Halo 4 for the PC please

I dont really understand why Bungie stopped making Halo for the PC the first halo was on the PC then later on they release the 2 on the PC. But then they just stopped… 343 Please reconsider makeing this error agian and let the PC guys get their hands on Halo 4 I mean why not. Isnt Halo 4 the start of more Halo games? might as well expand.

The new trilogy is Xbox exclusive, the old one was supposedly meant to be, until Microsoft made Halo CE on PC, which was a good port, but Gearbox changes things like the Pistol ‘bloom’ and Halo 2 Vista was a flat out horrible port in general.

The main reason as well, pirating games is a big problem these days, causes companies to make a huge loss when it comes to either doing the whole game on PC or porting it.

Halo 4 is an Xbox exclusive as stated on this page: Halo 4 Page and will remain so.

No, then it might as well be on PS3 Shudders.

Also Halo is an XBOX exclusive and a trademark, just as Uncharted and Witcher are for PS3+PC.

> The main reason as well, pirating games is a big problem these days, causes companies to make a huge loss when it comes to either doing the whole game on PC or porting it.

What people don’t seem to realise is that piracy isn’t a PC exclusive thing (And while I’m at it, developerss/publishers seem to have this idea in their head that all PC gamers are pirating scum-bags coughUbisoftcough), while I don’t recommend or condone piracy myself, you can buy a 2nd hand Xbox for about £100, you can then get that chipped and BOOM!, you have yourself an Xbox that can play pirated games, and don’t even get me started on the Wii…

For console the 2nd hand market is actually a lot worse, if you buy a 2nd hand game NONE of the money even goes to the Developers/Publishers, and people buying second hand games is a lot more common that PC piracy.

And about the money thing, Alan Wake was ported over to the PC a few weeks ago and it turned a profit in just 2 days!

> No, then it might as well be on PS3 Shudders.
>
> Also Halo is an XBOX exclusive and a trademark, just as Uncharted and Witcher are for PS3+PC.

First of all, Halo can still be a Microsoft exclusive, look at Games for Windows LIVE (Which is soon being changed to Xbox LIVE for the PC), Halo 2 Vista was on that service.

Secondly The Witcher is moving to Xbox soon (Just in-case you cared)

Personally having the PC as a supported platform is good for any game, as developers can finally design a game the way they want, without the tech limitations of the 7 year old 360/PS3. Halo 4 is designed for 720p and FXAA, 720p! A good gaming PC can handle 1080p onwards(If you own he right screen) and you can make everything look downright better anyway! If Halo 4 ever came out on PC it would be an instant by for me, and many other PC gamers (Which would in turn generate a lot of $$$).

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > The main reason as well, pirating games is a big problem these days, causes companies to make a huge loss when it comes to either doing the whole game on PC or porting it.
>
> What people don’t seem to realise is that piracy isn’t a PC exclusive thing (And while I’m at it, developerss/publishers seem to have this idea in their head that all PC gamers are pirating scum-bags coughUbisoftcough), while I don’t recommend or condone piracy myself, you can buy a 2nd hand Xbox for about £100, you can then get that chipped and BOOM!, you have yourself an Xbox that can play pirated games, and don’t even get me started on the Wii…
>
> And about the money thing, Alan Wake was ported over to the PC a few weeks ago and it turned a profit in just 2 days!
> http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-20-alan-wake-pc-makes-money-back-in-48-hours
>
>
>
> > No, then it might as well be on PS3 Shudders.
> >
> > Also Halo is an XBOX exclusive and a trademark, just as Uncharted and Witcher are for PS3+PC.
>
> First of all, Halo can still be a Microsoft exclusive, look at Games for Windows LIVE (Which is soon being changed to Xbox LIVE for the PC), Halo 2 Vista was on that service.
>
> Secondly The Witcher is moving to Xbox soon (Just in-case you cared)
>
>
> Personally having the PC as a supported platform is good for any game, as developers can finally design a game the way they want, without the tech limitations of the 7 year old 360/PS3. Halo 4 is designed for 720p and FXAA, 720p! A good gaming PC can handle 1080p onwards(If you own he right screen) and you can make everything look downright better anyway! If Halo 4 ever came out on PC it would be an instant by for me, and many other PC gamers (Which would in turn generate a lot of $$$).

XBOX exclusive. If Halo goes to anywhere else, then I want Uncharted, God of War, every single game on PS3 and PC to be on XBOX as well. And if your such a PC fanboy, why are you on a Halo Forum? It’s obvious how much you -Yoink- over it, kinda obvious where the trolls are coming from now.

