Halo 4 Graphics.

In CEA i was very pleased by the looks of things. If halo4 used the same graphics as aniversary I would still be satisfied. Im a fan of keeping the looks of halo simple but this was fantastic.

Should they keep on improving the graphics too look more realstic though? I would prefer not but i want to see what the community thinks.

Halo Reach had better graphics then CEA. Why would you pick CEA. All we need is a little bit more brighter graphics for reach.

Actually, Reach graphics were bland and over-complicated IMO. It was a one-note tune that played at full volume all the time. Bleak, gritty base. Bleak, gritty city. Gritty, bleak forest. A darker, bleak gritty base.

CE had a great sense of variety and was subtle in it’s delivery. CE-A looked overexposed, but great nonetheless because of the excellent foundation.

Halo 4 is anyone’s game, but it looks like they mean to take back the classy style of CE. Just look at the clean design of the newest map pack. Articulate lines and a good mix of lights. Not exactly subtle, but classy.

Are we taking about art style or advanced graphics?

Reach has better graphics than CE-A, the art is quite different in both games. Halo 4 will have better graphics again, and I would expect a darker art style than the other Halo’s, given the tone of the E3 trailer and the concept art trailer.

As long as it looks better than Reach’s I’m fine.

> CE had a great sense of variety and was subtle in it’s delivery. CE-A looked overexposed, but great nonetheless because of the excellent foundation.
>
> Halo 4 is anyone’s game, but it looks like they mean to take back the classy style of CE. Just look at the clean design of the newest map pack. Articulate lines and a good mix of lights. Not exactly subtle, but classy.

I think the brightness of Anniversary is just right. What I remember most about Halo: Combat Evolved was how vivid the colours were, and in its way that was actually very helpful to gameplay. Bright colours that contrast each other make it easier to parse what you’re seeing. And the quicker someone can parse that, the more easily they can enjoy the game.

And yeah, simplicity is probably also important. I think Reach did a good job of simplifying some visuals, though it overcomplicated others (I remember being wowed when I first saw Countdown’s visuals, but they’re a bit much when you’re done smiling at eye candy). A simple, vivid aesthetic is what Halo wants.

HCEA looks beautiful. The enviroments and the like are just stunning. I hope they incorporate this into Halo 4 or even make it better. I’m not a big graphics person. I don’t need Halo 4 to have awesomesauce graphics, but if they can make it work why not?

It’s on the 360, it can’t get any better, only improve the shaders and what not…

I think you should have chosen a different game than cea for comparison. The lighting is awesome, but the overall graphics in Reach are far superior. Even in Halo 3, those graphics are stunning at times.

And yes, a little more realism wouldn’t hurt, just not to the point where the sci-fi feel is taken away.

More like Halo 3. The gray-scaled levels of reach were boring and depressing.

It needs to have lots of blood like in Halo CE Though.

Only if this is as realistic as it gets.

You guys are talking about Art style, not graphics. Yes, we need Halo 3’s bright and colorful palette back.

pump up the graphcard on a new console? im in

From the pictures I have seen of the campaign its looks beatiful…They have so much detail in it and it just looks incredible…

I want to keep the bright, classy Halo style, but still keep making it look better and more detailed.

You cant rip on Reaches graphics. You just cant.

So much better than halo 3 i was shocked when i saw the first trailer. H3 suddenly looked like a cartoon in comparison.

Halo 4 seems even better again. I dont know how they do it, black magic and ancient incantations under a full moon probably.

Infact i will be very interested in a technical explanation of how they are dealing with the memory limit. I expect LOTS of asset streaming from disc, and a strong recommendation to install that sucka. I hope the texture popin wont be too bad.