Halo 4 Forge Ideas Post and Hope 343 Sees

Hi, I hope 343 employees sees this but anyways I have a few ideas for forge, because i think we can all agree the reach forge is a boring gray world. Feel free to post ideas and i’ll try to read through the posts everyday to update the list. ( you guys can disregard the poll that was for before my edit) To start it off:

Object customization:
-Being able to select objects material, which slightly changes object shape to give it the
style corresponding to the material, without changing functionality (ie: titanium, concrete, covenant alloy with or without hex, forerunner ornate (as in reach) and simple (as in halo 4’s wraparound map)
-Being able to change objects color (self explanatory)

Terrain Customization:
-Being able to deform terrain to create hills or indents or maybe even caves, which would enable building underground
-Bodies of water, to be able to put water in an indent to make a lake etc.
-Ground material (ie. dirt, grass, sand, pebbles, etc.)

Vehicles
-Being able to make vehicles that can’t be driven or used, just for scenery (standard vehicles as well as pelicans, phantoms, etc.)
-Pre-destroyed vehicles
-Gunless warthogs
-Vehicle guns without the vehicle (ie Scorpion guns alone as AA guns, gauss guns alone as turrets, plasma mortars as stationary artillery etc.)
-Drop pods (barricade pods suck lol)
-Every vehicle from campaign
-Falcon customization (#of passengers, pilot gun on/off, turrets grenade/MG)
-Bring back the Elephant, but make it place-able instead of map scenery

Environment
-Different environments, either same forge world with different modes or different forge worlds (desert, forest, grassy, arctic etc)
-Change time of day
-Change weather/clouds

Misc
-Customize-able decals applicable to surfaces
-Higher height limit (makes drop pods/ships cooler ;D)
-Get rid of object limit but keep budget (that way people could make a map out of 300 overshields if they wanted to)
-Ability to group (and possibly save and or copy paste) objects, so if you found out your drop ship dropped your drop pod too far from your base, you wouldn’t have to move it piece by piece)
-Buttons to open/close doors
-All weapons from previous games

That’s all i can think of for now, feel free to post if you have any ideas i can add

Thanks

It would be cool if you could do things like this. Would make for some pretty interesting maps. As for 343i employees seeing it. Not to say they won’t but alot of them frequent NEOGAF and not the H4 forums. But sometimes things happen, never know.

I’ll go with the human/covenant textures. Anything to avoid the mistake that was grey world.

Kind of like the system that deals with special effects, “Juicy/Next Gen/Old Timey/etc” except spawning orbs under the “Aesthetics” tab instead with options like “Covenant/Human/Forerunner”, etc, and the relevant theme/skin is loaded on the next round/game restart? That was my idea at first anyway.

In my opinion alternate textures are a must. I hope that you will also be able to change the setting of the map from default to desert,forest,snow,jungle,beach,unsc facility, forerunner construct and so on.

Baby Beacon, yeah that would be nice too forge world is boring lol. Majatek, I don’t exactly mean like that, because then you couldn’t make a map that is for example, a human base and a covenant base on the other side. I mean like, when you create the object, you get the option. One thing i forgot to mention is that they should non usable vehicles such as pelicans and phantoms, just for the looks

Also guys, what’s Neogaf? Also, what would be the best way to bring this to 343’s attention? Thanks

===My ideas===

(sorry if already stated)

=====FORGE=======

–no limit restriction–
so if you can afford it you can do it eg. 1000 walls or 1000 triangles instead of 500 walls and 500 triangles.

–textures–
all objects have a number of textures eg. sand wall, forerunner or forest.

–NPCs–
npcs from the game BUT only in offline local mode so it doesn’t lag

–more structures–
more structures eg. large ships for background use

–more props–
more props like; bodies, guns that don’t cause ammo increase, destroyed vehicles ect

–mission mode–
player build something in forge fills it with npcs and creates his/her own version of spartan ops.

-un-rip-off-able turrets-
turret that cant be ripped off but more powerful

-more forge pieces-

-map effects-
effects like dust, snow, mist, night(not dark) also the choice of heavy medium or light

-natural pieces-
rocks, trees, dead shrubs ect

-lights-
covenant or human

====Vehicles=====

-damage-
you will not take damage when vehicles is being shot

-all vehicles like elephant and others should be in there-

-Ghoul-
covenant transport vehicle, power between spectre(halo 2) and the wraith. holds:
1-driver
1-gunner
4-seated

-vampire-
covenant attack aircraft, kind of like the apache helicopter from battlefield 3 and other games
holds:
1- pilot/ weapon-2 fuel rode cannons
1-gunner/ weapon heavy plasma machine gun

-Badger-
a light armoured vehicle, power between mongoose and warthog
holds
1-driver/ weapon-small machine gun with a limit view of shoot range.

