Halo 4, good things and improvement

So, I was going to make a “bad things about Halo 4” but there’s too many already so, ill be original :slight_smile:

Halo 4 the good things and how can 343i improve it.

I say the campaign was good, had somewhat of suspense, hopefully 343i could make it longer and cooler

The multiplayer was not the best but it was(in my opinion) better than Reach,343i should have a classical mode on it and more players on FFA like 16(AWESOMENESS)

The forge world…not the best, better than 3 but not as good as Reach,

So what’s your opinion (the good stuff n wat u liked about it)

I enjoy the introduction of a randomness to the gameplay. I do wish there was a Classic Playlist, but the Ordinance is definetly a positive and it would have been less hated if it was used more sparingly.

Loved the campaign, one of the saddest in the series and really makes me wonder where Chief goes from here.

Spartan Ops remains my favorite part of this game. Can’t wait for Season 2.

> I enjoy the introduction of a randomness to the gameplay.

Not sure if serious… o.O

> > I enjoy the introduction of a randomness to the gameplay.
>
> Not sure if serious… o.O

Completely.

One of the things I disliked in previous titles was the ability for a few individuals to absolutely destroy anyone who went against them and basically making the gameplay an effort in futility for everyone else.

The guys who would go 50-0 in a game, would always get to the Power Weapons first, or would steal them from you if you tried.

The Infinity Playlists have a better chance of preventing this with Personal Ordinance giving the little guy a chance to end the streak and actually feel like they’re contributing.

A good thing about Halo 4: Armor Lock has been removed
How can 343 improve it: Remove the rest of the AA’s

> A good thing about Halo 4: Armor Lock has been removed
> How can 343 improve it: Remove the rest of the AA’s

See and I actually think with all the complaints about people spawning with Plasma Grenades that having Armor Lock back would work perfectly.

I also would rather have the Bubble Shield back too.

> > > I enjoy the introduction of a randomness to the gameplay.
> >
> > Not sure if serious… o.O
>
> Completely.
>
> One of the things I disliked in previous titles was the ability for a few individuals to absolutely destroy anyone who went against them and basically making the gameplay an effort in futility for everyone else.
>
> The guys who would go 50-0 in a game, would always get to the Power Weapons first, or would steal them from you if you tried.
>
> The Infinity Playlists have a better chance of preventing this with Personal Ordinance giving the little guy a chance to end the streak and actually feel like they’re contributing.

Why cant you just improve how you play and learn to time weapon spawns? Why must 343 hand you power weapons on a silver platter? If you want to contribute, learn to play the game. You are never going to get better with rockets and railguns spawning at your feet every 5 minutes.

>

So what you’re saying is that it’s bad for good players to win, and those who take the time to learn the game should be punished?

I like Ordinance when it is predictable, though. It’s great to be able to properly time and predict when weapons spawn. Since we have no static timers, it eliminates some of the unpredictability brought up in Halo 2, 3 and Reach.

I like the new powerups, but I wish they were an auto-pickup. It is far too easy to sit on an OS until you get in trouble, then instantly have your shields back and then some.

The weapons in this game are pretty cool, too.

Good things:

-Graphics
-Small maps
-Flood

Things to improve:

-Bring back hornet and falcon
-Improve custom options
-Balancing of weapons and AAs

No what I’m saying, is that not everyone is ever gonna be on the level of some of the people, no matter how much time you put in learning the game.

I’m 10x better than I was even 4 years ago, and I’m still no where near an excellent Halo Player.

From your perspective, I should just be happy to be Canon fodder in the game for other people until I learn to get better. And that should be fun?

Great players are going to win regardless of what the lesser players get handed to them.

What I think bugs the majority of “Great Players” is that the lesser players got a kill on them at all. How dare they?

This.

I am an enthusiastic but average Halo player. In Reach I was frequently the subject of 50 to nigh on zilch scorelines as opponents hoarded the power weapons. I kept thinking it must be boring as Hell for them?

Would have loved to fight fire with fire… but didn’t have the time to memorise weapon times and spawn points.

With ordnance drops I now have a little slice of revenge. Once or twice a game I get a chance to get my hands on a decent weapon. I still lose as many games as I did before… but now the games are much ‘closer’.

It’s much more fun for me… and I was assuming also for my opponent (who occasionally has to work for their candy).

Love the drops.

> From your perspective, I should just be happy to be Canon fodder in the game for other people until I learn to get better. And that should be fun?

You should expect to get beaten by people who are better than you.

Maybe being cannon fodder isn’t fun but you should accept that it will happen from time to time because at other times people worse than you will be your cannon fodder.

> What I think bugs the majority of “Great Players” is that the lesser players got a kill on them at all. How dare they?

I think it’s more because they got the kill but did nothing to deserve it.

If you’re going 35 and 0 and the lesser skilled people on the other team get fed up with you and their entire team starts charging you (ignoring your teammates) and eventually after wave after wave of relentless never-ending AR and grenade spamming they manage to kill you then is it annoying? yes. But it’s acceptable because they put in the effort.

However, if you’re going 35 and 0 and then you get killed because an incineration cannon appears out of thin air at the feet of your enemy… then it’s unacceptable because the kill was just handed to them and they didn’t really need to do anything.

