Halo 4 discs

Is it possible to install Halo 4 to my hard drive and run the whole game off my hard drive without using either of the discs?

You can install both but still need disc 1 in the console to run it

Ugh that -Yoinking!- sucks. Cheers anyway.

Nope. Seriously. You require a whole new disc to install or play the game. Installing another disc does not help Halo 4, or anygame you want.

Well, actually, you can run H4 off the disc after installing it to the console with all (both x2) discs. No big deal man

> Well, actually, you can run H4 off the disc after installing it to the console with all (both x2) discs. No big deal man

Yeah I know, but I wanted to run Halo 4 without using any of the discs.

Even if you install the disk (or both of them in this case), you’re always going to need the disk. That’s for any game you install.

> > Well, actually, you can run H4 off the disc after installing it to the console with all (both x2) discs. No big deal man
>
> Yeah I know, but I wanted to run Halo 4 without using any of the discs.

If they did that, people would just sell their game once installed or let their friends install it.

Even if you still need the disc, installing prolongs the life of said disc in the long run, because installing makes it so that the system doesn’t have to read the disc as often and as a result, your game disc isn’t going through as much wear and tear as normal gameplay.

why would Halo 4 be any different from all other xbox 360 games in this respect?