Halo 4 Forge - The Problems

Here

I feel this video sums it up quite nicely. And yes, it is a parody of the Bungie Forge World ViDoc

I watched this video before. Pretty hilarious but I just can’t stand HaloFollower.

> Here
>
> I feel this video sums it up quite nicely.

I believe someone posted this video not too long ago. Nothing new that hasn’t been said before…however, I hope their PAX east panel tomorrow will address some of these forge issues.

I always liked that video.

> I always liked that video.

It really outlines all the questionable changes.

> > I always liked that video.
>
> It really outlines all the questionable changes.

I don’t feel like HaloFollower should be included however. He never has a clue what he’s talking about on his channel. He should be exiled to land of Call of Duty.

> > > I always liked that video.
> >
> > It really outlines all the questionable changes.
>
> I don’t feel like HaloFollower should be included however. He never has a clue what he’s talking about on his channel. He should be exiled to land of Call of Duty.

He does in this case. How is his point not right?

Objects are the wrong size(and shape):

• Coliseum wall is now 10x11.8 which no longer aligns with the size of ANY other pieces.
  • Bridges are no longer 2 units wide, which also no longer aligns with ANY other pieces.
  • Pieces that were misnamed in REACH are STILL misnamed! 5x1 block is called short, but it is flat. It is the same thickness as all of the other flat pieces. Could they really have been SO LAZY that not one person in development noticed this?
  • Ugly gaps appear between pieces because they have inexplicably rounded corners(blocks) and holes on their sides(walls).
  • Impact tunnels don’t align with each other OR the grid system.
  • Erosion pipes dimensions are misnamed.

Fine movement(clicking left stick) and camera zoom(clicking right stick) were ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, and it makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE for them to have been removed! The buttons don’t even do anything now. WHY WERE THOSE FUNCTIONS REMOVED? WHY HASN’T THIS BEEN FIXED YET?

-The reason these functions were ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY is that:

Magnets are poorly placed, and sometimes don’t even work.

• Every piece needs magnets on their corners, rather than their center. There is NO REASON for the curved wall to be the only piece with cornered magnets.
  • 5x5 flat block almost never aligns properly. It has a magnet point on its top and bottom, but somehow constantly aligns with an invisible magnet point in between the two.
  • Railings having a magnet point in their center is one of the most illogical things a map editing video game developer has EVER done.
  • Large Braces are useless. The magnet points might as well not exist.

This game has less content than its predecessors. How does a sequel have fewer maps than the one that came before it? How does it have fewer vehicles?

The dynamic lighting system is broken, and flat out should not be in the game.

-It stops working randomly. Literally adding two silo pieces on Impact causes it to stop working, and cast random lights and shadows all over the place.
-It slows down the forge experience by making you wait every single time you switch from forging to testing.

• It slows down the multiplayer experience.

Custom games were INTENTIONALLY BUTCHERED:

• Flood was the most frequently played and customized gametype in Reach. Why was it dumbed down? Why has it STILL not been fixed?
  • Grifball was a variation on assault. Hockey was a variation of grifball. They have COMPLETELY removed assault, dumbed down the customization and left only grifball. They added a “throw” function to grifball, so WHY DID THEY GET RID OF HOCKEY? Do you have any idea how much fun it could have been to customize a gametype to allow scoring by throw? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?

I will tell you what is wrong with these people. They butchered this game, and stifled customization because giving people less fun stuff to do on their own encourages sales on their sub-par DLC.

LOl that ViDoc is brilliant seen it when it came out but still rocks.

As for Halo4Foller, seriously that kid is a BK and has such an annoying voice.

I don’t us forge much.

But it seems we have been given legos instead of a garage…