Halo 4 - Fall Damage

This pertains to all Halo games. There should never be fall damage whatsoever. I have a simple canon answer to this BS - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XkYEnc4I_no#t=30s

If the Chief can survive THAT, we can fall for 100 damn feet and still survive…

Glad someone gets the message!!!

Thank You

Master Chief was able to survive that fall because he used a door from the Dreadnought as a reentry shield, and didn’t he have to lock his armor? Even then, he almost died.

Fall damage is horrible. 343, remove please.

there was no fall damage in Halo 3 so there should not be on Halo 4, but if there is then i dont know what -Yoink- are you smoking 343i!!

AA wen’t in Halo 3, yet look what we have…

Damn, somebody needs to put propellers on mjolnir armor.

Or teach spartans to swim.

> Master Chief was able to survive that fall because he used a door from the Dreadnought as a reentry shield, and didn’t he have to lock his armor? Even then, he almost died.

I think he needed the Dreadnoughts doors because he was ditching a huge object already falling in atmosphere. Look at Noble 6, Jorge gave him dog tags, not a metal door.

> there was no fall damage in Halo 3 so there should not be on Halo 4, but if there is then i dont know what -Yoink!- are you smoking 343i!!

Wow dude… would you get upset over video game? It’s for entertainment, and remember that.

Lag causing post bs.

Double post.

> > Master Chief was able to survive that fall because he used a door from the Dreadnought as a reentry shield, and didn’t he have to lock his armor? Even then, he almost died.
>
> I think he needed the Dreadnoughts doors because he was ditching a huge object already falling in atmosphere. Look at Noble 6, Jorge gave him dog tags, not a metal door.

Noble Six had the Re-Entry pack.

Here’s what the Halo Re-Entry packs do:

http://www.halopedian.com/images/c/c1/Maria_Reentry.jpg

And here is what the Chief did:

http://www.halopedian.com/images/5/52/S117returnstoEarth2552.jpg

Why do people hate fall damage so much? I think it´s great, it prevents people from cheaply running away.

Who knows, maybe fall damage applies to Spartan Iv’s as a canon thing. Just an idea that I doubt too.

> > > Master Chief was able to survive that fall because he used a door from the Dreadnought as a reentry shield, and didn’t he have to lock his armor? Even then, he almost died.
> >
> > I think he needed the Dreadnoughts doors because he was ditching a huge object already falling in atmosphere. Look at Noble 6, Jorge gave him dog tags, not a metal door.
>
> Noble Six had the Re-Entry pack.

I always forget about that damn Re-Entry Pack. Still, no fall damage is much more fun.

Maybe, we will normally have no fall damage, but when something is intended to be high enough to kill you(for exp the spire), there will be a fall damage zone, once you touch it fall damage activates.

I think making the screen have a red tinge would be a good indication that the fall effected the player.

No matter how 343 makes it, in CG it should be optional. I can’t remember if it already is or not.

> > > Master Chief was able to survive that fall because he used a door from the Dreadnought as a reentry shield, and didn’t he have to lock his armor? Even then, he almost died.
> >
> > I think he needed the Dreadnoughts doors because he was ditching a huge object already falling in atmosphere. Look at Noble 6, Jorge gave him dog tags, not a metal door.
>
> Noble Six had the Re-Entry pack.
>
> Here’s what the Halo Re-Entry packs do:
>
> http://www.halopedian.com/images/c/c1/Maria_Reentry.jpg
>
> And here is what the Chief did:
>
> http://www.halopedian.com/images/5/52/S117returnstoEarth2552.jpg

The pic of the spartan with the pack. Whats that from? One of the Halo graphic novels right?

it just angers me that it’s back. i thought for sure it would be gone since it wasn’t in halo 3. i hated it in reach. and i swear if that stupid effect where it pauses you if you take fall damage is still in then i’ll… make an angry thread. no but seriously, that and bloom where the things that annoyed me most in reach.

> > there was no fall damage in Halo 3 so there should not be on Halo 4, but if there is then i dont know what -Yoink!- are you smoking 343i!!
>
> Wow dude… would you get upset over video game? It’s for entertainment, and remember that.

yea i know its entertainment but its more than that, to me its one of the best games ever and i hate to see how little by little it gets screw up, First loadouts, then armor abilities, so okay i know halo has to evolve so that was fine to me, but then skins? fall damage when we didnt have it on halo 2 and 3? then killcams

> it just angers me that it’s back. i thought for sure it would be gone since it wasn’t in halo 3. i hated it in reach. and i swear if that stupid effect where it pauses you if you take fall damage then i’ll… make an angry thread. no but seriously, that and bloom where the things that annoyed me most in reach.

ITS BACK??!?!? WHEN THE -Yoink- WAS THIS CONFIRMED?!?!!?

If fall damage comes back then it shouldn’t be so damn easy to trigger, we should be able to fall from a least slightly greater heights. Also, that pause if you get significantly effected was more aggravating and crippling then bloom. If we hit the ground hard, we should hunch over for a split second, then pop back up, but even while hunched we should be able to move. Being stuck for a second while being shot at and not being able to turn the -Yoink- around to shoot back, if it weren’t for how rare it was, it would have been one o the top things on my list of why Halo Reach sucked.

Hope there isn’t fall damage. However, you know how limited it would be if Reach didn’t have fall damage? Imagine jumping off of the Spire and surviving every single time? I don’t know, maybe there should be fall damage after all.

> This pertains to all Halo games. There should never be fall damage whatsoever. I have a simple canon answer to this BS - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XkYEnc4I_no#t=30s
>
> If the Chief can survive THAT, we can fall for 100 damn feet and still survive…
>
> Glad someone gets the message!!!
>
> Thank You

In multiplayer, gameplay should always be above canon.