Halo 4 grunts: You can't be serious

So, I just looked at a picture of a Halo 4 grunt, and I felt like slamming my face off my iPad

What IS this thing you call a grunt? It isn’t. It doesn’t even look like one. It looks like some little monster gremlin wierd thing you would see in a Gears of War trailer, not Halo.

It looks limited and I refuse to call it a grunt. Why even attempt to make it look so serious? Grunts are supposed to be the somewhat lovable creatures in Halo, even if they are the bad guys. In Halo CE and Halo 2, the grunts make you laugh. And their appearance went with it, they actually looked cool, and even cute and cuddly. Even if this monstrosity in Halo 4 makes similar remarks, I am not going to laugh and I won’t feel sympathy for it because it looks like a limited ugly little troll.

In Halo 2, I felt sympathy for the grunts when they were victimised by the brutes. If I saw these little weird ugly things getting killed I would laugh

I am rapidly losing my faith in you 343. Your pathetic handling of the Reach TU, combined with all the COD stuff being incorporated into Halo 4 multiplayer, and rumours that elites will be returning as enemies and be absent from matchmaking, and now this. Get your act together or you will lose a lot of fans

And please, if you can, change the grunt models

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I like trains.

> I like trains.

That’s nice

I thought they looked kind of awesome…

I had problems when I fist saw them but when I read that the possibility of them being a rogue faction it started to make sense.

If you have gone rogue you don’t want to look the same as the people you are fighting against.

> So, I just looked at a picture of a Halo 4 grunt, and I felt like slamming my face off my iPad
>
> What IS this thing you call a grunt? It isn’t. It doesn’t even look like one. It looks like some little monster gremlin wierd thing you would see in a Gears of War trailer, not Halo.
>
> It looks limited and I refuse to call it a grunt. Why even attempt to make it look so serious? Grunts are supposed to be the somewhat lovable creatures in Halo, even if they are the bad guys. In Halo CE and Halo 2, the grunts make you laugh. And their appearance went with it, they actually looked cool, and even cute and cuddly. Even if this monstrosity in Halo 4 makes similar remarks, I am not going to laugh and I won’t feel sympathy for it because it looks like a limited ugly little troll.
>
> In Halo 2, I felt sympathy for the grunts when they were victimised by the brutes. If I saw these little weird ugly things getting killed I would laugh
>
> I am rapidly losing my faith in you 343. Your pathetic handling of the Reach TU, combined with all the COD stuff being incorporated into Halo 4 multiplayer, and rumours that elites will be returning as enemies and be absent from matchmaking, and now this. Get your act together or you will lose a lot of fans
>
> And please, if you can, change the grunt models

zdddsahofisuiap You could have just taken this to the other grunt thread.

> I thought they looked kind of awesome…

But they look like little ugly monsters that belong in some other game. They may look cool in some other game or whatever but this is Halo, where the same grunt design has been with us for 10 years. The grunts that people love are the grunts from Bungies games, not this pathetic thing

Grow up,what are you in like 6th grade?,if anythings pathetic its the fact that your whining over a game.
First:It looks like its obviously a DIFFERENT SPECIES of grunt so stop crying
Second:CoD in multiplayer,HAVE YOU EVEN PLAYED IT OR KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT,Obviously not because 343i has stated that its nothing like CoD and all of the rumors about spawning with super weapons are fake.You can only spawn with certin weapons depending on the map,still no super weapons.
Third:Multiplayer takes place on the UNSC infinity why the hell would you be able to play as an elite
Fourth:Yes the Covanent are returning as enemeys including the Elites.Not all elites are best buddies with Humans.
Now stop your whining,no one cares if your not going to buy it,they’re still going to get millions of sales,and many old and new fans.

> > I thought they looked kind of awesome…
>
> But they look like little ugly monsters that belong in some other game. They may look cool in some other game or whatever but this is Halo, where the same grunt design has been with us for 10 years. The grunts that people love are the grunts from Bungies games, not this pathetic thing

Did you play reach?

