Halo 4 Gravity Hammer seems weak

Footage of Halo 4’s Gravity Hammer: Here

I don’t mean to complain, But I just want to give my oppinion on the Gravity Hammer.

The Look

The graphics of the Hammer look almost exactly the same as the Reach model, I was hoping it would look better (More textures, more detail).

The Sound

The sound effect it makes is rather weak, The Gravity Hammer is supposed to feel like a heavy powerful weapon, but the sound it makes when it hits the ground sounds no stronger than a baseball bat.

The Power

In Halo 3, when enemies were hit by the hammer, they would be sent flying through the air from the force of the mighty hammer. In Halo: Reach, Enimies wouldn’t fly as far, but they still flew and the Hammer felt powerful. In Halo 4, When an enemy is wacked with the hammer they don’t go flying, their feet don’t even leave the ground, they simply fall down and die, as if wacked on the head with a stick. The gravity hammer is supposed to feel like a colosal powerful weapon, but from the looks of it, in Halo 4 it’s going to feel very, very weak.

Yeah, i noticed it looking and sounding weak too. I hope that the sound was just dulled for the presentation, but that probably isnt the case :\

Yeah, it’s different.

But I’m guessing I’ll get used to it eventually. Or maybe it’s not in its final build?

I thought I was the only one. People were amazed when they heard it in the audience. But it sounded terrible. I’m sure they just dulled it for the presentation. I can’t wait to play basketball with hammers, I mean griffball when Halo 4 comes out :slight_smile:

Edit: Also they sure know how to take the fun out of griffball. The death animation and the physics were horrible. When I get hit with a gravity hammer, I want my body to be sent flying. Not fall limp to the ground before my enemy. I hope they change that for the final iteration of the game.

I’m willing to see more gameplay with it.

What ‘yall talkin’ 'bout? When he got smashed at 1:15, that wasn’t just “falling down dead”, that was a face-smashing curb-stomp. The sound might seem a bit weird, but calling the weapon “weak” is utterly wrong.

Also, look at 3:10. That guy went sailing. It’s probably just the angle of where you hit.

Players in Halo 4 only get the Over-Powered variant of the Brute Hammer once they attain the highest available Milestone in Halo Waypoint.

> Players in Halo 4 only get the Over-Powered variant of the Brute Hammer once they attain the highest available Milestone in Halo Waypoint.

Really? Can I see a source? :slight_smile:

> What ‘yall talkin’ 'bout? When he got smashed at 1:15, that wasn’t just “falling down dead”, that was a face-smashing curb-stomp. The sound might seem a bit weird, but calling the weapon “weak” is utterly wrong.
>
> Also, look at 3:10. That guy went sailing. It’s probably just the angle of where you hit.

Well… it’s a helluva lot weaker than it was in Halo: Reach :confused:

> > Players in Halo 4 only get the Over-Powered variant of the Brute Hammer once they attain the highest available Milestone in Halo Waypoint.
>
> Really? Can I see a source? :slight_smile:

Sure, here it is!

> Yeah, it’s different.
>
> But I’m guessing I’ll get used to it eventually. Or maybe it’s not in its final build?

if it’s not final build then 343i is cutting it close.

Probably the audio quality is lacking since its filmed live. But I’ll definitely be playing more grifball now it looks sweet.

The Look: Is improved, i could see differences as i was paying attention, however the video quality wasnt the best so you never know what it actually looks like.

The Sound: Remember the Battle Rifle when it was first revealed? How everyone thought it sounded like it had a silencer? The sound may have been dulled down, but the sound quality on the video wasnt the best either, so again we dont know the real sound. We have a general idea of it which does sound a bit weak, but at least they are revamping it.

The gameplay: From just a little bit of gameplay we cannot confirm just how powerful it is, especially as the players werent hitting each other square on or close up or anything.

I trust it to be good.

> > Players in Halo 4 only get the Over-Powered variant of the Brute Hammer once they attain the highest available Milestone in Halo Waypoint.
>
> Really? Can I see a source? :slight_smile:

Its bull, that wasnt even talked about let alone confirmed.

That’s what the hammer sounds like when playing the game for real.

It felt pretty powerful to me, but it certainly doesn’t have the giant shock waves in all directions like Halo 3. It felt a lot like Reach’s hammer to me.

Of course, everyone’s impressions of the hammer may be colored by the fact that I suck at Grifball, even in Halo 4. :stuck_out_tongue:

> The Look: Is improved, i could see differences as i was paying attention, however the video quality wasnt the best so you never know what it actually looks like.
>
> The Sound: Remember the Battle Rifle when it was first revealed? How everyone thought it sounded like it had a silencer? The sound may have been dulled down, but the sound quality on the video wasnt the best either, so again we dont know the real sound. We have a general idea of it which does sound a bit weak, but at least they are revamping it.
>
> The gameplay: From just a little bit of gameplay we cannot confirm just how powerful it is, especially as the players werent hitting each other square on or close up or anything.
>
> I trust it to be good.

None the less, it still seems weaker than Reach from what we have seen, Maybe in campaign it will be more powerful

> That’s what the hammer sounds like when playing the game for real.
>
> It felt pretty powerful to me, but it certainly doesn’t have the giant shock waves in all directions like Halo 3. It felt a lot like Reach’s hammer to me.
>
> Of course, everyone’s impressions of the hammer may be colored by the fact that I suck at Grifball, even in Halo 4. :stuck_out_tongue:

The shockwaves were even present in Reach, Halo 4’s Gravity Hammer is lacking shockwaves wich is essential to the powerful feel.

PS. The Elite in your profile pic looks very huggable (I love Elites, they are so cool!)

> > > Players in Halo 4 only get the Over-Powered variant of the Brute Hammer once they attain the highest available Milestone in Halo Waypoint.
> >
> > Really? Can I see a source? :slight_smile:
>
> Its bull, that wasnt even talked about let alone confirmed.

How can you be so sure?

I like how quick and solidly it smacks down lol. It definitely looks powerful, but also smoother, almost like the Spartans are using it effortlessly (which emphasizes their strength.) +1 in my book.