Halo 1 had an amazing story? well maybe more the gameplay and design, but like… it had so much mystery in it, and such a wow factor to it everything i saw. Its my favourite campaign.

Even the external lore sources… that doesnt make up for the crap of a campaign it was. Osirus had no story, chief had no story, it was just constant action. With generic stuff with cortana

For me the main problem of H5 campaing that it’s not emotional, but Halo’s campaings not ending on stoty, there is the second side of coin - gameplay. H5 gameplay beat H4 in every aspect.

> 2576836393959214;2:
> Halo 1 had no story.
>
> Halo 5 just tied a lot of its story into external lore sources. 343i do the opposite of what Bungie did/does
>
> I wish Chief was in the story more. But 5 was nothing more than a buildup to 6. Was it my favorite campaign? No. Was it bad? No again.

You can’t be serious man. Halo 5 story is, by far, the worst of the series. We have wasted another Halo game looking for Cortana, yeah, another time. Halo 3, finish the fight (and find Cortana)
Halo 4, face the Didact (and save Cortana)
Halo 5…(find Cortana)
Isn’t a generic story? There is no clear base of the story in this game, I’m still confused about it and trying to find its meaning
Where is the “Best Hunting of Gaming History” ? Two missions in Meridian?
Do you know what Halo 4 had ? A good villain.
Halo 4 had much better story imo.

By the way non shooting missions was a good idea. Maybe 343i shouldn’t make them as missions, but i like the idea. Halo allways gives you the shooting and time to walk, “explore” and relax so that missions was on the right place.

> 2533274965958619;1:
> (Halo 1 > than all tho aha)

Truest thing ever said on these forums.

> 2576836393959214;2:
> Halo 1 had no story.
>
>

Are you kidding? Have you played Halo CE? The first half of the game, you’re obviously fighting a war against aliens, but then halfway through, the mystery of the flood appears, and changes the whole dynamic of the campaign. It was freaking amazing. It was definitely not a generic story by any means.

some guy calls halo 1 generic yet halo 5 litterly pulls the most generic thing in a Sci fi peice of fiction… ai rebellion…

if i want a story of AI rebellion i’ll watch terminator.

> 2533274908972156;6:
> By the way non shooting missions was a good idea. Maybe 343i shouldn’t make them as missions, but i like the idea. Halo allways gives you the shooting and time to walk, “explore” and relax so that missions was on the right place.

I actually really liked those as well. I’m a big fan of the books and these missions to me felt very much like the books. Especially Meridian. The whole atmosphere of the place was pretty cool.

I thought the Arbiter’s camp was very charming and the Grunts and Elites there were lively and full of personality. So many little subtle things going on. The Grunts relaying messages between Halsey and the Elites; I followed them and listened to every one. The Grunt ranting on about … well, here’s a clip I made.

And not to mention, it’s yoinking gorgeous! Check out these screenshots HERE & HERE.

Still could have used more Chief missions, though.

reemeber when 343i reassured us that Master Chief was and always will be the main character after we were told Locke was the main charcter, i think Mike Colter was actually being honest with us but 343i didn’t want to upset the fans too early so they made what is essentially a lie up until we found out that Locke has more missions than Chief… Good job 343i, you really convinced us that Chief was the main character over Locke.

Halo 1’s perk is that it had an entire universe to build from a campaign that was more or less designed as a one-off. On it’s own, it doesn’t really stand that far off from everyday SciFi story, but the lore that was born from this game made it a lot more valuable than it actually is.

Halo 5’s perk is that it had a new angle to take on the franchise with many of the iconic marks of the story gone from the picture (Sgt. Johnson, Cortana, Guilty Spark, you know, the more relevant than most) along with the newly inserted lore that didn’t cover the new additions to Halo 5. Of course, one of said characters’ status quo was ignored for Halo 5, and instead of building a new chapter of Chief’s story, they just kept him the same blank slate that he was in the original trilogy instead of the slightly more personified Chief from Halo 4, which is honestly a huge waste in my opinion (Giving him an exclusive variant of Mk VI is not enough to differentiate him from other Spartans using the same armor model. There was a hinted premise of giving him a character in past media, but that was abandoned for Halo 5 gameplay over story). Along with wasting time on the Campaign moving around in cities with half-baked story progressive objectives and fighting waves of enemies for no apparent reason, instead of taking more time developing Team Osiris and Blue Team respectively in their own sections, which had more than enough room to provide context of the characters more than a 10 second quip session.