>

XBOX exclusive. If Halo goes to anywhere else, then I want Uncharted, God of War, every single game on PS3 and PC to be on XBOX as well. And if your such a PC fanboy, why are you on a Halo Forum? It’s obvious how much you Yoink! over it, kinda obvious where the trolls are coming from now.
[/quote]
So what you’re saying is that I cannot possibly enjoy playing on 2 platforms? Is that so unheard of? Game exclusiveity is BAD, it always has been, it limits the amount of games that get sold, it forces people to buy consoles that they don’t want, just so they can play games that they do want (ie Halo), i would be glad to see games like Uncharted, God of War ect to come to all platform so more people can enjoy the content that is created, without having to by Platform X to play it. And why do you think I’m a troll? Just because I stated my opinion on the matter?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> XBOX exclusive. If Halo goes to anywhere else, then I want Uncharted, God of War, every single game on PS3 and PC to be on XBOX as well.

Sony are more stuck up than Microsoft, so that most likely wont happen.

> And if your such a PC fanboy, why are you on a Halo Forum? It’s obvious how much you Yoink! over it, kinda obvious where the trolls are coming from now.

And you’re a Console Elitist scum bag. And OP is here because he is a HALO FAN, and guess what, there is a ton of Halo fans who play the PC version of Halo, most of whom really don’t want the Xbox. If any one here is a troll, it’s you, leave the PC gamers alone, we are not bad people, we just want to enjoy Halo to.

The PC ports they did make were not all that good so 343 is probably going to stick just to Xbox.

>

Yay, it seems I am not alone on these forums :slight_smile:

Wow a couple of you are crazy. First off, Halo is a Microsoft brand, as is Xbox, so technically Halo could end up on anything that Microsoft supports.

Next, Uncharted/God of War/Little Big Plant/Resistance/etc…are all Sony owned brands, therefore they will never show up on anything other than Sony supported devices.

Finally, the Witcher 2 is coming to the 360, not the PS3. CD Projekt RED, the guys who make The Witcher series, are building the version specifically for the Xbox because of how similar the 360 is to a PC. Get your facts straight.

But back to the OT, Halo 3 and on won’t ever be out for the PC due to the fact that Microsoft is very much against piracy. Halo CE when released for the PC was pirated very heavily, and from a business standpoint, that’s a loss of money. So why go to a platform you have less control over in the PC vs the 360 which is a closed platform.

>

No, this isn’t the first thread asking for a PC version of Halo 4, nor will it be the last. And as normal, there will be hates and there will be Console Elitists who posts “NO”.

> The PC ports they did make were not all that good so 343 is probably going to stick just to Xbox.

I completely disagree with the PC port of Halo CE. The modding community took that game and built one of the funnest experiences I have ever had playing a Halo game. There is a lot to offer on the PC, but there are even more pirates.

> > The PC ports they did make were not all that good so 343 is probably going to stick just to Xbox.
>
> I completely disagree with the PC port of Halo CE. The modding community took that game and built one of the funnest experiences I have ever had playing a Halo game. There is a lot to offer on the PC, but there are even more pirates.

Yeah, the community for the Custom Edition community has been going strong for a long time, even longer than some of the communities for the Xbox version.

2 reasons it will prolly never happen…

1. Halo 1 and 2 didn’t have HD versions because they were on the original Xbox. This was a way if getting an HD version out there that people were begging for.

2. Halo is meant to sell Xbox consoles, wouldn’t make sense to sell it on PC or they would lose at least some portion of the people buying it for Xbox. I am one of the people that only have Xbox for Halo.

In all honest, it’s not going to happen. As everyone has been saying, its an xbox exclusive game. Just another reason why Xbox is better than Ps3 =]

if halo4 is going to be on the PC then they should provide us with tools to script our own custom gametypes like they can!

Halo 4 for the 3DS please

/facepalm /thread

Halo is an Xbox exclusive they are owned it won’t come to the PC unless it is sold which is HIGHLY unlikely it it would be like PS3 selling Uncharted,Killzone or Resistance company’s tend to keep exclusives to give people a reason to buy a their system, Halo was the reason i got a 360 to begin with.

> Halo 4 for the 3DS please
>
> /facepalm /thread

Ahem, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Ow_WVbE8E, Bet you didn’t expect that now did you!

> 1. Halo 1 and 2 didn’t have HD versions because they were on the original Xbox. This was a way if getting an HD version out there that people were begging for.

Dude… We’re not talking about that…

> 2. Halo is meant to sell Xbox consoles, wouldn’t make sense to sell it on PC or they would lose at least some portion of the people buying it for Xbox. I am one of the people that only have Xbox for Halo.

There is already two Halo games on the PC, Halo PC/Custom Edition, and Halo 2 Vista. And yes! You are, I own an Xbox for more than just Halo, this isn’t the original Xbox, the 360 has more games for it than just Halo.
And even if they lose a portion of sells for Xbox Version, they will makes the same sells from the PC version.