Halo 4 Forge Mode

What do you think the Halo 4 forge will be like?

I’m hoping they bring back the structural themes for objects like in Halo 3 (like the stone bricks in Sandbox and the metal boxes in Foundry). I also hope they bring back coordinates, they make maps so much easier and look nice.

So essentially you want to see a combination of Halo 3 and reach’s forge. That would be ideal in my opinion, Reach’s tools were great and at first overwhelming, but I feel like the parts in Halo 3 were much more interesting. WHo knows, we may get some forerunner looking parts which could make for some really interesting forges.

> So essentially you want to see a combination of Halo 3 and reach’s forge. That would be ideal in my opinion, Reach’s tools were great and at first overwhelming, but I feel like the parts in Halo 3 were much more interesting. WHo knows, we may get some forerunner looking parts which could make for some really interesting forges.

I agree. They had quite a bit of forerunner looking objects in Reach though. I enjoyed Reach but I hated how Forge World was one of the only maps you could actually forge on. They short of had that in 3, except places like Sandbox had many options for forging, like up top, below, and in the sky.

Halo 3 had both foundry and sandbox, it was nice to have a variety of really good maps. I feel like forge world was just too much. I would love it if we had a small forge map like foundry, a medium forge map with 3 different levels like sandbox, and a large forge map with many areas to go like forge world. Having options where we can forge makes all the difference.

I want an undo for the accidental delete.

Options to edit object colours in both a major way (like when you stick a 4x4 flat in a tree on Forge World and the entire thing turns green) and a subtle way (e.g. what colour editing does to most Reach objects).

The option to edit item brightness manually which should ideally prevent both the disco effect when the Halo 3/Reach games attempt to display all the dynamicl shadows and the uglyness of having two pieces next to each other with completely different shades due to a nearby rock/hill/cat.

I would like to see a real map editor. It’s something that’s been overdue in Halo for quite a while. On a related note, I’d also like to see a Custom Games Browser so that Forge has an actual purpose.

I want to be able to make hills and rivers. Make it dark, bright, foggy, or rainy. Snow or desert or forest. That would be epic.

I want THIS

> I want an undo for the accidental delete.

Yes I hate when I accidentally delete things. Really annoying.

> Options to edit object colours in both a major way (like when you stick a 4x4 flat in a tree on Forge World and the entire thing turns green) and a subtle way (e.g. what colour editing does to most Reach objects).
>
> The option to edit item brightness manually which should ideally prevent both the disco effect when the Halo 3/Reach games attempt to display all the dynamicl shadows and the uglyness of having two pieces next to each other with completely different shades due to a nearby rock/hill/cat.

That would be great. I dislike how when you color things it’s just like a little thing in the lights of the object, actual object coloring like on mongooses would be good. Also brightness settings would be great like you said. That is really annoying when your making a map around trees/ground/rock and you get weird bright blocks or really dark blocks.

> I want to be able to make hills and rivers. Make it dark, bright, foggy, or rainy. Snow or desert or forest. That would be epic.

I would like that but it may be hard to implement that in the game. However setting the weather/time of day would be great and would most likely work.