Halo 4 Falcon vs Hornet. (Read Before Voting)

Hey everyone, gamertag Vampyre0422 here! Alrighty then! I have been seeing debates scattered around the forums about how the falcon is coming back to halo 4 and that people think the hornet should come back, and some think that both should come back. so I am gonna display the goods and bads of each and let you guys decide!

Falcon

Good

Ok, lets face it, the falcon was AMAZING in the campaign

Good top speed

Good at strafing

There were 2 different turret variants (grenade and Mini-gun)

There was a forward mounted gun that didn’t force the pilot to rely on his/her gunners

simple flying controls

result: Good covenant flying vehicles and anti air weaponry counter part

Bad

Slow acceleration

The falcon was totally NERFED in multiplayer!

There was no forward mounted gun in multiplayer, customs, and forge

There was only the mini-gun turrets for the gunners in multiplayer, customs, and forge

Forced The pilot to rely solely on his/her gunners in multiplayer, customs, and forge

Result: Earned the name “'Hog of the skies” and became a flying death trap

Hornet

Good

Was amazing in both campaign AND multiplayer

Allowed the pilot the opportunity to save himself if there was no passengers

Faster acceleration than the falcon

forward mounted machine guns and MISSLES! :smiley:

Good top speed, but not as good as the falcons.

Result: good covenant flying and anti air vehicle counter part

Bad

ONLY the pilots had unlimited ammo capabilities

Passengers in the hornet are pretty much pointless unless they have a Rocket Launcher, Spartan Laser, Etc.

Weak strafing

The aim up/down to ascend/descend was difficult and annoying for some players

Result: Awesome for pilots, death trap for passengers.

**Over all results:**To be decided

Now in my opinion The Falcon should come back with its forward mounted gun in all gametypes and should have the option in forge and customs to have a grenade or a mini-gun gunner falcon (or even better allow the gunners to switch between the two on the fly-no pun intended-and not have to worry about having multiple falcon variants)to allow the falcon to be the the covenant aircraft and anti aircraft counter part, and The Hornet should come back, and at least give passengers unlimited ammo and allow them to get off fully stocked, to be the Promethean aircraft and anti aircraft (assuming there is any) counterpart.

What do you all think? Just The Falcon? Just The Hornet? Both? Or do you not care either way?

If you know how to fly them, they’re both very amazing vehicles. Falcons are just support kinda a vehicles and Hornets were all about attacking if you were the pilot.

> If you know how to fly them, they’re both very amazing vehicles. Falcons are just support kinda a vehicles and Hornets were all about attacking if you were the pilot.

I know all of this, but I still can have my opinion, and at least I provided a valid argument for people to go by and make their decisions on instead of bashing! if you read my entire post you would know that I do enjoy both vehicles :smiley: they are flip sides of the same coin, but I do have my opinions as I am sure you do as well.

I want both back. Falcon made you rely on passengers, Hornet on yourself. As long as the Hornet comes back with Missiles in Mp, I’m all for it.

do you think that if this gets enough votes 343 will see it? anyways, be sure to read the argument before you vote :smiley:

The hornets were useless in multiplayer! Falcon all the way baby.

> The hornets were useless in multiplayer! Falcon all the way baby.

the hornets were a good banshee counterpart! and they worked good on land vehicles too! just bring em both back, make everyone happy! :smiley:

> The hornets were useless in multiplayer! Falcon all the way baby.

what level has mankind sunk to? The hornets were great! The only bad thing about them was that they weren’t used in MM often enough.

Both vehicles have their advantages and I hope both make a return

> > The hornets were useless in multiplayer! Falcon all the way baby.
>
> 0.0
>
> what level has mankind sunk to? The hornets were great! The only bad thing about them was that they weren’t used in MM often enough.

Wait what? Hornets were the best they had missiles and gun turrets and if you did it right you can take on anything except that devious Spartan Laser. I don’t know what matchmaking games you were playing -_-

> > The hornets were useless in multiplayer! Falcon all the way baby.
>
> 0.0
>
> what level has mankind sunk to? The hornets were great! The only bad thing about them was that they weren’t used in MM often enough.
>
> Both vehicles have their advantages and I hope both make a return

agreed… whats MM?

