Halo 4 Gametype Idea: Evacuate

This is similar to another game, but i think the Halo twist on it would be awesome.

So 6 vs 6, on maps like Longbow, the teams have to hold out for 10 minutes, basically standard team slayer, but after the ten minutes, a pelican arrives and only six people can get in it, so you have to fight for a place.
This could last for about five minutes, and after the time runs out the pelican leaves and
the others are left stranded. bonus points to those who were evacuated.

I’d love to see any criticism or improvements that could be made.

Would you play this gametype?

This sounds pretty cool, but 5 minutes is way too long to evacuate. I’d say MAYBE 2 minutes. Perhaps there could be an extra bonus if an entire team of 6 gets on? Like all blue?

I think it could be implemented in a ffa gametype setting but i really don’t see it working anywhere else.

Also the times would need to be tweaked to add an urgency to get to the pelican.

Yeah, i guess in a Gametype like this, urgency is key.

2 minutes would be better.

Shorten the evac time and shorten the gameplay (a little) and I’d play it.

I can see it playing out better as a living dead game type.

> This is similar to another game, but i think the Halo twist on it would be awesome.
>
> So 6 vs 6, on maps like Longbow, the teams have to hold out for 10 minutes, basically standard team slayer, but after the ten minutes, a pelican arrives and only six people can get in it, so you have to fight for a place.
> This could last for about five minutes, and after the time runs out the pelican leaves and
> the others are left stranded. bonus points to those who were evacuated.
>
> I’d love to see any criticism or improvements that could be made.
>
> Would you play this gametype?

Sounds like a good rumble pit game type. I think it should start out like regular slayer then geting on the pelican gives you a bonus.

infection wants this

good idea but how do we get 343i to add this feature ?

should ai guntas or some thing chase the players to the pelican ? so get on or die trying

Let me guess… Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City?

I like the idea. (Game was horrible by the way)

Yeah, I never liked Resident Evil games anyway. Just thought the gametype would work well in Halo.
Maybe it could give an actual objective to the survivors in Infection other than just “Survive”.