Halo 4 Forge idea: Voice control [PLEASE READ]

We all have our ridiculous ideas for Halo 4’s forge, but no one seems to have thought of the opportunities available with kinect (Please keep reading). Instead of scrolling through menus for an object you could simply say “Block 2x4” or “Initial spawn.”

It’s a simple idea that I believe would be fairly easy to incorporate, am I wrong? Anyways, what do you guys think of this idea?

A cool idea, if I had Kinect.

Honestly, I don’t want 343 to try to sell Kinect through H4. And besides, whatever way they use it it wont work. And i’m waiting for Kinect to die, if they did this it would live longer.

A dance mode with master chief would be great for kinect…

/jk

That actually sounds really cool - Not to mention it can actually be implemented…

> Honestly, I don’t want 343 to try to sell Kinect through H4. And besides, whatever way they use it it wont work. And i’m waiting for Kinect to die, if they did this it would live longer.

Whats the problem with Kinect? Just because its not Halo you automatically want it dead and forgotten about? closed minded people these days…

I personally am not a fan of kinect, i had the Wii and idk physical gaming is just strange to me xD

That being said, i don’t hate the kinect because it’s not Halo

its probably more likely too late. i game is fully complete in 3 months average before release and we have liek 6 months. to code it and animate it and so forth would actually take more time then that.

> its probably more likely too late. i game is fully complete in 3 months average before release and we have liek 6 months. to code it and animate it and so forth would actually take more time then that.

What would they need to animate for this? You just say “Block 2x4” and one spawns, there’s no animation when you spawn one from the menu, why would there be one here?

Can’t they just sell mics with voice recognition for like $30 for people who don’t want to pay $150?

Kinect is absurd and unnecessary. I want to play video games to play video games, not to dance around and wave my arms like an idiot. I’d hate to see Kinect-exclusive features in Halo.

> Kinect is absurd and unnecessary. I want to play video games to play video games, not to dance around and wave my arms like an idiot. I’d hate to see Kinect-exclusive features in Halo.

What the hell is so wrong with this idea? You don’t move around or wave your arms, you just say “Block 2x4” and it is spawned, why would you not want that as an option?