Halo 4 engine

Hey !
Anyone got any info about Halo 4 engine?
I hope they are not using that Bungie engine ? I sure hope not.
Halo is the most important game on xbox, It should atleast look like a flagship title.

Please 343i, DO NOT use that old tech, I want to play my game like a real nextgen game.
There is no big leap between H2 and H3.Look at other game: Gears,Rage,Killzone,Far cry, and many more who looks outstanding.

I have been waiting for the wow factor I got from Halo 1 and 2 on The old xbox.

Please 343i, This is HALO, Make an effort to make it like a truly Nowgen Halo and not old gen.

Exhibit A http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/reviews/large/halo2_003-large.jpg

Exhibit B http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/886/886766/halo-3-cold-storage-screens-20080707032953671.jpg
This is not how a leap from gen to another looks like. They used the same ENGINE.

And now take a look at this:http://www.vgarabia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/killzone2_screenshot_61.jpg This is how next gen look like. From animation to lightning to everything.
. .
Please make new engine. A real next gen Halo.
Dont be as lazy as Bungie Please.

Make a New ENGINE for the love of GOD.

ITT: Graphics matter

I think Bungie retains the rights to the Reach engine, so I’m sure 343 is working from a new one. And in all honesty, since Halo 4 has been in development for at least two years already, they’re already working on which engine they chose.

Too late to turn back now. lol

They did not use the same engine. Graphics were finely polished and beautiful in Halo 3 compared to the jagged edged, slow loading graphics in Halo 2.

They do need a new engine however. Reach’s engine sucks.

> I think Bungie retains the rights to the Reach engine, so I’m sure 343 is working from a new one. And in all honesty, since Halo 4 has been in development for at least two years already, they’re already working on which engine they chose.
>
> Too late to turn back now. lol

Probably using a highly modified Havok Physics engine as always. What they’re using for graphics, I have no idea.

> Hey !
> Anyone got any info about Halo 4 engine?
> I hope they are not using that Bungie engine ? I sure hope not.
> Halo is the most important game on xbox, It should atleast look like a flagship title.
>
> Please 343i, DO NOT use that old tech, I want to play my game like a real nextgen game.
> There is no big leap between H2 and H3.
>
> Look at other game: Gears,Rage,Killzone,Far cry, and many more who looks outstanding.
>
> I have been waiting for the wow factor I got from Halo 1 and 2 on The old xbox.
>
> Please 343i, This is HALO, Make an effort to make it like a truly Nowgen Halo and not old gen.
>
> .
>
> Exhibit A http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/reviews/large/halo2_003-large.jpg
> Exhibit B http://spacehotel.com/images/web/1190542187_dave.jpg
>
>
>
> This is not how graphics looks from gen to another. They used the same ENGINE.
> Please make new engine. A real next gen Halo.
> Dont be as lazy as Bungie Please.
>
>
>
>
>
> Make a New ENGINE please.

So im guessing by engine you mean graphics. I like Halo Reach’s graphics they are just as good if not better than some of the games that have come out in the same timeline. I dont really think the same graphics engine has ever been used in different Halo tittles so i dont see why 343’s first game into the Halo franchise would be any different. Im thinking they have something up their sleeves.

<4 <343

> > I think Bungie retains the rights to the Reach engine, so I’m sure 343 is working from a new one. And in all honesty, since Halo 4 has been in development for at least two years already, they’re already working on which engine they chose.
> >
> > Too late to turn back now. lol
>
> Probably using a highly modified Havok Physics engine as always. What they’re using for graphics, I have no idea.

What I want to see is the graphics from that teaser, in gameplay, although it probably won’t happen.

> > > I think Bungie retains the rights to the Reach engine, so I’m sure 343 is working from a new one. And in all honesty, since Halo 4 has been in development for at least two years already, they’re already working on which engine they chose.
> > >
> > > Too late to turn back now. lol
> >
> > Probably using a highly modified Havok Physics engine as always. What they’re using for graphics, I have no idea.
>
> What I want to see is the graphics from that teaser, in gameplay, although it probably won’t happen.