Again, you’re saying that I should find playing a game where I am forced to be cannon fodder to be fun.

Instead now I have an EVEN chance of getting a Random Weapon that will turn the tide.

And did nothing to deserve it? So I earn my points slowly over the match, get my one ordinance, take a few shots and don’t finish negative because I’m not getting stomped over anymore. Because spending an entire game feeling like you’re worth about jack -Yoink-, seems like earning it to me.

> Again, you’re saying that I should find playing a game where I am forced to be cannon fodder to be fun.
>
> Instead now I have an EVEN chance of getting a Random Weapon that will turn the tide.
>
> And did nothing to deserve it? So I earn my points slowly over the match, get my one ordinance, take a few shots and don’t finish negative because I’m not getting stomped over anymore. Because spending an entire game feeling like you’re worth about jack Yoink!, seems like earning it to me.

Its not that you need to be cannon fodder but that the lesser skilled team gets better drops for no reason. Now if the drops were more like get 5 kills in a row and get a power weapon that would be acceptable but no its get a kill die get assist die get maybe 2 kills die then get 1 assist bam rockets or sniper is at your feet for basically not doing anything special while the other person can get kills on a spree and get a saw or a needler

> > Again, you’re saying that I should find playing a game where I am forced to be cannon fodder to be fun.
> >
> > Instead now I have an EVEN chance of getting a Random Weapon that will turn the tide.
> >
> > And did nothing to deserve it? So I earn my points slowly over the match, get my one ordinance, take a few shots and don’t finish negative because I’m not getting stomped over anymore. Because spending an entire game feeling like you’re worth about jack Yoink!, seems like earning it to me.
>
> Its not that you need to be cannon fodder but that the lesser skilled team gets better drops for no reason. Now if the drops were more like get 5 kills in a row and get a power weapon that would be acceptable but no its get a kill die get assist die get maybe 2 kills die then get 1 assist bam rockets or sniper is at your feet for basically not doing anything special while the other person can get kills on a spree and get a saw or a needler

Ok fine, but if your system its:

Super Player runs around, getting killing streaks, getting power weapons, getting Overshields, continues streaks, only now he has constant sources to make him more powerful.

Weaker player, even LESS chance than he did in Halo 3.

Good:

• Custom loadouts with nicely balanced default weapons brings gameplay much needed variety.
  • Nice maps with some instant classics like Haven or Exile and less apprieciated, but still very playable maps like Abandon or Meltdown.
  • Halo finaly looks beautiful.

Place for improvements:

• Fixing balancing issues (hate to repeat myself, but DMR, DMR, DMR!!!).
  • Bring more maps.
  • Fix framerate issues on splitscreen for maps like Complex or Shatter. That means fixing forge maps as well (so they can be finally put into regular Team Slayer - see above).

The point is for people to enjoy the game, not just the pros. I think H4 has done this perfectly by keeping sny individual from grabbing a power weapon and dominating the whole game because of it. Ordnance helps this, as well as spawning with plasma grenades and other loadout weapons.

> > > I enjoy the introduction of a randomness to the gameplay.
> >
> > Not sure if serious… o.O
>
> Completely.
>
> One of the things I disliked in previous titles was the ability for a few individuals to absolutely destroy anyone who went against them and basically making the gameplay an effort in futility for everyone else.
>
> The guys who would go 50-0 in a game, would always get to the Power Weapons first, or would steal them from you if you tried.
>
> The Infinity Playlists have a better chance of preventing this with Personal Ordinance giving the little guy a chance to end the streak and actually feel like they’re contributing.

And this is what’s wrong with halo ladies and gentlemen. If someone is dominating you 50-0 then deserve to. They game shouldn’t baby bad players with randomness. Maybe you should just get better.

> And this is what’s wrong with halo ladies and gentlemen. If someone is dominating you 50-0 then deserve to. They game shouldn’t baby bad players with randomness. Maybe you should just get better.

Maybe these supposed pros who rely on consistency and can’t adapt to a changing situation should just learn to. Consistency was a crutch for some people(kinda like camping), But not anymore. At least not as much.

> > > > I enjoy the introduction of a randomness to the gameplay.
> > >
> > > Not sure if serious… o.O
> >
> > Completely.
> >
> > One of the things I disliked in previous titles was the ability for a few individuals to absolutely destroy anyone who went against them and basically making the gameplay an effort in futility for everyone else.
> >
> > The guys who would go 50-0 in a game, would always get to the Power Weapons first, or would steal them from you if you tried.
> >
> > The Infinity Playlists have a better chance of preventing this with Personal Ordinance giving the little guy a chance to end the streak and actually feel like they’re contributing.
>
> Why cant you just improve how you play and learn to time weapon spawns? Why must 343 hand you power weapons on a silver platter? If you want to contribute, learn to play the game. You are never going to get better with rockets and railguns spawning at your feet every 5 minutes.

Why cant you simply let him have his opinion?

I am with him, I enjoy the randomness. It makes the game organic.

If you don’t agree that is cool. I think that multiple playlists can accommodate everyone :slight_smile: