HALO 4 FORGE!! :D

First off I want to say; HHHHEEEEEELLLLZZZZ YYEEEYEEEAAAHHH!!! I also want to thank the 343 team, as well as Certain Affinity, for all their time into making the new forge a much better experience. You have NO idea how much I and others appreciate all of you!

Halogasim bros… Is ANYONE excited about this new forge 3.0 as I?! 343 has blown my expectations on improving Forge and are BRINGING it BACK! In Reach, the pieces lost their touch and weren’t as unique as in Halo3 (in my opinion at least). From watching the vids on H4 forge I must say I am STOKED!

The 3 dedicated forge levels looks superb with each having there own atmosphere (yay no more same ol boring look!

Impact: in space on a giant astroid.

Erosion: basically in a giant cavern with 3 different locations. It has that dark ambiance with light shining through the rocky ceiling.

1. a new collosium type room set up for the new griffball court.
  2. a multi-teired rocky outside excellent for O/D flag varients.
  3. a watery dungeon at the back/bottom of the rocky part.

and of course Ravine (as shown in the E3 forge vidoc), which also has a few good input changes as higher ceiling cap and a nice cutout in one of the hills making a good underground for a base or something.

Each map will have its own look. For example the forge pieces on Excile will have a UNSC structure. Of course mixed with the Dynamic lighting effect (shadows and real time lighting) this will keep things fresh and so clean.

If you didn’t catch the new weekly bulletin yesterday (or did but missed the spot where it showed the vids, you can see the new vids on new forge options, and new maps here:

For Forge mode detail:

For Forge map overview:

Both vids can be found on Gamespot.com

If you also payed close attention to the vids you will notice some of the new forge pieces. They are bringing back amazing looking tunnel structures, tunnel corners, and new buildings that have 5 way entrances (4 sides and roof). Unique pieces such as those are able to be used in many ways making it possible for very unique maps.
Also, I noticed that we no longer have a million bucks to spend (as it was in E3 even though that was just a prototype version). We now have 10,000 bucks on each of the maps they showed. No worries, from what I saw each piece is only 10 bucks, making it able to place more objects on map. This is probably due to the games new coding techniques of objects and such.

Well, this helped get some fellow forgers get as excited as I am!! :smiley: Lets all thank 343 for doing an Amazing job and for all their hard work!

Excile? you mean Impact

and it is spelled Exile.

oh yeah… hahah thanks for the correction!! I guess I had Exile on my mind. :stuck_out_tongue:

its all good.

and I too am excited for the forge maps.

It’s also spelled Ravine and not Revine.

I am curious as to how far you can go out of the map in all the Forge maps. I hear them say you can’t go that far but they are not clear on how far you can’t actually go.

I just don’t want to see those annoying 10 seconds barriers all the time…

As much as I think these maps are awesome, I just really hope there aren’t very many barriers. The maps look amazing, but also kind of restrictive. KNowing certain afinity, they love invisable walls, so the maps might not be as big as they are made out to be. None the less, for a huge forger and custom map guy, I am insanly excited. What I am curious about though is are there placeable lights? With the new dynamic lighting, having placable lights would be insanly cool (especially the fact that if you make an indoors map, it might be very dark).

I know this is shameless promotion, but here is an idea I came up with earlier. Got overlooked, but I think if they impliment it, it would make the game 10x more playable. Link to my somewhat interesting and overlooked idea. Share your thoughts?

Augh stupid spelling :stuck_out_tongue: haha… well check this out… it’s a demo PIG map they showed at the RTX at Austin, TX a while back. From this video you can go preeeeety far out. (but yeah who knows if they’ve changed it, hopefully not).

Oh,and yes that would be superb having the ability to place lights down, like the ones already on the map. You would be able to make your own shadow puppets on the wall and what not! :smiley:

dont foreget to thank certain affinity

Who the heck is certain affinity? I hear that name all the time but don’t know what or who it is.

EDIT: Forgot to quote… :stuck_out_tongue:

> Who the heck is certain affinity? I hear that name all the time but don’t know what or who it is.
>
> EDIT: Forgot to quote… :stuck_out_tongue:

Basically, the guys who made all of the Reach DLC maps and some of the Halo 4 maps. Not sure how many if its only a couple or if they were in charge of the entire map collection of Halo 4, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were. They are good map makers (if I recall, they also made Black Ops DLC maps), they just like to go a little heavy ion kill barriers and invisable walls.

