Halo 4 Enemy: Gravemind is the Last Precursor-Good evidence inside

Ok, so one of my friends on Bungie.net named “Ajw34307” is VERY smart when it comes to Halo Universe/Canon stuff. He does a lot of research and reading to find out information of deep halo canon. THIS, post below is made by him completley and i give FULL credit to him. Im not sure if he has an account on here or if he even posts on here but these are his words on the enemy of Halo 4. *Please excuse the first sentence below for it is directed to the OP on B.net. Thanks.

*There is incontrovertible evidence to support that claim.

Prisoner=Gravemind

The Terminals state that Mendicant Bias conversed with the Gravemind for 43 years before forcing itself into Rampancy, defecting to the Flood and betraying the Forerunners. I find it to be far beyond coincidence that the test-firing of Installation 05 at Charum Hakkor - and thus the release of the Prisoner - occurred at the same time and they conversed also for 43 years.

Gravemind states in Human Weakeness that he has consumed many AIs but spared one who joined him long ago, obviously referring to Mendicant Bias.

Primordium’s description states that humans call the Prisoner “The Primordial”, this is the same name Major John Smith uses to describe the Flood in The Mona Lisa.

The Prisoner is known as “the Timeless One”, Gravemind describes himself as a “timeless chorus”.

Gravemind states he has “listened - through rock and metal and time”, the Prisoner listened to the humans and San’Shyuum at Charum Hakkor in his prison for a very long time.

The last words of the Gravemind is “resignation is my virtue; like water I ebb, and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved… but you imposed.” The latter part is referring to imprisonment, a sentence he never deserved. The PRISONER of Charum Hakkor, locked away for unknown reasons.

Mendicant Bias given charge of Installation 05 (his serial number was 05-032), the Prisoner stowed away on the Installation he stole - the same Halo we discover the Gravemind on 100,000 years later.

“Child of my enemy,” is a reference to Ancient Humanity - the first foe the Flood fought and lost against.

The Gravemind was in containment on Installation 05 and escaped when Penitent Tangent ignored his containment protocols. The Gravemind cannot have been formed after the breakout because there was no sentient life living there.*

All of this is legit, good reason info and directs to ONE of the enemies to possibly being the flood therefore Gravemind might be in H4. Any Qs please post them

Thanks

o hai :wink:

So we might be facing the original gravemind…this concept is not impossible

Mind = Destroyed

that was the biggest mind overload ever!

But I read the post through twice and your theory seems possible, whether it is what halo 4 will feature, is another question :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea I saw this tread on B.Net last night, and they’re was some idiot on their denying all of the evidence simply because he didn’t like the idea of the Gravemind and prisoner being the same person/entity.

Yeah the same idiot who kept saying that covie are in H4 cause his friend said so lol

> Mind = Destroyed

The gravemind Is NOT dead

He is very much alive still

> o hai :wink:

lol sorry AJ, lol

I read this forum recently too! But yea, everything he posted on there makes good sense.

I really can’t see how anyone with a brain could deny this as a valid theory. The evidence is right there!

> I really can’t see how anyone with a brain could deny this as a valid theory. The evidence is right there!

lol you should see a few idiots on B.net who say different lol saying that this isnt evidence and stuff

it makes perfect sense

Really great theory, everything seems to make sense, although that does not necessarily mean that you are right. There is of course the possibility that all of these are coincidences, or that 343 did not intend it to be read that way. I would not be against the return of the flood or the gravemind in Halo 4, but I would not want them to be the main enemies, I would prefer another antagonist to be the main threat.

> Really great theory, everything seems to make sense, although that does not necessarily mean that you are right. There is of course the possibility that all of these are coincidences, or that 343 did not intend it to be read that way. I would not be against the return of the flood or the gravemind in Halo 4, but I would not want them to be the main enemies, I would prefer another antagonist to be the main threat.

Yeah, thats what im thinking

I know that its not 100% true either due to what you said. It possibly not being seen that way in 343i eyes but you never know, cause greg bear is pretty much connected with 343i, making (like he said) his forerunner saga books to follow/connect with the upcoming Halo4/trilogy in a way.

That being said, the prisoner is being meantioned alot in Cryptum based off the info above.

AND, yes, i hope there is another enemy (multiple) that is the main enemy next to the flood being the next up in line.

And to top it All off, “Primordium” will definatley talk ALOT about the Prisoner, it is infact a character in the book, not a just meantioned character.

> Yea I saw this tread on B.Net last night, and they’re was some idiot on their denying all of the evidence simply because he didn’t like the idea of the Gravemind and prisoner being the same person/entity.

Yeah, he was extremely annoying. I think he gave up eventually though, thanks for the feedback everyone.

> Ok, so one of my friends on Bungie.net named “Ajw34307” is VERY smart when it comes to Halo Universe/Canon stuff. He does a lot of research and reading to find out information of deep halo canon. THIS, post below is made by him completley and i give FULL credit to him. Im not sure if he has an account on here or if he even posts on here but these are his words on the enemy of Halo 4.

I’m extremely flattered. Is that… am I blushing?! Oh god, my ego can’t take much more of this… :stuck_out_tongue:

> > Yea I saw this tread on B.Net last night, and they’re was some idiot on their denying all of the evidence simply because he didn’t like the idea of the Gravemind and prisoner being the same person/entity.
>
> Yeah, he was extremely annoying. I think he gave up eventually though, thanks for the feedback everyone.

Yes I just want to remind anyone and everyone who looks at this that ALL the credit goes to Ajw34307

Round of applause for Ajw

I’ll be back when I finish cryptum, just got to that part.