Halo 4 dissappoints, large lack of vehicles..

One of the main dissappointments i have with this game is the lack of vehicles in the game. halo 4 only has 7 vehicles in MP (10 if you count the shade and the other 2 warthogs as their own special vehicles). this is one vehicle less than reach and 2 less than halo 3.

but the numbers themselves arent what dissappoint me, but the variety. there is no air vehicle other than the banshee, which is a major step backwards (this sucks for machinima too). also, i am dissappointed that the mammoth doesnt make an appearence what so ever. lastly, i am dissappointed with the covie vehicle choice. all they have are ghosts, wraiths and banshees. no halo game since halo CE has had only three covie vehicles. halo 2 has the addition of the spectre, halo 3 had the chopper and prowler, and reach had the revenant. in halo 4, we dont get any of these at all. this will also be dissappointing in the campaign, because all the covies have for ground vehicles are ghosts and wraiths.

what are your opinions on this topic guys?

NOTE: i am definetly looking forward to using the Mantis though, it looks like alot of fun

i find it amusing that only now people are discussing the vehicles

before the bulletin, i thought all this stuff also, but at that time, no one cared…

no hornet… sniff sniff
guess i’ll stick to warthog and mantis only in H4…

> i find it amusing that only now people are discussing the vehicles
>
> before the bulletin, i thought all this stuff also, but at that time, no one cared…
>
> no hornet… sniff sniff
> guess i’ll stick to warthog and mantis only in H4…

i was always concerned, but i didnt think that 343i would act so weirdly and take out UNSC air vehicles (especially since the falcon WAS in a screenshot shown at E3), and i was really hoping that the covies would get at least one other vehicle

> > i find it amusing that only now people are discussing the vehicles
> >
> > before the bulletin, i thought all this stuff also, but at that time, no one cared…
> >
> > no hornet… sniff sniff
> > guess i’ll stick to warthog and mantis only in H4…
>
> i was always concerned, but i didn’t think that 343i would act so weirdly and take out UNSC air vehicles (especially since the falcon WAS in a screenshot shown at E3), and i was really hoping that the covies would get at least one other vehicle

i was really hoping that the Hornet, in particular, would come back, as H4 takes place AFTER halo 3, the birthgame of the Hornet
i loved it as soon as i got in it in H3

then came the Falcon, i was sad to the hornet leave, but i found the falcon to be surprisingly useful with good gunners under my wings

and now Halo 4 is coming, and i yet to see a proper replacement for EITHER the Hornet OR the Falcon

NOTE: for the record, i don’t classify the mantis as the replacement
yes, i know that it has almost equal firepower as the Hornet, it is a Mech, a land vehicle, not an Air vehicle

The bulletin hinted that the forge list was semi-comprehensive and they still have some tricks up thier sleeves, be hopeful November 6th isn’t far

> > > i find it amusing that only now people are discussing the vehicles
> > >
> > > before the bulletin, i thought all this stuff also, but at that time, no one cared…
> > >
> > > no hornet… sniff sniff
> > > guess i’ll stick to warthog and mantis only in H4…
> >
> > i was always concerned, but i didn’t think that 343i would act so weirdly and take out UNSC air vehicles (especially since the falcon WAS in a screenshot shown at E3), and i was really hoping that the covies would get at least one other vehicle
>
> i was really hoping that the Hornet, in particular, would come back, as H4 takes place AFTER halo 3, the birthgame of the Hornet
> i loved it as soon as i got in it in H3
>
> then came the Falcon, i was sad to the hornet leave, but i found the falcon to be surprisingly useful with good gunners under my wings
>
> and now Halo 4 is coming, and i yet to see a proper replacement for EITHER the Hornet OR the Falcon
>
>
>
> NOTE: for the record, i don’t classify the mantis as the replacement
> yes, i know that it has almost equal firepower as the Hornet, it is a Mech, a land vehicle, not an Air vehicle

i never said the mantis is replacing the hornet/falcon because its a completely different vehicle. but it is a cool one

> The bulletin hinted that the forge list was semi-comprehensive and they still have some tricks up thier sleeves, be hopeful November 6th isn’t far

im actually sick of people saying this. there are not going to be any other vehicles. she wouldnt forget a damn vehicle. we have seen all the maps, and we have seen all the vehicles that are on those maps, and those vehicles are the ones that are in the game

> > The bulletin hinted that the forge list was semi-comprehensive and they still have some tricks up thier sleeves, be hopeful November 6th isn’t far
>
> im actually sick of people saying this. there are not going to be any other vehicles. she wouldnt forget a damn vehicle. we have seen all the maps, and we have seen all the vehicles that are on those maps, and those vehicles are the ones that are in the game

Perhaps it was omitted because it would be a massive spoiler?

