Halo 4 Forge MEGA EDITION

The following are 3 categories of features that should be included in a possible “MEGA EDITION” of Halo 4’s Forge. They are sorted by “Necessity” (absolutely necessary for Forge to be complete), “Nice to have” (bonus), and “Impossible but would be frigging awesome” (sounds ridiculous but I don’t care because it would be insanely awesome). BAM:

Necessity
Forge World-style map - Forge World was amazing in Reach. Halo 4 doesn’t really have anything on that scale, and it really needs it, IMO. Some maps are nice for forging, but none of them are really GREAT for forging. They aren’t big or blank canvas-like enough.

Nice to have
Pelican - Come on now. It took more than a decade for a pelican to even be drivable in the campaign of a Halo game. That was the first big step. Let’s take the next big step within that same game - bring the pelican to multiplayer. Please. And with passenger seats. Please do not pull the Reach “Falcon has seats in campaign but not in multiplayer” bullcrap. Please.

Other UNSC flying vehicles - We don’t have any. Kind of fits with the “pelican” feature, but I’m just saying, I don’t object to having a hornet/falcon in the game either.

Impossible but would be frigging awesome
Longbow/Longsword - To be honest, I don’t remember what that jet-like vehicle was near the end of the campaign, but whatever it was, we gotta have it in Forge. Sounds crazy. But don’t tell me that it wouldn’t be amazing to design a course where you have to dodge stuff at incredibly high speeds, because everybody likes that. If you liked that campaign mission, you would like this. It would also be nice if the vehicle came with other associated forge objects - stuff that was also included in the campaign level that would make sense in an obstacle-dodging map.

Elephant - Please.

Mammoth - Holy crapfart, please.

Scarab - I don’t care if it sounds infeasible, because this would be frigging unbelievable. I’m talking Halo 3 scarabs. Maybe even a new gametype. To be honest, this deserves its own thread, maybe even its own set of Encyclopedia Britannica volumes. Can you not imagine this? Let me help you: massive forge-world style map. Your team starts on one end, scarab on the other. The scarab kind of roams around on its own (or is controlled by the other team, if it makes you happy). You come in on a pelican, the sergeant is giving you a pep-talk that consists of telling you why people like you live for battles like these, and your buddy in the seat next to you, who is the arrogant-but-nice guy, is telling you that his girlfriend is waiting for him back home. And then your pelican is above the scarab.

“Showtime, marines!” The sergeant says.
Your buddy nods and has a grin on his face. This situation wouldn’t be complete without a pun.

“See you next fall.”

And then you all jump, and use jetpack to slow your decent prior to landing on the top of the scarab. The pelican is busy strafing around the scarab, trying to draw its beam and turrets off the crew. You know, the crew that will be REMEMBERED FOR THE REST OF TIME BOTH IN SONG AND IN STORY. Your buddy whips out a shotgun and runs into the depths of the scarab, and you’re trying to control the top.

It’s all going well. Textbook crap. By-the-book mission.

You controlled the top with your beam rifle and you head below-deck. Your whole 5-man crew is alive and sounding off. You head into the belly of the beast and see your buddy staring at the core.

“All we gotta do is blow this thing and we can go home,” he says.
“I know.”

“We didn’t even have to take out the knees, man.”
“I know.”

“Shouldn’t you be a little more excited than that?” He says.

You suddenly look surprised. You see a figure coming behind him. He has a fuel rod gun.

“NO!” You yell, but it’s too late. The enemy takes your buddy along with himself, and since that was his last fuel rod, you can’t even pick the weapon up. Fueled by rage, and rage alone, you melee the core until it explodes. You get the sergeant on the mic: “Sarge, we got a man down and a scarab that’s about to blow purple flames out of every single one of its -Yoinks!-, we need evac!”

“Sorry marine, I’m trying to draw this scarab’s fire and I can’t get in close enough. Jetpack to the ground and run for it!”

That would be amazing. If anything can bring poetry to a television screen, it would be a scarab being placed in Forge. It’s also not a coincidence that the scarab scenario (I would personally call it literature) also involved a Forge World-map and pelicans with passenger seats, two features discussed earlier in this post. Did I mention that I would pay money for this? As in $30?

And that’s all I got. This shouldn’t be hard to implement. I did the hardest part - I sat on a forum and threw ideas at the screen. All you guys have to do is make the models, make a map, coordinate it with each other, test it (a lot), sound effects, etc.

Ideas?

A Forge Mega-Edition map pack would wash all my 343 fears away. And then I would give them a hug.

YES, BRING BACK FORGE WORLD-- and don’t add those ridiculous kill barriers everywhere. We need a nice, big map for forging again.