It’s all wasted potential because of the shifted priority, and now we’re left with a game that plays well, but is not going to be memorable. Whoope-de-Yoinkin-do.

> 2576836393959214;2:
> Halo 1 had no story.
>
>

^ thank you, kind human
appreciate the work 343i does

> 2533274883669557;11:
> > 2533274908972156;6:
> > By the way non shooting missions was a good idea. Maybe 343i shouldn’t make them as missions, but i like the idea. Halo allways gives you the shooting and time to walk, “explore” and relax so that missions was on the right place.
>
>
> I actually really liked those as well. I’m a big fan of the books and these missions to me felt very much like the books. Especially Meridian. The whole atmosphere of the place was pretty cool.
>
> I thought the Arbiter’s camp was very charming and the Grunts and Elites there were lively and full of personality. So many little subtle things going on. The Grunts relaying messages between Halsey and the Elites; I followed them and listened to every one. The Grunt ranting on about … well, here’s a clip I made.
>
> And not to mention, it’s yoinking gorgeous! Check out these screenshots HERE & HERE.
>
> Still could have used more Chief missions, though.

In Arbiter’s camp i thought that i want something bigger than fps game, maybe rpg or something else)) So i understand you so much man)

Halo 5’s story was -Yoinking!- awful, and the biggest disappointment in the entire series. Sure, the level design is cool and fun to play, except that there is no good vehicle missions. Halo 4’s story takes a dump on the derpfest Brian Reed gave us. I initially really like what 343 was doing by trying to tie in the EU into the main games instead of ignoring it like Bungie did. The problem now is with their current team of lazy writers, they rely to heavily on the EU to do all of the story telling and character development, which is beyond stupid. They should just scrap their current writers and bring back some series veterans like Joseph Staten or Eric Nylund, or at least someone more qualified and more respectful of the franchise then the current team. I’ve also been proposing that 343 either remake or significantly expand upon Halo 5’s story before moving on, because I honestly don’t want a sequel to this steamy pile of -Yoink-. Anyone else with me? If so please spread the idea around, if enough people demand it 343 will at least have to respond.
Also Halo CE has the best story? Um… no, wrong answer. Halo 2>Halo 3>Halo 4>Halo ODST>Halo CE>Halo Wars>Halo Reach>Halo 5. There, the games in their proper order of quality in terms of story.

> 2533274908972156;4:
> For me the main problem of H5 campaing that it’s not emotional, but Halo’s campaings not ending on stoty, there is the second side of coin - gameplay. H5 gameplay beat H4 in every aspect.

Spot on, Halo 5 gameplay much funner, but the story was a huge letdown. And yes no emotion. “Darkest Halo Yet!” - A lie

> 2533274908972156;6:
> By the way non shooting missions was a good idea. Maybe 343i shouldn’t make them as missions, but i like the idea. Halo allways gives you the shooting and time to walk, “explore” and relax so that missions was on the right place.

I agree, it annoyed me because they were included in the level count. Making out that the campaign was massive. But the missions themselves was kinda nice just going arround.

> 2533274899577089;16:
> Halo 5’s story was -Yoinking!- awful, and the biggest disappointment in the entire series. Sure, the level design is cool and fun to play, except that there is no good vehicle missions. Halo 4’s story takes a dump on the derpfest Brian Reed gave us. I initially really like what 343 was doing by trying to tie in the EU into the main games instead of ignoring it like Bungie did. The problem now is with their current team of lazy writers, they rely to heavily on the EU to do all of the story telling and character development, which is beyond stupid. They should just scrap their current writers and bring back some series veterans like Joseph Staten or Eric Nylund, or at least someone more qualified and more respectful of the franchise then the current team. I’ve also been proposing that 343 either remake or significantly expand upon Halo 5’s story before moving on, because I honestly don’t want a sequel to this steamy pile of -Yoink-. Anyone else with me? If so please spread the idea around, if enough people demand it 343 will at least have to respond.
> Also Halo CE has the best story? Um… no, wrong answer. Halo 2>Halo 3>Halo 4>Halo ODST>Halo CE>Halo Wars>Halo Reach>Halo 5. There, the games in their proper order of quality in terms of story.

Yeah i should of said overall i find halo 1 better, i grew up with Halo 1, so i have a major soft spot for it. :slight_smile:

I believe everything about halo 4 was better.