Halo 4 Graphically

Now lets make this clear. Halo will never succeed as a hyper realistic game. It is set in a fantastic world with aliens and plasma weaponry, so graphically i do not want hyper realism.

What I do want tho is halo 4 to blow halo reaches graphics out of the water. Lately Ive been looking at battle field three videos and I am amazed so far at the amount of detail that is in that game.

Grenades blow dirt up in your face, the sky box looks as good as when you look out your window and stare at the sky, character animations immerse you in the game completely.

In comparison I look at reach, which is acceptable in terms of graphics. I admit it is a beautiful game but halo needs to go a step further. Animations need to be more fluid, details need to be added. The game needs to evolve.

For example assassination animations, while initially cool, have a lot of faults to them. They look robotic in execution and theres not enough variety to them.

Im hoping halo 4 brings art style and detail good enough to compete with the best of them.
DISCUSS

While we’re on the subject I think Destructible environments and a higher LOD will be a must as time goes on. Reach is indeed a beautiful game and I just disovered the other day that the pools in reflection actually have fish in them It’s little things like that that really make me appreciate the work these guys put in.

Well you really can’t compare battlefield3 to reach. they are both on different systems. Xbox360 is a 5(?) year old console and has some really outdated tech. PC graphics will ALWAYS be superior to consoles due to the ever improving graphics technology of pc’s.

I personally think Reach is one of the best looking xbox360 games to date. I’m sure halo4 will look good but not that much improvement. (Not as much the leap from Halo:3 to Reach was.)

Maybe its time for next generation then? As far as I know battle field three is coming to 360 also. Either way I expect the graphics to improve enough. Every halo game has improved quite a bit on graphics for the following iteration.

I dont think they are going to disappoint. I hope they strain the 360 to the max.

Halo is colorful and bright, not dull and gritty.

I never said I wanted halo to be dull and gritty… I said I want more details and fluid animation. Textures could be improved too actually.

> Maybe its time for next generation then? As far as I know battle field three is coming to 360 also. Either way I expect the graphics to improve enough. Every halo game has improved quite a bit on graphics for the following iteration.
>
> I dont think they are going to disappoint. I hope they strain the 360 to the max.

This is true Battlefield 3 is also going to be on the 360 however most of the trailers for battlefield that you see are taken from pc with 60fps while the 360 version will only run at 30fps so battlefield 3 will not look as good on a console.

You say it will never succeed as a hyper realism game. Okay, you’ve never seen that done with Halo. You don’t know that.

What? I dont understand what your implying? That I separated the field from battle? Does that make me an idiot? Also the reason I said the hyper realism comment is because the art style for halo has had a specific theme, and that is the fantastic sci-fi genre. To change it now would be disrespectful to the games identity and to the previous vision bungie had for the game.

Dont try to disrespect me like I am a ignorant 12 yr old. Im Pre-med junior going to the University of Central Florida, not a prebuscent kid that doesnt know how to have a conversation.

It would be awesome if halo 4 have battlefield 3 graphics :o
Still halo games is not made to have awesome graphics,i think.

Yes, the 360 is very outdated as far as technology is concerned, and I don’t believe there is a new one coming out anytime soon, just more updates on the software/firmware side of things. So, obviously there are limitations to each game. It is not just graphics that are running behind scene, there is a lot, and everything has to be broken up to share their part of the hardware designed by the company. So for example, you can put 60% into graphics, but then A.I. will have less, visa versa. Also, when you have games like Halo, C.O.D., G.O.W., they all push the system to its limits, which will explain why there are so many hardware faults. Not always because of the hardware, but its the games they are running that plays a huge role in it. Also, I saw a video today on youtube, “Who are 343i”, around 00:56 Secs, I believe they show H4, so to get an idea, check it out.

> What? I dont understand what your implying? That I separated the field from battle? Does that make me an idiot? Also the reason I said the hyper realism comment is because the art style for halo has had a specific theme, and that is the fantastic sci-fi genre. To change it now would be disrespectful to the games identity and to the previous vision bungie had for the game.
>
> Dont try to disrespect me like I am a ignorant 12 yr old. Im Pre-med junior going to the University of Central Florida, not a prebuscent kid that doesnt know how to have a conversation.

Alright. Pre-med junior in College? Don’t you have some work to do? And don’t disrespect me internet-“tough guy.”
You’ve obviously got a lot to learn. Oh, and you obviously don’t know how to hold a conversation if you instantly flip over someones opinion. (;

> Well you really can’t compare battlefield3 to reach. they are both on different systems. Xbox360 is a 5(?) year old console and has some really outdated tech. PC graphics will ALWAYS be superior to consoles due to the ever improving graphics technology of pc’s.
>
> I personally think Reach is one of the best looking xbox360 games to date. I’m sure halo4 will look good but not that much improvement. (Not as much the leap from Halo:3 to Reach was.)

