Halo 4 Fan-created Heads Up Display!

Well, I noticed a fake, leaked image of a H.U.D. It inspired me to make one myself. I used Adobe Photoshop. I like it, obviously because I made it. lol. But, seriously. I wouldn’t say it’s a game play H.U.D. It seems more like something you would see in a movie. But feel free to critique!

This is a H.U.D. You would see in a movie, the one for the game, is somewhere else (Down)

By the way the Movie H.U.D. Isn’t here. It’s here

Also, Let me explain what everything is exactly.

Top left: Grenade Indicator, Those two squares are the Plasma and Frag.

Bottom left. The Motion Sensor is pretty obvious. The object above it is your Health.

Middle Top: Shield Energy.

Middle: Reticle, or Cursor.

Top Right: Ammo and Gun information.

Square thingy with letters spelling, Unknown Object: That is the Waypoint, like in Custom games.

The black thing that is going up: Forerunner Ship.

Have a nice day!

Now this is a more game feeling, I guess, I try. Anyway here… Oh yeah! It’s over here

So all the H.U.D.'s I have made so far are
Movie,
Game,
Game2.

wow, great work! Can you change the color to dark orange or green or blue, also make the player model have Halo Reach AR? Other than that, looks outstanding!

This proves how easy it is to make a realistic HUD, thats fake. Dont trust the internet kiddies

whoa, that water and those rocks look AMAZING!!!

Nice HUD, it should be blue though, IMO

> whoa, that water and those rocks look AMAZING!!!
>
> Nice HUD, it should be blue though, IMO

Really? I thought of Gold because his Visor is gold. IMO!

But It’ll take a couple minutes to change to blue, but I’m a little tired.

The HUD is too distracting, you NEVER want that it a game. You always want to HUD to be clean and steam lined.

> The HUD is too distracting, you NEVER want that it a game. You always want to HUD to be clean and steam lined.

Exactly why I said, More of a Movie type feel.

Wow, tho it’s very distracting with some of that stuff on the HUD, but it does remind me of a few HUDs, a mix between Crysis 2’s visor mod, Deus EX HR’s xray mode, and the syndicate’s HUD, it has a ton of information in it. It would be a great HUD for movies and live action trailers, but for the game, you don’t want too much on the HUD, unless you limit when some information is seen, like in Crysis 2, the visor mode has to be active for you to be able to mark targets, and see what weapons they are armed with.

Also life bar should be green. Maybe even add a spartan model that indicates damage taken to certain parts of the body, and color indicating health overall position. It would be like this http://designingthenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/interface_ironman25.jpg

No offence but I would kill myself if this is what the HUD looked like

The hud is supposed to immerse you. Its supposed to be like you’re actually in a suit of mjolnir. We know the spartans got all sorts of info on their hud. Minimalist is fine if its supposed to simulate bare eyes, but in this case it’s supposed to simulate a helmet with all sorts of info on it.

On a more related note, the hud you posted makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

> The hud is supposed to immerse you. Its supposed to be like you’re actually in a suit of mjolnir. We know the spartans got all sorts of info on their hud. Minimalist is fine if its supposed to simulate bare eyes, but in this case it’s supposed to simulate a helmet with all sorts of info on it.
>
> On a more related note, the hud you posted makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

Well If you read the Post, This is what a hud would look like in a movie. I will make a more game play style HUD. If you wish.

I like the whole design, but it should be blue, to give the original Halo feeling

I really really like that. The radar, especially, caught my attention. Great work!

I’d love a H.U.D like this for Campaign, it would look AMAZING! But for Multi-Player, I would prefer something like the previous Halo games. Simple and easy.

I really like your HUD and I don’t mind how distracting it is to me XD really, but this gave me an idea… I thought that it’d be cool if we could change the color of our HUD in the options or something, since I would prefer like a neon green color XD…

Well, I’ve seen a lot of positive feedback. And I just have to say, Thanks Guys!

But, I’ve also heard the, It’s too distracting, and I agree 98%! So this one is a Movie H.U.D. I will be making a video game H.U.D. Or at least try. Anyway maybe today or tomorrow I’ll release one, if you guys wish,

Have a nice day!

Words cannot describe how beautiful that HUD layout is!

> Well, I’ve seen a lot of positive feedback. And I just have to say, Thanks Guys!
>
> But, I’ve also heard the, It’s too distracting, and I agree 98%! So this one is a Movie H.U.D. <mark>I will be making a video game H.U.D. Or at least try</mark>. Anyway maybe today or tomorrow I’ll release one, if you guys wish,
>
> Have a nice day!

Please and Thankyou

Also, the colour of your H.U.D reminds me of the early Halo: Reach version. It was Yellow too.

Looks very cool. Personally, I wouldn’t mind a fairly busy HUD for campaign, as they seem to be portrayed that way in the novels. Obviously, for multiplayer, I’d like it fairly simple, similar to the past games, so things don’t get too distracting.

Great work, I’d like to see your video game HUD, when it’s done.