Halo 4 game designers...

Halo 4’s Lead Campaign Designer Apparently created -Yoink!- Zombies and worked on Call of duty as a lead designer. I found this interesting. Your thoughts?
Link

Oh and this guy is another lead game designer with Halo 4. Looks like he worked on Mercenaries 1 and 2.
Link

For further reference 343 employees:
Link
as provided by Cys WarZombie.

somebody told me yesterday that the guys that did the campagin designs for metroid are on the boat also.

I was told that was a very good thing.

HE WAS WITH BLACK ISLE???

Expect RPG elements in halo 4

> …Expect RPG elements in halo 4

Fine with me. I am very intrigued by the whole “going deeper” idea with things as stated by Frankie.

I am also very curious to see what they do with FF especially having the guy who I guess invented -Yoink!- Zombies. I love the Horde, Spec OPs. and FF. I just think FF needs to keep pace it gets stale after a bit.

It seems like their pulling out someone VERY experienced with writing thrilling campaign stories for video games. You know,if Tolkien was reborn and wrote the campaign for video games he would be all pro. Fo sho.

Do you have any idea where we could find a list of people working on halo 4 so we can look them up?

> Do you have any idea where we could find a list of people working on halo 4 so we can look them up?

No, I have no idea. This info I got was from David Ellis’ twitter. Also Corrinne Yu is supposedly working on the engine.

> somebody told me yesterday that the guys that did the campagin designs for metroid are on the boat also.
>
> I was told that was a very good thing.
>
>
> HE WAS WITH BLACK ISLE???
>
> Expect RPG elements in halo 4

Jason Behr did indeed work on Metroid Prime, where he was the LEAD Level Designer. That is an AMAZING thing.

^^^ List of all current 343i employees. This is actually a really well put-together staff, with some working at id Software, Raven Software, Kojima Productions, Pandemic, etc. The list goes on and on.

Can i get pics of the levels and info on what makes them amazing? i don’t play nintendo

> Can i get pics of the levels and info on what makes them amazing? i don’t play nintendo

You should buy a Gamecube and Metroid Prime. Seriously worth it. I’m not kidding when I say you’re sorely missing out.

> > somebody told me yesterday that the guys that did the campagin designs for metroid are on the boat also.
> >
> > I was told that was a very good thing.
> >
> >
> > HE WAS WITH BLACK ISLE???
> >
> > Expect RPG elements in halo 4
>
> Jason Behr did indeed work on Metroid Prime, where he was the LEAD Level Designer. That is an AMAZING thing.
>
> 343 Industries | Halo Alpha | Fandom
>
> ^^^ List of all current 343i employees. This is actually a really well put-together staff, with some working at id Software, Raven Software, Kojima Productions, Pandemic, etc. The list goes on and on.

Lets break this thread down by person and what they have done in the past to find out what could be going on.

I hate gamecube because of the damn controller, but i will read the wiki

I give up! Halo 4’s going to be -Yoink-!

Well, it will be -Yoink- if there’s any military shooter elements or RPG elements. And I mean even the tiniest sliver! I don’t care how many times they say “we know what makes Halo, Halo” look what happened to Reach. “Hello, Sage!” Bungie only had a few people from the creators of Shadowrun, and the they managed to muck things up a lot. Now we’ve got a whole team of people that I just know are going to bring in something they’ve always wanted in Halo. After all, the average Halo fan is always like, “wouldn’t it be cool if we had…” It’s going to be a cluster -Yoink-.

/rage

> I give up! Halo 4’s going to be Yoink!!
>
> Well, it will be Yoink! if there’s any military shooter elements or RPG elements. And I mean even the tiniest sliver! I don’t care how many times they say “we know what makes Halo, Halo” look what happened to Reach. “Hello, Sage!” Bungie only had a few people from the creators of Shadowrun, and the they managed to muck things up a lot. Now we’ve got a whole team of people that I just know are going to bring in something they’ve always wanted in Halo. After all, the average Halo fan is always like, “wouldn’t it be cool if we had…” It’s going to be a cluster Yoink!.
>
> /rage

While I understand your fears I don’t share them. I can see if they added everything including the kitchen sink things would go south in a hurry. However conversely if we just kept the status quo we would all still be playing Pong. I am not trying to over simplify but I think you get my point even if you disagree.