I kinda like some of the ideas listed here, but I don’t know if BIG vehicles will ever become a part of multiplayer. I know there was an elephant on the Sandtrap, but actually being able to forge with them would be one of the biggest (and possibly coolest, if they did it right) changes yet. Yes, I would like it if it could be used in Custom games, but I think 343 would get a lot of negative response if it was implemented into Matchmaking. And seeing how 343 has pretty much ignored the Custom games community, I wouldn’t be optimistic about that.

And I don’t know about the Longsword, lol. With that vehicle, you could cross Forge World in about 5 seconds.

PELICAN <3 definitely need a flyable pelican … and they make huge battlefields in campaign … why not have a huge forge map!

I am a big time forge world lover, I think they need to add the fx that reach had i could make it look like night I loved that in reach, I also feel that they should combine all of the building types in all forge maps I love the impact buildings that are bad -Yoink- but the they are only for impact and that sucks, and I miss the flying v. they need to combine them all to make forge worth anything. it’s sad that the custom games you dont get much xp for.

This…This is beautiful. This is what the forums are all about. Great ideas. I hope that 343i can pull something like this off.

You voiced everything that I want in forge, I agree 150%!

Don’t let this die

Excellent ideas. This expansion needs to see the light of day. I would pay at least $30.00 for this masterpiece.

BTW, great story.

> A Forge Mega-Edition map pack would wash all my 343 fears away. And then I would give them a hug.
>
> YES, BRING BACK FORGE WORLD-- and don’t add those ridiculous kill barriers everywhere. We need a nice, big map for forging again.
>
> I kinda like some of the ideas listed here, but I don’t know if BIG vehicles will ever become a part of multiplayer. I know there was an elephant on the Sandtrap, but actually being able to forge with them would be one of the biggest (and possibly coolest, if they did it right) changes yet. Yes, I would like it if it could be used in Custom games, but I think 343 would get a lot of negative response if it was implemented into Matchmaking. And seeing how 343 has pretty much ignored the Custom games community, I wouldn’t be optimistic about that.
>
> <mark>And I don’t know about the Longsword, lol. With that vehicle, you could cross Forge World in about 5 seconds.</mark>

You know, they could edit the speed of the Broadsword so that it’s like a little faster than banshee speed, and then make it a little weaker to keep it balanced.

I could definitely see the pelican, and the hornet returning, but I don’t know about the broadsword…

BTW Please don’t let this die, i would very much like for 343i to see this.

Personally I do not miss forge world. It was great for Rube Goldburg style forge concepts or Artwork, however for actual maps it was garbage. Every map churned out on forge world looked and felt the same way, bland with no change of scenery. The same pieces, the same colors, just organized in a different fashion.

Thats what I love about halo 4’s forge and the 3 forge maps. Each map has its individual pieces that can turn every map into something uniquely different from the other forge maps.

Do I think we need a forge map that has a flat surface that gives people more options for vehicular play instead of having to forge a flat surface? Absolutely. that is the only complain I have outside of precision tuning. Otherwise, I prefer these 3 maps over forge world HANDS DOWN. Also, no frame rate lag on any of these maps compared to forge world maps.

But the 3 DLC for halo 4 is already decided and made? theyre just waiting to ship it

and they wont make more DLC since the new xbox is coming out next season, and so is halo 5, Microsoft new cash hog…

Yet another halo 1 year after another, no time for solid development

I think that having a forge world would be awesome though, or at least a forge world like map the size of impact, where you can go down to the water.

> But the 3 DLC for halo 4 is already decided and made? theyre just waiting to ship it
>
> and they wont make more DLC since the new xbox is coming out next season, and so is halo 5, Microsoft new cash hog…
>
> Yet another halo 1 year after another, no time for solid development

Maybe we can hope to see something for forge in January’s TU

> > But the 3 DLC for halo 4 is already decided and made? theyre just waiting to ship it
> >
> > and they wont make more DLC since the new xbox is coming out next season, and so is halo 5, Microsoft new cash hog…
> >
> > Yet another halo 1 year after another, no time for solid development
>
> Maybe we can hope to see something for forge in January’s TU

Map wise? probably not

But, I hope to see Zoom, Fine Edit and “Light Derping” being fixed :smiley:

how much I would love to see this done though=/

All of these suggestions sound epic. Too bad they are more than likely never going to be anything else but that…suggestions. :frowning:

I still have faith in 343i. Sometimes I feel like these last couple of months have been Halo4’s public beta. There is so much that 343i can add in future DLC. Also there is way too much room on disk 2 for just Matchmaking and Spartan Ops…

Don’t let this die!

Some of that stuff is cool but I don’t think it would work with the engine’s capabilities online.