> > So, I just looked at a picture of a Halo 4 grunt, and I felt like slamming my face off my iPad
> >
> > What IS this thing you call a grunt? It isn’t. It doesn’t even look like one. It looks like some little monster gremlin wierd thing you would see in a Gears of War trailer, not Halo.
> >
> > It looks limited and I refuse to call it a grunt. Why even attempt to make it look so serious? Grunts are supposed to be the somewhat lovable creatures in Halo, even if they are the bad guys. In Halo CE and Halo 2, the grunts make you laugh. And their appearance went with it, they actually looked cool, and even cute and cuddly. Even if this monstrosity in Halo 4 makes similar remarks, I am not going to laugh and I won’t feel sympathy for it because it looks like a limited ugly little troll.
> >
> > In Halo 2, I felt sympathy for the grunts when they were victimised by the brutes. If I saw these little weird ugly things getting killed I would laugh
> >
> > I am rapidly losing my faith in you 343. Your pathetic handling of the Reach TU, combined with all the COD stuff being incorporated into Halo 4 multiplayer, and rumours that elites will be returning as enemies and be absent from matchmaking, and now this. Get your act together or you will lose a lot of fans
> >
> > And please, if you can, change the grunt models
>
> zdddsahofisuiap You could have just taken this to the other grunt thread.

I apologise, I never saw that one

> Grow up,what are you in like 6th grade?,if anythings pathetic its the fact that your whining over a game.
> First:It looks like its obviously a DIFFERENT SPECIES of grunt so stop crying
> Second:CoD in multiplayer,HAVE YOU EVEN PLAYED IT OR KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT,Obviously not because 343i has stated that its nothing like CoD and all of the rumors about spawning with super weapons are fake.You can only spawn with certin weapons depending on the map,still no super weapons.
> Third:Multiplayer takes place on the UNSC infinity why the hell would you be able to play as an elite
> Fourth:Yes the Covanent are returning as enemeys including the Elites.Not all elites are best buddies with Humans.
> Now stop your whining,no one cares if your not going to buy it,they’re still going to get millions of sales,and many old and new fans.

How can there be a different species? All grunts are unggoy though

Let me get this straight: You’re complaining about losing your faith in 343i because they changed the appearance of the Grunts?!?!?!? Wow, you need to get angermanagement because this is just insane -.- YOU try to make a Game and satisfy EVERYONE! It’s impossible. You complaining about such a stupid little thing is making it VERY hard for Game Studio’s to create loveable Games! The Covenant isn’t even gonna be the most important enemy in Halo 4, so why complain? Please wait and see how the Game turns out before you start judging it on such a little thing!

> > > I thought they looked kind of awesome…
> >
> > But they look like little ugly monsters that belong in some other game. They may look cool in some other game or whatever but this is Halo, where the same grunt design has been with us for 10 years. The grunts that people love are the grunts from Bungies games, not this pathetic thing
>
> Did you play reach?

They didn’t change that much though. If was more their mask than anything else that changed

> > Grow up,what are you in like 6th grade?,if anythings pathetic its the fact that your whining over a game.
> > First:It looks like its obviously a DIFFERENT SPECIES of grunt so stop crying
> > Second:CoD in multiplayer,HAVE YOU EVEN PLAYED IT OR KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT,Obviously not because 343i has stated that its nothing like CoD and all of the rumors about spawning with super weapons are fake.You can only spawn with certin weapons depending on the map,still no super weapons.
> > Third:Multiplayer takes place on the UNSC infinity why the hell would you be able to play as an elite
> > Fourth:Yes the Covanent are returning as enemeys including the Elites.Not all elites are best buddies with Humans.
> > Now stop your whining,no one cares if your not going to buy it,they’re still going to get millions of sales,and many old and new fans.
>
> How can there be a different species? All grunts are unggoy though

All grunts are unggoy but not all unggoy are grunts

C WUT I DID THAR

They look fine to me.

> I like trains.

I like turtles…

…which is what the new grunts remind me of.

