Halo 4 - DLC Playlists

Hey fellow Halo 4 players and 343 Industries, i am here to talk about the DLC playlists that were taken away and the maps were then just added to the other playlists.

Now, with the DLC maps, they are never in the 3 voting maps and when they are people vote for the other maps like the standard maps such as Exile and Ragnarok which i hate so much because i want to get all the achievements for Halo 4 but i can’t as the maps are never chosen. So here is what i propose, add in the Crimson, Majestic, Castle and Championship DLC playlists back and keep them there, ok, do not get rid of them because of low popularity because sometimes i just want to play the DLC maps without having to go through hours and hours of playing until the map finally pops up but everyone votes for a different map.

I would really like for you(343 Industries) to add in the DLC playlists so that myself, my friends and possibly many other people that want to play the DLC maps.

The playlists should be:

Max Player Count: 12

Min Player Count: 8

Max Party size 12

Max Local size: 4

I reckon this would be good and it could give people a chance to play the maps that they paid for and get their moneys worth of it instead of paying for all these map packs and not getting what they deserve because people want to play the main standard maps like Exile, Ragnarok and Longbow.

Comment the following below with a reason/description:

YES to have the DLC playlists added

NO to not have the DLC playlists added

-Cheers,

TheCheese8urger - Level 84 Engineer

There can’t be one playlist for all of the DLC. Maps are for different size teams.

Each of the DLC’s could have their own Playlist specifically designed for the maps

> Each of the DLC’s could have their own Playlist specifically designed for the maps

This has been discussed numerous times, all with the same answer. The more playlists there are, the more divided the population. This leads to slow search times and increased lag in games. Fair enough if there were 2 DLC playlists for BTB (Crimson and Castle maps) and 4v4 (Majestic and Bullseye).

> Fair enough if there were 2 DLC playlists for BTB (Crimson and Castle maps) and 4v4 (Majestic and Bullseye).

That could be a good idea having 2 DLC playlists of BTB and 4v4 Team Slayer

> > Fair enough if there were 2 DLC playlists for BTB (Crimson and Castle maps) and 4v4 (Majestic and Bullseye).
>
> That could be a good idea having 2 DLC playlists of BTB and 4v4 Team Slayer

Just have one of the DLC playlists there at all times. One slot should be dedicated to supporters of the product. Rotate the 2 lists every other week.

I would require DLC for BTB and Team Slayer. A permanent requirement would empower non-DLC owners with a sense of true value making it a no brainer. Population would be fine in no time (obviously UNLIKE the temporary DLC requirement they tried for TS which basically just said would you like to RENT DLC for $10 then never play it agian. And the population dropped… you don’t say!)…

The bad thing about DLC playlists is that it creates the same problem as the regular lists… only opposite. Requiring it, permanently, addresses the variety issue and also keep the playlists condensed.

A tickle affect would be cheap people playing the other low pop playlists more, which is great!

Spoiler alert: The population would drop at first… that’s why we are adding DLC to the highest population play lists. They will be fine.

343 would probably go with the DLC playlist, which works for me. Just saying… definitely not the best ‘long term’ option. I just want a chance at the achievements either way… oh wait… those don’t work either (:

I love Halo 4 but the customer support debacle is… weird?

We need those DLC playlist so achievements can be made, if not it’ll be just like call of duty

I personally agree with the two playlists idea. There should be one for BTB and then another for 4v4 game types.

After all, i hope 343 Industries read this and know that this is what we want. We want to be able to play the DLC Maps that we paid quite a fair bit of money for.

> This has been discussed numerous times, all with the same answer. The more playlists there are, the more divided the population. This leads to slow search times and increased lag in games. Fair enough if there were 2 DLC playlists for BTB (Crimson and Castle maps) and 4v4 (Majestic and Bullseye).

And yet we now have two BTB playlists. So this argument isn’t valid anymore I don’t think. It is all about numbers though. DLC is inherently low populated playlist. They have decided to cater to the BTB community rather than the members that have invested more than just time into Halo 4.

> After all, i hope 343 Industries read this and know that this is what we want. We want to be able to play the DLC Maps that we paid quite a fair bit of money for.

I wouldn’t hold my breath on this one. I more than agree though, and have been asking for this for quite some time. I made this thread a few months ago. In the hopes of driving the idea of helping to persuade 343 to make a permanent playlist. There have also been many other threads and posts about it. I think the main problem is the population numbers don’t coincide with the posts about it.

To be fair, the way 343i have handled the DLC has been pathetic. We payed good money for these maps, maps we may never get to play or have had a hard time getting to play them. It’s -Yoinking!- thievery

> To be fair, the way 343i have handled the DLC has been pathetic. We payed good money for these maps, maps we may never get to play or have had a hard time getting to play them. It’s -Yoinking!- thievery

There is no thievery going on what so ever. I have said this before and I’ll say it again:

Nowhere in the Xbox Live Terms of Service or the description of each DLC does it state that you are guaranteed to play ANY DLC in online matchmaking. Yes it sucks people rarely get to play them outside a DLC playlist, but 343 have done everything they are legally obligated to do to make the DLC maps available. They are integrated into every playlist, and are constantly available to everybody who owns them in either custom games or Forge. If you couldn’t play the maps at all (i.e. not even in customs or Forge) then you can say they are ripping you off.

Maybe they shouldn’t sell maps anymore and just make them for free.

If a ref makes a horrible call and someone mentions ‘Man, they got robbed’ does he mean that the player literally got robbed…

Man, we got robbed…

> Maybe they shouldn’t sell maps anymore and just make them for free.

Just like Guerilla Games. If GG can afford to offer free DLC maps I’m sure 343 and MS could. But then again why bother when you can exploit your fanbase for financial gain with -Yoink- DLC

> If a ref makes a horrible call and someone mentions ‘Man, they got robbed’ does he mean that the player literally got robbed…
>
> Man, we got robbed…

I don’t know if serious…

It’s just a figure of speech

I have alll maps and still till this day have not played any dlc on mp since i gotten them… needs dlc playlist…

> > If a ref makes a horrible call and someone mentions ‘Man, they got robbed’ does he mean that the player literally got robbed…
> >
> > Man, we got robbed…
>
> I don’t know if serious…
>
> It’s just a figure of speech

I was making the point that yes, we are getting robbed on the handling of DLC. It is thievery, basically.

People always jump in and say ‘technically read the terms of service, they are 100% in the clear, did nothing wrong, etc’. Duh, we know THAT. I don’t think anyone is literally calling for a lawsuit here… we’re simple saying, yes, we got robbed on the handling of the DLC (in the practical sense).