Me too, although, yeah, it probably won’t happen. :frowning:

According to Microsoft Game studio head Phil Spencer the Halo 4 engine is not new( Isn’t 100% new)

This means That 343i is using that Bungie engine, Way to go 343i. You are using an old and maximized engine that can not produce a real next gen game with visuell or animation.

Everything screams OLD TECH ,OLD GRAPHIC , OLD EVERYTHING from the past games that Bungie did.

I have been a big supporter since Halo 1 til Now, And if Halo 4 is gonna look a little bit upgraded then Halo reach I aint gonna buy it.
I hate Bungie fro ruining my game experince. For crying out loud, Have YOU SEEN THE GAMES OUT THERE???

You can not just push that outdated ****(TECH) down our throat just beacause we love Halo.

Name some games that look better than Reach on Xbox 360, while running at 30 FPS and 1152x720. The Reach engine is great, and can only get better with tweaks from 343i.
I can tell you aren’t really technologically savvy, so try to remember that before you create a thread in the future.

I don’t care about the graphics, they were completely allright for Reach. What I care about, is what an engine can do besides graphics, and I’m pretty sure that’s something which has been limiting to Bungie over the years. Why the hell does the Reach campaign feels downgraded from Halo 3? I feel it’s the whole reason numerous things were cut or just mediocre in Reach.

Yeah, “feeling” downgraded while having larger levels and better viewdistance is more of a map design thing. Again, engine. Not weapons, canon inconsistency or sounds or armor lock or whatever other problems you had with Reach.

Sometimes it’s not all about the graphics but the game play. I hope H4 is like H2

I’m all about gameplay. Pretty graphics are a nice bonus. Y’all should have faith in 343i and their endeavor to make the next Halo game. They have a high standard to achieve for Halo and I am sure that they will not falter. Especially since 343 is full of people that love Halo.

You know it is a sad day in the game industry when people buy games depending on what the graphics look like.

Ahem,
The Reach engine runs at 1152x720p60. Halo3 was 1152x640p60.

Now yes, they both were 60fps. They ran on a dual-buffer presentation that presented 1 image, contrasted between 2 frames. This is what gives Halo its glow. And when running without slowdown, it can be a sight to behold.

And btw, SOURCE says “I pity the fool!”

> Yeah, “feeling” downgraded while having larger levels and better viewdistance is more of a map design thing. Again, engine. Not weapons, canon inconsistency or sounds or armor lock or whatever other problems you had with Reach.

Larger levels? Gotta be kidding. Play all the Halos again, Reach has the shortest missions (if you count real H2 missions, ie. Outskirts and Metropolis are one. Winter Contingency is smaller than Halo (of Halo CE), ONI: Swordbase is pretty short, Nightfall smaller than Truth and Reconciliation, the open areas being AS big, almost 10 years after. Tip of the Spear is a downgraded version of The Ark. Etc. Hell, Long Night of Solace is pretty damn small if you ask me. Reach levels are linear and short as ever. There’s not even anything on the same level as Halo 3’s scarab fights! Not on a higher level, but the same.

Ugh. A new engine was the ONLY thing I wanted for Halo 4. I didn’t really mind whether the gameplay was exactly the same. But the amount of times they’ve said that they ‘cannot do this due to engine limitations’ or ‘cannot do that due to engine limitations’ just makes me think that a new engine would be necessary for a brand new trilogy.

Examples:

1. Weapon balance cannot be tweaked in the final game due to each weapon being built into the maps. The only way that an overpowered weapon or vehicle can be ‘fixed’ is to completely remove it from all the maps in matchmaking through Forge.
  2. Armour DLC cannot be done due to each armour being built into the maps.
  3. Framerate is limited to 30fps.
  4. Maps take ages to design, which probably means that we should expect the same length Campaign as Halo 3/ODST/Reach (which is, quite short to be honest).

Even so, the Reach engine is pretty advanced…the problem was Bungie, they really didn’t make much of an effort to be honest.

If you look at the original Noble Actual cutscene, that was easily the best cutscene visually in the game. If 343 can optimize all of Halo 4 into that standard, then I’m satisfied enough.

Link or it didn’t happen. I can’t find this interview on eurogamer.net