YES!! FANTASTIC IDEA… that’s exactly what I’ve thought as well yo. What they could do is have a forge map pack (with like 3 forge maps) rather than 1 with every pack. This way they could still have multilayer map packs for the hard core multilayer community. There are the ones who don’t forge or customs at all (there missing out on a lot but that’s them), but they wouldn’t like to buy a map pack with a forge map they dont use, ya know? Also vise-versa, so having them separate would be more beneficial. An have an option to buy both packs for a bit cheaper price( that is if they came out the same time that is). This way people can buy what suits their interests. But great idea man. It would be awesome to have like dead body placements for some detail and you can put guns next to them rather than just out in the open… and maybe some ammo boxes.

> Who the heck is certain affinity? I hear that name all the time but don’t know what or who it is.
>
> EDIT: Forgot to quote… :stuck_out_tongue:

Certain Affinity is the gruop (not part of 343i) that created Forge for Halo 4. (probably even other things but i can’t remember what.)

the only thing that is missing from the maps, is a large box. Erosion has a box (grifball court) but it does not seem as big as the one on forge world. What I would like to see.

OH YES!! Exactly, can’t forget them. Thanks for bringing that up, I don’t want to forget them. They are a company station in TX (Austin I believe) that helped with making of forge. THANKS Certain Infinity!! And any other unmentioned groups/companies that helped establish forge/any other aspect of H4! :smiley:

Oh well…

The maps would be so much better if we could access everything. Like that Erosion would be a huge island.

You could go out at the top and saw the whole thing as an island. And you could go everywhere inside the cave.

Would’ve been so amazing! :’)

Same counts for the other maps.

> YES!! FANTASTIC IDEA… that’s exactly what I’ve thought as well yo. What they could do is have a forge map pack (with like 3 forge maps) rather than 1 with every pack. This way they could still have multilayer map packs for the hard core multilayer community. There are the ones who don’t forge or customs at all (there missing out on a lot but that’s them), but they wouldn’t like to buy a map pack with a forge map they dont use, ya know? Also vise-versa, so having them separate would be more beneficial. An have an option to buy both packs for a bit cheaper price( that is if they came out the same time that is). This way people can buy what suits their interests. But great idea man. It would be awesome to have like dead body placements for some detail and you can put guns next to them rather than just out in the open… and maybe some ammo boxes.

Well somebody brought that up in the discussion about the Forge map pack. And I think that idea is good in some cases, I also think it would be bad in others. I doubt they would release a Forge map pack before the other 3 already said to be free with Limited Edition buyers. So since every map pack comes out every 1 or 2 months, thats 3 to 6 months we would have to wait for a Forge Map pack, if not more. Foundry and Sandbox were 2 Forge maps in DLC and I did not see anyone complain about that, which is why I am confused when I see people saying they would NOT want more map variety. So going back to the Forge mpa pack, I think it would be a good idea if it was released in between the other map packs. I think waiting half a year or more just for new forge maps would be disappointing, and 1 out of the 3 new maps in the DLC’s would spark my interest in every DLC avalable, whether I have to pay for it or not.

Yeah that would be a pretty good Idea man, That and basic terrain editing (like water puddles, fog placements, hills, etc (they can be like the player trait zones but would show whats inside). Also where you can change the sky box to a different atmosphere rather than just having 3 different maps.

True, true. hmmm, yeah I wouldn’t want to wait that long either :stuck_out_tongue: well they could just release forge maps AND multiplayer maps all together but rather than just 3 itll be like 3 MP maps and 1 forge map (or one that can work for both MP/forge map like you said.

A terrain editor would be awesome, but it would also be incredibly hard include in this kind of game. Halo 4 is already pushing what the Xbox 360 can handle. Im sure when the next Halo comes out and it will probably be on the newer console, it would be possible for a terrain editor, but for now it does not look very realistic on the 360.
Also, looking at both Erosion and Impact, the pieces look similar, if not the same just with a bit different texture to them. Erosion looks dirtier and Impact looks lighter and cleaner, but the pieces themselves looks the same. I hope that both maps have different pieces, or at least different looks other than a bit of dirt added. Ravine on the other hand looks like it had forerunnerstyle architexture which is going t be sweet! I hope that all 3 of the maps share the same pieces but have different look and texture to them.

Well, I’m sure the new xbox (code named 720) will be soon. I’ve seen a leaked presentation of microsofts outlook for the xbox up until 2015 and it said they were releasing the 720 next holiday season for 299 since the tech is cheaper now and will be about 8 times stronger than the current gen xbox… but yeah the box cant handle much as is.

Yeah pretty similar, except I did see a generator looking piece that was twisting like it was activated. Did you catch that on Impact? AMAZING(finaly some movable objects)! So there is hope for unique pieces that differ on each map. We’ll see when it launches, 343 doesn’t want to spoil EVERYTHING now, haha.