Regardless, I would remember this exact moment, because I have a feeling you and many others will be proven wrong.

> > The bulletin hinted that the forge list was semi-comprehensive and they still have some tricks up thier sleeves, be hopeful November 6th isn’t far
>
> im actually sick of people saying this. there are not going to be any other vehicles. she wouldnt forget a damn vehicle. we have seen all the maps, and we have seen all the vehicles that are on those maps, and those vehicles are the ones that are in the game

Well Falcon are in Halo 4 campaign. Usable or not on Forge is still unknown but they could always bring them in future map pack.

Just ask them if they can patch it in with a download or something

I guess it’s kind of a shame that the Hornet isn’t in the game, but I’m not going to shed any tears over it.

Quality over quantity I say - I don’t think any of the maps in Halo 4 really lend themselves to using the Falcon - you needed a big, open map to put that thing to decent use (especially with 2 gunners), and none of the maps in Halo 4 really have that. Sure the Hornet was in Halo 3 - but only on one map, and on that one map it was nerfed so bad it may as well not have been there in the first place - so really for 90% of Halo 3’s multiplayer, all we had was one flying vehicle any way.

I’m definitely not upset over the loss of the Spectre (some people seem to be counting this for some reason, even though it only appeared in Halo 2), Revenant or the Prowler - though I will admit to having liked to see the Brute Chopper to return.

Just because there are less vehicles doesn’t necessarily mean that BTB is going to suck now - that all depends on how well designed the maps are, how balanced the vehicles are, and how it all plays together. Adding in more for the sake of adding in more is just poor design, it should serve a purpose.

How does the game do almost everything right and then not have a Falcon/Hornet or no mid size Covie vehicle?

No way the Storm invades Requiem with Wraiths and no Revenant/Spectre

Lol I don’t even care about the damn hornet/falcon/whatever not being in the game.

Your sick of people who want a surprise or two or who believe that a game developer might leave out some info pre-release?
Until the game is in the Xbox nobody knows 100% of what’s in it , and its an 8 gig install for multiplayer

I was kindof excited to to see that the forge pieces were being laid out in the latest bulletin… but only to look at the vehicle section. I had been holding my breath thinking there would be at least a UNSC aerial vehicle they were holding back on us, but no such luck. :frowning: It would have been great to see in the Meltdown map and even Vortex.

I was also hoping for the Mammoth and even a forerunner type vehicle of some sort. But I wasn’t surprised the Brute Chopper didn’t make a return, even though it is one of my favorite vehicles.

The reason I was so surprised myself was because of how much more emphasis this game seems to have on BTB maps out of the box…a lot more than Reach did for sure. Maybe there is hope for at least the Mammoth in a future DLC map since that vehicle is already in the campaign. But if not, then I will still enjoy Halo 4 and hope for something in the next installment. :slight_smile:

> > > The bulletin hinted that the forge list was semi-comprehensive and they still have some tricks up thier sleeves, be hopeful November 6th isn’t far
> >
> > im actually sick of people saying this. there are not going to be any other vehicles. she wouldnt forget a damn vehicle. we have seen all the maps, and we have seen all the vehicles that are on those maps, and those vehicles are the ones that are in the game
>
> Perhaps it was omitted because it would be a massive spoiler?
>
> Regardless, I would remember this exact moment, because I have a feeling you and many others will be proven wrong.

i cant wait to prove you wrong.

> Your sick of people who want a surprise or two or who believe that a game developer might leave out some info pre-release?
> Until the game is in the Xbox nobody knows 100% of what’s in it , and its an 8 gig install for multiplayer

i can guartanee that that is the full vehicles list. i cant wait to prove all those people wrong when 343 finalli decides to admit making this massive mistake

Hopefully they yet to announce it or it will be in a future update or DLC!! And tbh I can see that happening eventually if there isn’t one because it’s a HUGE change

> I was kindof excited to to see that the forge pieces were being laid out in the latest bulletin… but only to look at the vehicle section. I had been holding my breath thinking there would be at least a UNSC aerial vehicle they were holding back on us, but no such luck. :frowning: It would have been great to see in the Meltdown map and even Vortex.
>
> I was also hoping for the Mammoth and even a forerunner type vehicle of some sort. But I wasn’t surprised the Brute Chopper didn’t make a return, even though it is one of my favorite vehicles.
>
> The reason I was so surprised myself was because of how much more emphasis this game seems to have on BTB maps out of the box…a lot more than Reach did for sure. Maybe there is hope for at least the Mammoth in a future DLC map since that vehicle is already in the campaign. But if not, then I will still enjoy Halo 4 and hope for something in the next installment. :slight_smile:

i never said that i wont enjoy halo 4, but i caan telll you that im dissappointed with the vehicle choice

not sure if serious