-Eagle-
1-pilot/small cal. machine gun/ unguided high damage missiles or air to ground bombs(Bomber)

-Wombat-
strong armour, guns designed for anti infantry, bad against vehicles, faster than a Scorpion slower than a warthog
holds:
1-pilot/medium cal explosive rounds increase fire speed/ammo
1-gunner/high cal machine gun

=====WEAPONS========

all weapons from previous games

• forerunner knights sword-
    slower but longer range than energy sword

-Combat bow-
a bow that takes time to charge up, slow arrows, instant kill

• machete -
    like energy sword but for humans

• previous-
    all weapons from past games like odst smg

-explosive charges-
throw an explosive and detonated at will

===Armour Abilities===(doesn’t have to be used in online multi-player only custom games)

-drop med-pack-
drops a med-pack on the floor that restores shield instantly

-flash-
like the flare from halo 3

-night vision-
sees in dark maps

-heat vision-
human version of forerunner vision but instead of x-ray increase vision in front

-adrenaline-
increases reload, running, grenade throw ect speed

-blend-
changes colour of user to other team

-strengthen-
increases jump hight, throw range/speed, melee damage.

-EMP dart-
shoots a dart that disables vehicle and armour ability for a short time

• laser designator-
    allows unguided rockets to lock onto vehicles and guided rockets have increased chance of direct hit

======Other===========

-forge maps-
come in snow, forest, dust, night, day ect

-more game options-
more/less objectives in invasion, lives instead of time ect

-gun camo-
like the pre-order bonus for br

-control-
load outs include armour restrictions, colour, weapon, damage, speed, health, armour abilities exclusive to that load out, vehicle damage, health, turret damage or can the turret be ripped off, ect.

(there will be alot of mistakes)

> Hi, I hope 343 employees sees this but anyways I have a few ideas for forge, because i think we can all agree the reach forge is a boring gray world. Feel free to post ideas and i’ll try to read through the posts everyday to update the list. ( you guys can disregard the poll that was for before my edit) To start it off:
>
> Object customization:
> -Being able to select objects material, which slightly changes object shape to give it the
> style corresponding to the material, without changing functionality (ie: titanium, concrete, covenant alloy with or without hex, forerunner ornate (as in reach) and simple (as in halo 4’s wraparound map)
> -Being able to change objects color (self explanatory)
>
> Terrain Customization:
> -Being able to deform terrain to create hills or indents or maybe even caves, which would enable building underground
> -Bodies of water, to be able to put water in an indent to make a lake etc.
> -Ground material (ie. dirt, grass, sand, pebbles, etc.)
>
> Vehicles
> -Being able to make vehicles that can’t be driven or used, just for scenery (standard vehicles as well as pelicans, phantoms, etc.)
> -Pre-destroyed vehicles
> -Gunless warthogs
> -Vehicle guns without the vehicle (ie Scorpion guns alone as AA guns, gauss guns alone as turrets, plasma mortars as stationary artillery etc.)
> -Drop pods (barricade pods suck lol)
>
> Environment
> -Different environments, either same forge world with different modes or different forge worlds (desert, forest, grassy, arctic etc)
> -Change time of day
> -Change weather/clouds
>
> Misc
> -Customize-able decals applicable to surfaces
> -Higher height limit (makes drop pods/ships cooler ;D)
> -Get rid of object limit but keep budget (that way people could make a map out of 300 overshields if they wanted to)
> -Ability to group (and possibly save and or copy paste) objects, so if you found out your drop ship dropped your drop pod too far from your base, you wouldn’t have to move it piece by piece)
>
>
> That’s all i can think of for now, feel free to post if you have any ideas i can add
>
>
> Thanks

I agree with all of this. Why say no to a little extra customization? It’d also make every map stand out as unique. However, I believe 343i is in “super crunch time,” so if any of your ideas haven’t already been put in, it’s probably too late.