Well, hopefully some of the non-believers can now accept that Halo is in good hands.

> > I give up! Halo 4’s going to be Yoink!!
> >
> > Well, it will be Yoink! if there’s any military shooter elements or RPG elements. And I mean even the tiniest sliver! I don’t care how many times they say “we know what makes Halo, Halo” look what happened to Reach. “Hello, Sage!” Bungie only had a few people from the creators of Shadowrun, and the they managed to muck things up a lot. Now we’ve got a whole team of people that I just know are going to bring in something they’ve always wanted in Halo. After all, the average Halo fan is always like, “wouldn’t it be cool if we had…” It’s going to be a cluster Yoink!.
> >
> > /rage
>
> While I understand your fears I don’t share them. I can see if they added everything including the kitchen sink things would go south in a hurry. However conversely if we just kept the status quo we would all still be playing Pong. I am not trying to over simplify but I think you get my point even if you disagree.

Id wouldn’t turn the next main Quake game into a CoD hybrid. That’s what spinoffs (which usually fail…) and new IPs are for. That’s why we’re not all still playing Pong. Someone made a new IP: Pac Man. gobble gobble gobble

> > > I give up! Halo 4’s going to be Yoink!!
> > >
> > > Well, it will be Yoink! if there’s any military shooter elements or RPG elements. And I mean even the tiniest sliver! I don’t care how many times they say “we know what makes Halo, Halo” look what happened to Reach. “Hello, Sage!” Bungie only had a few people from the creators of Shadowrun, and the they managed to muck things up a lot. Now we’ve got a whole team of people that I just know are going to bring in something they’ve always wanted in Halo. After all, the average Halo fan is always like, “wouldn’t it be cool if we had…” It’s going to be a cluster Yoink!.
> > >
> > > /rage
> >
> > While I understand your fears I don’t share them. I can see if they added everything including the kitchen sink things would go south in a hurry. However conversely if we just kept the status quo we would all still be playing Pong. I am not trying to over simplify but I think you get my point even if you disagree.
>
> Id wouldn’t turn the next main Quake game into a CoD hybrid. That’s what spinoffs (which usually fail…) and new IPs are for. That’s why we’re not all still playing Pong. Someone made a new IP: Pac Man. gobble gobble gobble

Well I wouldn’t want a CoD Hybrid either but if you want Halo to continue it has to evolve. I believe if they just made graphical upgrades you would have just as many people complaining as we do now. New IPs are being made all the time if Halo didn’t change and progress (A relative term I know) it would get left in the dust just as , to use your comparison, Pong got left in Pac-Mans.

> > > > I give up! Halo 4’s going to be Yoink!!
> > > >
> > > > Well, it will be Yoink! if there’s any military shooter elements or RPG elements. And I mean even the tiniest sliver! I don’t care how many times they say “we know what makes Halo, Halo” look what happened to Reach. “Hello, Sage!” Bungie only had a few people from the creators of Shadowrun, and the they managed to muck things up a lot. Now we’ve got a whole team of people that I just know are going to bring in something they’ve always wanted in Halo. After all, the average Halo fan is always like, “wouldn’t it be cool if we had…” It’s going to be a cluster Yoink!.
> > > >
> > > > /rage
> > >
> > > While I understand your fears I don’t share them. I can see if they added everything including the kitchen sink things would go south in a hurry. However conversely if we just kept the status quo we would all still be playing Pong. I am not trying to over simplify but I think you get my point even if you disagree.
> >
> > Id wouldn’t turn the next main Quake game into a CoD hybrid. That’s what spinoffs (which usually fail…) and new IPs are for. That’s why we’re not all still playing Pong. Someone made a new IP: Pac Man. gobble gobble gobble
>
> Well I wouldn’t want a CoD Hybrid either but if you want Halo to continue it has to evolve. I believe if they just made graphical upgrades you would have just as many people complaining as we do now. New IPs are being made all the time if Halo didn’t change and progress (A relative term I know) it would get left in the dust just as , to use your comparison, Pong got left in Pac-Mans.

Exactly. I want Halo to evolve. The fact that there are so many staff members with such varied backgrounds in terms of game development is awesome. I don’t see this as a bad thing in the least.

