Halo 4 engine?

I just want to know how the halo 4 engine came to be. Did they modified the halo 3 engine or reach engine? It just looks so pretty now, 40 frames per second.

It is Reach’s engine, but modified with 30 frames per second.

Also so how long have they have worked on the engine?

Halo 3 > Halo Reach > Halo 4

Obviously it is a new design totally over the old engine.

Question tho, why would you think they’d take Halo 3s engine instead of reach? xD

> I just want to know how the halo 4 engine came to be. Did they modified the halo 3 engine or reach engine? It just looks so pretty now, 40 frames per second.

What game would chose to run at 40fps?

You either run 30 or you run 60.

Anything else just makes jumps appear.

inb4youcanttellthedifference.

Halo engine (Halo CE,2,3,ODST,Reach,4)
True 720p (Reach was sub-720p), 30fps.
Many aspects of the engine have been updated or even rebuilt from the ground up.
Lighting and shadders are very much optimised/

Sorry cant think straight. Thanks though. :wink:

The Halo 4 engine is an overhauled version of the Reach engine. However, Frank O’Connor did say that they rebuilt alot of the engine from the ground up, so it will, most likely, not be copies of any previous Halo engine, but have similarities between them.

It’s still the same engine that Bungie has been overhauling with each iteration since Halo: CE. They change and re-do so much that they consider it a brand new engine. So the Halo 4 engine is the Halo 4 engine just like the Halo Reach is the Halo Reach, and Halo 3 the Halo 3, and so on.

In other words it is it’s own engine, not just a changed Reach engine.

Halo 4 better not be on reach’s engine it was to kiddy I liked halo 3 it had the perfect amount of graphics and perfect color and was just 100 x better in my opinion…

> Halo 4 better not be on reach’s engine it was to kiddy I liked halo 3 it had the perfect amount of graphics and perfect color and was just 100 x better in my opinion…

It’s gonna be a new halo, Halo 4, not Halo 3, get used to it :slight_smile:

> Halo engine (Halo CE,2,3,ODST,Reach,4)
> True 720p (Reach was sub-720p), 30fps.
> Many aspects of the engine have been updated or even rebuilt from the ground up.
> Lighting and shadders are very much optimised/

This.

> Halo 4 better not be on reach’s engine it was to kiddy I liked halo 3 it had the perfect amount of graphics and perfect color and was just 100 x better in my opinion…

I don’t know why but i don’t like the lighting or the way the guns are held. They just seem to close

The engine for this game is amazing!! It looks very much more attractive now.

If you knew what a game engine was, you wouldn’t be saying that the Halo 3 engine is better than the Reach engine.

Reads thread
Wonders if people know what a game engine really is.

Nope looks like the majority don’t.

This is absolute GARBAGE!
Why can’t those lazy YOINKS build there OWN engine?

> Reads thread
> Wonders if people know what a game engine really is.
>
> Nope looks like the majority don’t.

Reads post, sees he’s an Iron. Laughs…
Continues with life.

> > Reads thread
> > Wonders if people know what a game engine really is.
> >
> > Nope looks like the majority don’t.
>
> Reads post, sees he’s an Iron. Laughs…
> Continues with life.

Laughs that game design knowledge is based off of the level you are on a forum.