> Hi, I hope 343 employees sees this but anyways I have a few ideas for forge, because i think we can all agree the reach forge is a boring gray world. Feel free to post ideas and i’ll try to read through the posts everyday to update the list. ( you guys can disregard the poll that was for before my edit) To start it off:
>
> Object customization:
> -Being able to select objects material, which slightly changes object shape to give it the
> style corresponding to the material, without changing functionality (ie: titanium, concrete, covenant alloy with or without hex, forerunner ornate (as in reach) and simple (as in halo 4’s wraparound map)
> -Being able to change objects color (self explanatory)
>
> Terrain Customization:
> -Being able to deform terrain to create hills or indents or maybe even caves, which would enable building underground
> -Bodies of water, to be able to put water in an indent to make a lake etc.
> -Ground material (ie. dirt, grass, sand, pebbles, etc.)
>
> Vehicles
> -Being able to make vehicles that can’t be driven or used, just for scenery (standard vehicles as well as pelicans, phantoms, etc.)
> -Pre-destroyed vehicles
> -Gunless warthogs
> -Vehicle guns without the vehicle (ie Scorpion guns alone as AA guns, gauss guns alone as turrets, plasma mortars as stationary artillery etc.)
> -Drop pods (barricade pods suck lol)
>
> Environment
> -Different environments, either same forge world with different modes or different forge worlds (desert, forest, grassy, arctic etc)
> -Change time of day
> -Change weather/clouds
>
> Misc
> -Customize-able decals applicable to surfaces
> -Higher height limit (makes drop pods/ships cooler ;D)
> -Get rid of object limit but keep budget (that way people could make a map out of 300 overshields if they wanted to)
> -Ability to group (and possibly save and or copy paste) objects, so if you found out your drop ship dropped your drop pod too far from your base, you wouldn’t have to move it piece by piece)
>
>
> That’s all i can think of for now, feel free to post if you have any ideas i can add
>
>
> Thanks

Wouldn’t it also be good if you could create your own world where theres mountains everywhere and just 1 massive mountain that’s erupting lava and the clouds are all ash and the lava is the light of the path! If someone jumps in the lava: players won’t be able to jump out, they will die by melting.

Or maybe insted of lava, what about corrosive acid? Or maybe liquid with thousands of volts? Or maybe cold slushy liquid that’s about -2000 degress celcious?

There’s so many ideas to think about for map creating. I’m excited to see what 343 has got for us on Forge! :smiley:

It should be like Hammer.

While I love your forge ideas, and think they’d be really cool, I just don’t think there’s enough space to fit Campaign, War Games, Spartan Ops, and complete map editing capabilities on 1 Disk. Also, this isn’t Minecraft, I know Forge has evolved though the years, but they aren’t going to just give us the stuff they use to make maps.

Yeah i guess your right, but anything to get away from grey world lol. I guess a lot of these things are unlikely, but i really at least want covenant/human stuff instead of all forerunner, and have an object limit but only a budget.

> ===My ideas===
>
>
> -
>
>
>
> =====WEAPONS========
>
> all weapons from previous games
>
> - forerunner knights sword-
> slower but longer range than energy sword
>
> -Combat bow-
> a bow that takes time to charge up, slow arrows, instant kill
>
> - machete -
> like energy sword but for humans
>
> - previous-
> all weapons from past games like odst smg

Me freakin’ gusta. except is the combat bow human/covie/promethean?

I’ll compile a list of the things that will make me FULLY satisfied with Halo 4’s forge mode:

-Copy and Paste feature.
-The ability to ‘weld’ two items together.
-Different sizes of elevators, similar to those in Halo Reach’s mission - ‘New Alexandria’.
-A few different forge maps with their unique objects, NOT GREY.
-Buttons that open/close certain doors.
-Automatic doors.
-I think in falcons, you should be able to go into the item properties and edit:
Turret type: Grenade launcher/Standard turret.
Number of passengers: 0/1/2/3.
Pilot turret: On/Off.
-EVERY vehicle in the game’s campaign, you should be able to put in forge.

The above would make me completely happy with Halo 4’s forge, anything else is a bonus.

I updated the list with a few of your forge ideas. I didn’t put the non forge stuff, because its not forge, but i might add it later (too lazy for now lol). Also, about the machete, it is a good idea and i would like it and so would everyone else probably, but it was already proposed fro Halo CE, but the devs took it out for some reason and decided to have the standard melee only, so i highly doubt they would bring it back. Thanks for the suggestions!

Please add this to the list:

The humongous mega-elephant we saw in the H4 teser trailer, i could imagine 343i making at least one map where that would be useful!

Yes thanks Imurph this elephant sure looks different than the halo 3 one… in a good way

u know how the unsc infinity has a training room similar to the xmen training room(danger room),well mayb thats where u forge and select ur environment/time of day/weather

they us a similar AI forge monitor

why else the unsc infinity is 3.5 miles long they have to train all those spartans

I wish Halo Forge was like Crysis (I think) where you can completely put in your own mountains and stuff that would be awesome. I know that won’t happen because it wouldn;t work out with already whats in each of the games already.