halo 4 dmr or battle rifle

what would be better the dmr or battlerifle for halo4

Battle Rifle

Battle Rifle, because that would be the probable weapon that MC will have on the ship (it didn’t have time to stock up since Halo 3). Plus, nearly everyone prefers the battle rifle.

The Halo 2 Beta Battle Rifle.
Burst unscoped.
Single shot scoped.

DMR = Army.

BR = Navy.

Master Chief is a Navy guy, so I doubt the DMR will be in Halo 4.

Both or Forerunner Skirmish Rifle.

> The Halo 2 Beta Battle Rifle.
> Burst unscoped.
> Single shot scoped.

Yeah, that would be nice.

If the BR returns, in a similar fashion to Halo3’s, then I wouldn’t mind the AR keeping the bloom and being sorta weak if it was slower on its precision degradation.

> DMR = Army.
>
> BR = Navy.
>
> Master Chief is a Navy guy, so I doubt the DMR will be in Halo 4.

Doesn’t mean the two military branches can’t use each other’s weapons.

But like ButterPie said, the Halo 2 beta’s BR is better than Halo 2’s and Halo 3’s BR.

I would say both, for the DMR should be less powerful than the Battle Rifle.

But if I had to choose only one, it would be the Battle Rifle.

DMR without bloom please

> Burst unscoped.
> Single shot scoped.

I like this idea

> Burst unscoped.
> Single shot scoped.

Does it do the same damage scoped since it only shoots one shot? sorry i didnt play the halo 2 beta

Halo 2 Br.

<4 <343

> > The Halo 2 Beta Battle Rifle.
> > Burst unscoped.
> > Single shot scoped.
>
> Does it do the same damage scoped since it only shoots one shot? sorry i didnt play the halo 2 beta

yes, basicly it’s using the same round, it’s just instead of you firing in burst, and having that 1 in 4 chance of hitting something at long range, you have 1 in 2 chance, and you don’t waist your ammo sniping.

battlerifle w/ hitscan ala halo 2

BR for numerous reasons. First of all, it is much better for gameplay as it doesn’t have random mechanics (spread can go). It also kills faster and only putting your reticle to the opponent’s head isn’t enough, you also have to follow the opponent with your reticle in order to hit all the shots from a burst. Secondly, it canonically fits into the game much better. It wouldn’t make sense for a navy ship to have army weapons in it. We also know that the ship had Battle Rifles.

Unless we are going to get an all new rifle (which I wouldn’t rule out), BR is the main weapon we are going to use throughout the game.

Halo 2 BR all the way

A single shot BR.

BR and Carbine FTW.
DMR…meh. Besides, DMR wouldn’t make sense canonically.