Halo 4 Feels Like A Beta

Has anyone else noticed this?

The game just feels, unfinished.

In every aspect of War Games, i feel as if something is just not right.

Maybe it’s the crippling lag and endless host migrations

Maybe it’s the terribly unbalanced weapons, especially the DMR/BOLTSHOT

Maybe it’s the complete lack of fileshare, a feature that shipped at launch with Halo games since Halo 3

Maybe it’s the absence of forge maps in War Games

Discuss below.

you know you forget the fact of Campaign and Spartan Ops, both being amazing and is a massive part of a halo game, it doesnt just revolve around war games, halo 4 has its problems with multiplayer, but a beta? are you serious?

Every game has lag problems, that said, I haven’t encountered much lag at all.

They’re not unbalanced.

That’s being fixed

Forge maps are being added in early 2013

> you know you forget the fact of Campaign and Spartan Ops, both being amazing and is a massive part of a halo game, it doesnt just revolve around war games, halo 4 has its problems with multiplayer, but a beta? are you serious?

Im not talking about Spops or campaign.

Multiplayer plays like the Reach Beta with all this lag.

Yes, i am serious.

> Every game has lag problems, that said, I haven’t encountered much lag at all.
>
> They’re not unbalanced.
>
> That’s being fixed
>
> Forge maps are being added in early 2013

DMR and Boltshot are unbalanced.

The fact that it’s being fixed doesn’t make his topic wrong. They were able to finish that same feature in earlier games.

The lag is crazy.

Halo 4 is a beta.

> > Every game has lag problems, that said, I haven’t encountered much lag at all.
> >
> > They’re not unbalanced.
> >
> > That’s being fixed
> >
> > Forge maps are being added in early 2013
>
> DMR and Boltshot are unbalanced.
>
> The fact that it’s being fixed doesn’t make his topic wrong. They were able to finish that same feature in earlier games.
>
> The lag is crazy.
>
> Halo 4 is a beta.

Pretty much.

Added poll to OP

Spartan Ops is a -Yoink-, quick Firefight with voice overs.

[deleted]

> im really disappointed with how halo 4 turned out… there are so many issues with it (even appart from the core gameplay), yet 343 is not even communicating with us!
>
> i assume they released it in this state so they can profit of the holiday sales…sad

I feel that way too

It may feel like a beta to some but it’s not a beta…obviously.

Someone doesn’t remember Halo 2…

> It may feel like a beta to some but it’s not a beta…obviously.

Feels like it i said.

You must not play many video games… All games need updates… Take this from a 8 to a 3…

yea it feels like a beta, with all the short and cut features,but gameplay is fine except some balancing problems

> You must not play many video games… All games need updates… Take this from a 8 to a 3…

Ive been playing games non stop for the last 11 years of my life

Never before have i seen a professional company release a game so rushed and poorly tested. This is what the Halo 4 beta would have felt like had they been bothered to release it.

> you know you forget the fact of Campaign and Spartan Ops, both being amazing and is a massive part of a halo game, it doesnt just revolve around war games, halo 4 has its problems with multiplayer, but a beta? are you serious?

Thats a fair point the campaign though short is polished and amazingly good to look at and hear and Spartan ops is a pretty cool bonus.

It was absolutely beta quality at launch.

Proof?

The freaking HOLE in the wall in Complex! A finished game does not have HOLES in WALLS you can go through like a ghost! The fact that was there so long proves Halo 4 was only at a beta test level at launch in my opinion.

Not all games need updates, only recent ones. Take a look at the entire library of games on the SNES, Playstation, and N64. Games needing updates is a recent trend, and bad one at that.

As for Halo 4, yes, it feels like it’s still in beta. Many of the multiplayer game types that we all know and love are missing, standard options for custom games are missing, weapon balance is still a problem, and by far the campaign is the shortest of any Halo game including Halo Wars.

One thing I’m particularly irritated with is what they’ve done with the specializations and armor types.

For the specializations the only way you can have access to them all is if you spent the extra money for the special edition, or if you played during the first month of release. Here it is about five weeks after release and they haven’t released anything more significant than adding SWAT, no other specializations for those that bought the game last week of even on into the future.

As for the armor types, they’ve got multiple armor sets that can only be unlocked if you preordered the game from a specific store, or by playing another game which requires you to buy merchandise from 711. By doing this, 343i made it clear that they’re less concerned with the community, or doing good service to the franchise, than they are with making money.

Beta. Definitely beta.