> > > Grow up,what are you in like 6th grade?,if anythings pathetic its the fact that your whining over a game.
> > > First:It looks like its obviously a DIFFERENT SPECIES of grunt so stop crying
> > > Second:CoD in multiplayer,HAVE YOU EVEN PLAYED IT OR KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT,Obviously not because 343i has stated that its nothing like CoD and all of the rumors about spawning with super weapons are fake.You can only spawn with certin weapons depending on the map,still no super weapons.
> > > Third:Multiplayer takes place on the UNSC infinity why the hell would you be able to play as an elite
> > > Fourth:Yes the Covanent are returning as enemeys including the Elites.Not all elites are best buddies with Humans.
> > > Now stop your whining,no one cares if your not going to buy it,they’re still going to get millions of sales,and many old and new fans.
> >
> > How can there be a different species? All grunts are unggoy though
>
> All grunts are unggoy but not all unggoy are grunts
>
>
> C WUT I DID THAR

Ha ha ha

> So, I just looked at a picture of a Halo 4 grunt, and I felt like slamming my face off my iPad
>
> What IS this thing you call a grunt? It isn’t. It doesn’t even look like one. It looks like some little monster gremlin wierd thing you would see in a Gears of War trailer, not Halo.
>
> It looks limited and I refuse to call it a grunt. Why even attempt to make it look so serious? Grunts are supposed to be the somewhat lovable creatures in Halo, even if they are the bad guys. In Halo CE and Halo 2, the grunts make you laugh. And their appearance went with it, they actually looked cool, and even cute and cuddly. Even if this monstrosity in Halo 4 makes similar remarks, I am not going to laugh and I won’t feel sympathy for it because it looks like a limited ugly little troll.
>
> In Halo 2, I felt sympathy for the grunts when they were victimised by the brutes. If I saw these little weird ugly things getting killed I would laugh
>
> I am rapidly losing my faith in you 343. Your pathetic handling of the Reach TU, combined with all the COD stuff being incorporated into Halo 4 multiplayer, and rumours that elites will be returning as enemies and be absent from matchmaking, and now this. Get your act together or you will lose a lot of fans
>
> And please, if you can, change the grunt models

Im completely with you on this one. They look terrible. Hopefully its just a placeholder and not the real thing.

> Let me get this straight: You’re complaining about losing your faith in 343i because they changed the appearance of the Grunts?!?!?!? Wow, you need to get angermanagement because this is just insane -.- YOU try to make a Game and satisfy EVERYONE! It’s impossible. You complaining about such a stupid little thing is making it VERY hard for Game Studio’s to create loveable Games! The Covenant isn’t even gonna be the most important enemy in Halo 4, so why complain? Please wait and see how the Game turns out before you start judging it on such a little thing!

There was no need to change it, especially for the worst.

And I didn’t say I was losing my faith just over grunts, but also over their pathetic handling of he Reach TU, and making the multiplayer similar to COD

> > So, I just looked at a picture of a Halo 4 grunt, and I felt like slamming my face off my iPad
> >
> > What IS this thing you call a grunt? It isn’t. It doesn’t even look like one. It looks like some little monster gremlin wierd thing you would see in a Gears of War trailer, not Halo.
> >
> > It looks limited and I refuse to call it a grunt. Why even attempt to make it look so serious? Grunts are supposed to be the somewhat lovable creatures in Halo, even if they are the bad guys. In Halo CE and Halo 2, the grunts make you laugh. And their appearance went with it, they actually looked cool, and even cute and cuddly. Even if this monstrosity in Halo 4 makes similar remarks, I am not going to laugh and I won’t feel sympathy for it because it looks like a limited ugly little troll.
> >
> > In Halo 2, I felt sympathy for the grunts when they were victimised by the brutes. If I saw these little weird ugly things getting killed I would laugh
> >
> > I am rapidly losing my faith in you 343. Your pathetic handling of the Reach TU, combined with all the COD stuff being incorporated into Halo 4 multiplayer, and rumours that elites will be returning as enemies and be absent from matchmaking, and now this. Get your act together or you will lose a lot of fans
> >
> > And please, if you can, change the grunt models
>
> Im completely with you on this one. They look terrible. Hopefully its just a placeholder and not the real thing.

At first I thought it was just a hoax. I still hope it is