> > > > > I give up! Halo 4’s going to be Yoink!!
> > > > >
> > > > > Well, it will be Yoink! if there’s any military shooter elements or RPG elements. And I mean even the tiniest sliver! I don’t care how many times they say “we know what makes Halo, Halo” look what happened to Reach. “Hello, Sage!” Bungie only had a few people from the creators of Shadowrun, and the they managed to muck things up a lot. Now we’ve got a whole team of people that I just know are going to bring in something they’ve always wanted in Halo. After all, the average Halo fan is always like, “wouldn’t it be cool if we had…” It’s going to be a cluster Yoink!.
> > > > >
> > > > > /rage
> > > >
> > > > While I understand your fears I don’t share them. I can see if they added everything including the kitchen sink things would go south in a hurry. However conversely if we just kept the status quo we would all still be playing Pong. I am not trying to over simplify but I think you get my point even if you disagree.
> > >
> > > Id wouldn’t turn the next main Quake game into a CoD hybrid. That’s what spinoffs (which usually fail…) and new IPs are for. That’s why we’re not all still playing Pong. Someone made a new IP: Pac Man. gobble gobble gobble
> >
> > Well I wouldn’t want a CoD Hybrid either but if you want Halo to continue it has to evolve. I believe if they just made graphical upgrades you would have just as many people complaining as we do now. New IPs are being made all the time if Halo didn’t change and progress (A relative term I know) it would get left in the dust just as , to use your comparison, Pong got left in Pac-Mans.
>
> Exactly. I want Halo to evolve. The fact that there are so many staff members with such varied backgrounds in terms of game development is awesome. I don’t see this as a bad thing in the least.

Evolve into what? Into a CoD clone? That’s not evolving, that’s giving a customer the exact same product that’s already available; just with a different overlay.

Pong didn’t get left in Pac Man’s dust. People still play Pong, people still play Pac Man and people sure as hell still buy merchandise from both games. You could say Quake got left in the dust of other FPSs, but that’s not quite true. You see, the people that truly love those games still play them. It’s only that the next generation of gamers, or the people that don’t like the game move onto other games and make them popular. They’re not being left in the dust per see, they’re just pleasing different audiences. Some larger than others. It’s the clone’s that get left in the dust and forgotten.

Coca-cola. It’s barely, if at all changed (don’t bring up the fact that it used to have -Yoink!-). Why? Because people love it the way it is. Sure it’s had new logos and all that, but it’s taste has remained relatively the same. Coke has spinoffs, these spinoffs are meant to appeal to those that don’t already love coke (people that want it to ‘evolve’ -_-). They’re their to bring in more customers, but the original product (Coca-Cola) is still the main beast. Spinoffs are never as successful as the original. Imagine what would happen if they stopped making coke and started only producing cherry-coke?

If you want ‘evolution’ so much and Halo’s losing your interest play a different game. Instead of trying to bring CoD, Brink or Zelda elements into the game. Halo can ‘evolve’ by adding in features that would benefit the gameplay, not needlessly change it just for the sake of, “zomg, mum! Halo’s getting a bit stale! I wish the devs would add this and this and this! That’d be so cool and make me love Halo more!” It might, but only for a while. Then you’re back to, “zomg, mum! Halo’s getting a bit stale! I wish the devs would add this and this and this! That’d be so cool and make me love Halo more!” You either love the gameplay or you want it changed because you find it’s getting stale. In that case, the Halo game isn’t for you. Sure you might love the universe and story, but you’re obviously not enjoying the gameplay that much. If you were you wouldn’t be wanting needless changes that only mimic other popular games; that’s called cloning, not evolving.

I’ve finished… for now.
/rant

I want the dude who did H2 Multiplayer to be the Multiplayer designer for H4 because H2 was the best Halo of the Series

Wait, does anybody know if Joe Staten is working at 343? AARRRGH. This game better be the best one yet, 'cause my hopes are higher than a man floating down the river in a wig.

> > Can i get pics of the levels and info on what makes them amazing? i don’t play nintendo
>
> You should buy a Gamecube and Metroid Prime. Seriously worth it. I’m not kidding when I say you’re sorely missing out.

Agreed wholeheartedly. The Metroid Prime trilogy is a shining pillar in terms of campaign design, from aesthetics to how it factors in gameplay. If anybody from Retro is at 343, it is only an advantage.

Too bad Other M was so horrible. Ugh, Team Ninja.