halo 4 for the next gen xbox??

there are a lot of rumors going around that the next gen xbox is going to be released next holiday season. If this is true, i hope halo 4 is being designed for the new system and not the 360. having halo 4 as a release game with the new gen xbox would be huge!

there are a lot of rumors about the next xbox but this article got me thinking about this possibility because if it is true, halo 4 and and the next gen xbox would be coming out at around the same time.

Thoughts?

just rumours, more likely the next xbox will be released during 2013 or 2014

Pfft. I’m not buying a new console just to play Halo 4, if that’s the case then Microsoft can go to hell, same as Halo.

I can’t afford a new Xbox. Economic crisis. New technology can wat.

No new console in 2012. XBOX NEXT is Rumored for 2013. which will be halo 5 and 6.

I’m a little worried for Halo (After Halo 4) because of this Xbox. Rumors are swirling that MS is taking a family approach and releasing a cheaper version.

I don’t like Kinect and I don’t want to hold an imaginary gun at a screen and I feel like that’s what MS is aiming for in the next few years. Simulation.

Really? I haven’t heard that rumor anywhere. I know the follow up to the wii is coming out next year, and Microsoft will likely want to play catch up…so expect an announcement about the 360’s successor at E3 next year with a release of 2013.

> I’m a little worried for Halo (After Halo 4) because of this Xbox. Rumors are swirling that MS is taking a family approach and releasing a cheaper version.
>
> I don’t like Kinect and I don’t want to hold an imaginary gun at a screen and I feel like that’s what MS is aiming for in the next few years. Simulation.

They won’t. They can’t make money like that. Or I will kill them.

I honestly hope not, just yet anyway.

I need another Halo where i can play to my hearts more than content and till the disk admits its dead. If i was told i had to wait until the next gen console was released until we got another Halo game (I’m talking about fresh content, not remakes, nothing against Halo: Ann :D) a bit more than a little of me would straight up die.

Don’t get me wrong after Halo 4 i would love and probably expect to see 5 and 6 on the next console. I also do not want a Halo every year like some other franchises do. I would just prefer to have a completely new Halo to satisfy me and my time while and hopefully the next gen console arrives sooner than anticipated.

I just got the Xbox Slim in September for my birthday. My dad would kill me if I asked for another Xbox.

> I honestly hope not, just yet anyway.
>
> I need another Halo where i can play to my hearts more than content and till the disk admits its dead. If i was told i had to wait until the next gen console was released until we got another Halo game (I’m talking about fresh content, not remakes, nothing against Halo: Ann :D) a bit more than a little of me would straight up die.
>
> Don’t get me wrong after Halo 4 i would love and probably expect to see 5 and 6 on the next console. I also do not want a Halo every year like some other franchises do. I would just prefer to have a completely new Halo to satisfy me and my time while and hopefully the next gen console arrives sooner than anticipated.

Yeah I hope after Halo 4, MS takes a break releasing a game every year.
2009 ODST
2010 Reach
2011 Halo CEA
2012 Halo 4

> I’m a little worried for Halo (After Halo 4) because of this Xbox. Rumors are swirling that MS is taking a family approach and releasing a cheaper version.
>
> I don’t like Kinect and I don’t want to hold an imaginary gun at a screen and I feel like that’s what MS is aiming for in the next few years. Simulation.

i dont think they are that stupid. nintendo tried the family only thing with the wii and it really hurt them. and how long has the 360 been out? hasn’t it been awhile, i think its time to bring on the next gen at 2013 at the latest.

Hmmm… If Halo 4 comes out on the 360 then when the new Xbox is released, it would be called rushed and wasted potential… but if H4 comes out on the new Xbox it would be considered a Microsoft grab for money.

I hope H4 comes out on the 360, because then I’ll have no reason to buy the next Xbox until Halo 5 or some other great game comes out. Either way, I’m definately not buying the new Xbox until around 6 months later to avoid all that crap with the 360 when it first came out.

It will be for the 360.

> No new console in 2012. XBOX NEXT is Rumored for 2013. which will be halo 5 and 6.

Halo 5 won’t come out a year after Halo 4.

Halo 4 will come out on the 360. There is the chance that it will also come out on the next console. Lets say the next xbox comes out in 2012. halo 4 could also be a launch title for the nextbox, that would both increase profit for halo 4 and it would push sales of the next xbox. Or if the new xbox doesnt come out till 2013 or 2014 halo 4 could be ported to it as a launch title. This version could have in addition to better graphics, all dlc and extra content. this could add another 3-5 million sales for halo 4.

There is zero chance the next Xbox comes out in 2012–none, nada.

Bioshock Infinite, Halo 4, and Grand Theft Auto V are set for the 360. That should tell you enough. There is no way Microsoft outshines those current gen titles with new hardware next Christmas. Not to mention that MS can’t get developer support for the console without announcing it at least a year in advance. They may announce it next summer.

While there is a fair chance Microsoft will make some mention of the next Xbox at E3, but Halo 4 has already been announced as a 360 title.

That said, I can pretty much guarantee you that Halo 5 will be released for the next system.

> There is zero chance the next Xbox comes out in 2012–none, nada.
>
> Bioshock Infinite, Halo 4, and Grand Theft Auto V are set for the 360. That should tell you enough. There is no way Microsoft outshines those current gen titles with new hardware next Christmas. Not to mention that MS can’t get developer support for the console without announcing it at least a year in advance. They may announce it next summer.

Thats not true at all nope, nada. the xbox 360 was announced and released within a 6 month time frame.In addition to that 2004 was the original xbox’s best selling year and they still released the 360 the next year. THERE ARE ZERO REASONS WHY IT COULDNT HAPPEN AGAIN. first of all they never said halo 4 wont come on the new console just that it will be on the 360. Secondly third party title releases are absolutly irrelevent to when the new consoles come out. Anyway bioshock infinate comes out in the begining of the year and gta will probably come out in summer.

> there are a lot of rumors going around that the next gen xbox is going to be released next holiday season. If this is true, i hope halo 4 is being designed for the new system and not the 360. having halo 4 as a release game with the new gen xbox would be huge!
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/news/new-xbox-console-planned-for-holiday-2012-6344594?tag=updates%3Beditor%3Ball%3Btitle%3B4
>
> there are a lot of rumors about the next xbox but this article got me thinking about this possibility because if it is true, halo 4 and and the next gen xbox would be coming out at around the same time.
>
> Thoughts?

you do realize that the Halo 4 teaser has an xbox 360 logo at the end right?