Halo 4 Forge world what do you want to see?

{Note} Speaking ONLY for MM and custom games, forget all about story or what ever, because ive noticed that some people think that MM should in ways be related to the actual story mode, example that you wouldnt fight X enemy because there not in that game, like fighting Flood or sentinels in FF on reach, its not about story its about having fun sending the enemy to hell and back.

ive seen the video that gave us a quick look at Halo 4 forge and it looks AWSOME, but what are some things that you would like to see or be able to do/use when forging a map?

1: I would like to see a bigger budget, being able to actually make larger than life fortresses with game types like Assault in mind or others.

2: being able to create maps for Spartan Ops, picking locations and spawn options for the enemy, spawning 2X at every location or not etc.

3: being able to decide if, where and how many special units spawn, example the drop pods, drop ships etc

4: being able to use stationary gun emplacements like the ones seen in ODST.

5: making hybrind game types, like assault combined with … teritories or what ever else.

what are your ideas?

no other ides or comments?

To be honest I’m not really sure why respawn objects are really needed except in unique scenarios: there should be an option to just have players spawn on any viable surface within a spawn zone. So that would be nice.

> no other ides or comments?

Please do not bump your thread again, okay? :slight_smile:

The ability to group objects together so that when you move/rotate them they all stick together in the exact same way.

Also: The ability to copy and paste, this includes copying and pasting groups.

actually that i can see, it could keep you from spawning in the center of the map in the open where every one can see you, bad idea during a game of snipers.

maybe set areas instead of spots where people would spawn, there have been a few games where i spawned only to get run over by a ghost or some thing.

make it some thing like a paint brush?

The Guardians >.>

I would love to see AI.

> {Note} Speaking ONLY for MM and custom games, forget all about story or what ever, because ive noticed that some people think that MM should in ways be related to the actual story mode, example that you wouldnt fight X enemy because there not in that game, like fighting Flood or sentinels in FF on reach, its not about story its about having fun sending the enemy to hell and back.
>
> ive seen the video that gave us a quick look at Halo 4 forge and it looks AWSOME, but what are some things that you would like to see or be able to do/use when forging a map?
>
> 1: I would like to see a bigger budget, being able to actually make larger than life fortresses with game types like Assault in mind or others.
>
> 2: being able to create maps for Spartan Ops, picking locations and spawn options for the enemy, spawning 2X at every location or not etc.
>
> 3: being able to decide if, where and how many special units spawn, example the drop pods, drop ships etc
>
> 4: being able to use stationary gun emplacements like the ones seen in ODST.
>
> 5: making hybrind game types, like assault combined with … teritories or what ever else.
>
> what are your ideas?

Sorry to knock these ideas (IMO they’re great, don’t get me wrong), but,

1. Reach pushed the 360 to its limit, H4 looks like its pushing it OVER the limit, 343i might’ve sqeezed a little more budget in, but not enough to do what you’re saying, the 360 might crash, get RRoD (If your xbox is old enough, or just that unlucky), or simply brick. But maybe what you’re saying can happen on a new console

2. Spartan Ops is following its own storyline in the Halo Universe, so there will be dedicated maps for this (Spartan Ops is the reason for the mandatory 8GB for Infinity); what you’re saying is almost the same thing as Forging Campagin: Unessasary. However, if this was Firefight instad of Spartan Ops, it would be perfect

3. This would require a writing of a dynamic AI, because if you were to simply stick the Campagin AI into Forge/Multiplayer, the AI would be walking into walls constantly because to the AI, only the base map exists, not the forged objects

4. Great thing to have, but not practical in Multiplayer (as in Matchmaking) because it would be massively OP

5. Again ,this would require a rewrite of both gametypes into one, but a Territories+Assault combo would be worth playing to me, but 343i might’ve not have thought of it, and its close to being gold at this point, so I don’t see them doing it for H4 (In case you didnt know, Invasion is a combo of Territories and CTF)

Great ideas, just impractical

by guardians do you mean the auto guns on that ice level? cant remember the name.

and AI do you mean having bots like friendly/enemy AI players or what?

I would love moving, thinking AI in forge- but it’s very un likely to happen. What I can see is stationary AI, like for instance: You can spawn a grunt on your map, but he won’t be able to move from the spot he’s placed, he’ll of course still have looking around and breathing animations, he’ll also be able to talk :D. I think stationary/not moving ai could happen, would be great for aesthetics on maps, or cool little easter eggs.
Another example, spawn a Jackel Sniper on a skyscraper above a city, he wouldn’t be a ble to do much except breathe, do a few stretching animations, make noises, stuff like that.