Battlefield 3 is on xbox.

They day I see a Halo game have similar or same graphics as the pre-rendered trailers, will be the same day I die and have gone to heaven. Of course, with that in mind, both things can seem impossible.

I’d be fine if the artstyle stayed the same though. Reach’s graphics were almost fine to me.

> > Well you really can’t compare battlefield3 to reach. they are both on different systems. Xbox360 is a 5(?) year old console and has some really outdated tech. PC graphics will ALWAYS be superior to consoles due to the ever improving graphics technology of pc’s.
> >
> > I personally think Reach is one of the best looking xbox360 games to date. I’m sure halo4 will look good but not that much improvement. (Not as much the leap from Halo:3 to Reach was.)
>
> Battlefield 3 is on xbox.

I know that… but its being PORTED. Dice came out and said this game is being built for the pc. Xbox and PS3 are getting the very low end of the stick. Which means dumbed down graphics (not a lot, but very noticable), smaller maps, smaller player count. Its a shortened experience. PC will benefit from everything because its got the tech!

Which in my opinion I think xbox needs to step up its game. I mean, seriously, the wii came out after the xbox, and its already getting a new console with better tech/hardware then the PS3! I wouldn’t be surprise to see that Microsoft/Sony pull a new console out next year at E3. Imagine all the advancements that can happen, imagine if Reach was built on with better hardware. It probably be one of the best looking games to date, up with Crysis and now BF3.

I got my fingers crossed for Halo 5 or 6 to be on the new console, sort of like what happened in the old trilogy. Halo1/2 - xbox and halo 3 gets the new stuff.

Didnt flip. Just dont like being talked down to. lol Also I just started classes yesterday so no work yet.

Anyways, we can assume that halo 4 will be a quality game in terms of graphics, but what really is gonna evolve the franchise graphically will take place on a next generation console.

A halo game with pc style battle field 3 graphics… Just imagine that. I just cant see how graphics could get better than that. Maybe in the far away future we will be able to play games that look like a pixar film. Just imagine that…

> Didnt flip. Just dont like being talked down to. lol Also I just started classes yesterday so no work yet.
>
> Anyways, we can assume that halo 4 will be a quality game in terms of graphics, but what really is gonna evolve the franchise graphically will take place on a next generation console.
>
> A halo game with pc style battle field 3 graphics… Just imagine that. I just cant see how graphics could get better than that. Maybe in the far away future we will be able to play games that look like a pixar film. Just imagine that…

“facepalm” he wasn’t talking down to you at all.

I’d like to the game move back to a Halo 2-3 graphical style. The graphics in both these games were clear and crisp, and had no framerate problems in single or splitscreen play. The visual design of the maps was also much more diverse and interesting. Compare Countdown and Boardwalk to Guardian and High Ground.

I find Reach looks terrible on everything but a High-def display due to the motion blur and gritty textures. The edges of objects in the distance also look horrible, especially during splitscreen play. The Spartans are also too small (I know it’s canon, it still sucks), and the reticle blends in too much with the colour pallet of most maps. It’s really difficult to see the blooming of the reticle in splitscreen.

Reach also has terrible framerate problems, on both forged and normal maps. Splitscreen just adds to these problems.

343, PLEASE bring back the crisp shapes, rich colours, and smooth framerate of the previous Halo games. Here’s hoping graphical issues like those found in Reach don’t hinder this new trilogy of Halo games.

And for the love of all that is good DON’T NEGLECT SPLITSCREEN GRAPHICAL PERFORMANCE! Splitscreen is the lifeblood of Halo for me, and it took a severe blow with how terribly it works in Reach.

> Didnt flip. Just dont like being talked down to. lol Also I just started classes yesterday so no work yet.
>
> Anyways, we can assume that halo 4 will be a quality game in terms of graphics, but what really is gonna evolve the franchise graphically will take place on a next generation console.
>
> A halo game with pc style battle field 3 graphics… Just imagine that. I just cant see how graphics could get better than that. Maybe in the far away future we will be able to play games that look like a pixar film. Just imagine that…

And when we hit that moment, my friend. We all know the robot apocalypse is just around the corner.

> > Didnt flip. Just dont like being talked down to. lol Also I just started classes yesterday so no work yet.
> >
> > Anyways, we can assume that halo 4 will be a quality game in terms of graphics, but what really is gonna evolve the franchise graphically will take place on a next generation console.
> >
> > A halo game with pc style battle field 3 graphics… Just imagine that. I just cant see how graphics could get better than that. Maybe in the far away future we will be able to play games that look like a pixar film. Just imagine that…
>
> “facepalm” he wasn’t talking down to you at all.

Lol Its ok we can all be friends =)

And yes the robot apocalypse is coming. I read on national geographic the japanese are building robots that can help with everyday things and actually learn… IamRobot scenario anyone?