> > > The hornets were useless in multiplayer! Falcon all the way baby.
> >
> > 0.0
> >
> > what level has mankind sunk to? The hornets were great! The only bad thing about them was that they weren’t used in MM often enough.
> >
> > Both vehicles have their advantages and I hope both make a return
>
> agreed… whats MM?

MM means multiplayer matchmaking

> > > > The hornets were useless in multiplayer! Falcon all the way baby.
> > >
> > > 0.0
> > >
> > > what level has mankind sunk to? The hornets were great! The only bad thing about them was that they weren’t used in MM often enough.
> > >
> > > Both vehicles have their advantages and I hope both make a return
> >
> > agreed… whats MM?
>
> MM means multiplayer matchmaking

ok, thanks, i figured it had something to do with MP, but wasnt sure

cmon, keep the posts and votes coming! :smiley:

One mistake in your OP: The Falcon is faster than both the Hornet and the Banshee with boost enabled. The Falcon is the fastest flying vehicle in Halo multiplayer. Test it and see for yourself if you don’t believe me.

> One mistake in your OP: The Falcon is faster than both the Hornet and the Banshee with boost enabled. The Falcon is the fastest flying vehicle in Halo multiplayer. Test it and see for yourself if you don’t believe me.

i am aware that the falcon is the fastest, but it has slow acceleration. read my entire post again, more carefully this time.

> > One mistake in your OP: The Falcon is faster than both the Hornet and the Banshee with boost enabled. The Falcon is the fastest flying vehicle in Halo multiplayer. Test it and see for yourself if you don’t believe me.
>
> i am aware that the falcon is the fastest, but it has slow acceleration. read my entire post again, more carefully this time.

You stated that the hornet was faster than the falcon.

> > > One mistake in your OP: The Falcon is faster than both the Hornet and the Banshee with boost enabled. The Falcon is the fastest flying vehicle in Halo multiplayer. Test it and see for yourself if you don’t believe me.
> >
> > i am aware that the falcon is the fastest, but it has slow acceleration. read my entire post again, more carefully this time.
>
> You stated that the hornet was faster than the falcon.

no, i said that the hornet was fast, but not as fast as the falcon, open your eyes dude, acceleration is different than top speed, hornet has a faster acceleration (time to get to top speed) but a lower top speed than a falcon.

> > > > One mistake in your OP: The Falcon is faster than both the Hornet and the Banshee with boost enabled. The Falcon is the fastest flying vehicle in Halo multiplayer. Test it and see for yourself if you don’t believe me.
> > >
> > > i am aware that the falcon is the fastest, but it has slow acceleration. read my entire post again, more carefully this time.
> >
> > You stated that the hornet was faster than the falcon.
>
> no, i said that the hornet was fast, but not as fast as the falcon, open your eyes dude, acceleration is different than top speed, hornet has a faster acceleration (time to get to top speed) but a lower top speed than a falcon.

Oh lol, my mistake.

> > > > > One mistake in your OP: The Falcon is faster than both the Hornet and the Banshee with boost enabled. The Falcon is the fastest flying vehicle in Halo multiplayer. Test it and see for yourself if you don’t believe me.
> > > >
> > > > i am aware that the falcon is the fastest, but it has slow acceleration. read my entire post again, more carefully this time.
> > >
> > > You stated that the hornet was faster than the falcon.
> >
> > no, i said that the hornet was fast, but not as fast as the falcon, open your eyes dude, acceleration is different than top speed, hornet has a faster acceleration (time to get to top speed) but a lower top speed than a falcon.
>
> Oh lol, my mistake.

its all good, as long as you aren’t bashing on me or my opinion in the matter (read the very bottom of my OP for my personal opinion on the matter)

I think I’m going to have to go with Falcon, soley for looks. They are too evenly matched in my opinion but the Falcon looks cooler.