Halo 4 Disc case should have Multi-Discs

This is what I think Halo 4 should have in it’s game case:
A Multiplayer Disc
A Forge Disc
and A Campaign Disc
Just think about it, do you think 343i should do that? It would be better I think for each category to play on.

Examples:

Multiplayer Disc
What if you are in the mood for all-out multiplayer, don’t you want a Halo 4 Multiplayer Disc just for Matchmaking, Custom Games, and Theater? Go have fun ranking up and go against other players with probably a wide variety of game variants because… it’s Multiplayer! >:stuck_out_tongue:

Forge Disc
For those people who just loooove forge, this one points to you. This Disc has the ability to probably “Create Your Map” sorta thing, making good terrain to match your map, Design Forge World like instead of “Already There” rocks and stuff, you can just use scratch and make like a city and remove other stuff, In-Game objects can be deleted or moved. And I probably can’t list “Cool and Need-to-Be” forge stuff because the Forge community is creative and has their own section, check it out and maybe list your ideas ;D

Campaign Disc
Alright, adventure time. Lets have a disc for only Campaign to let us Explore more of the Halo Universe and what is happening to the Master Chief. I want to have a longer Campaign because I just love Halo and I want it to be reeally good and play more Campaign levels instead of like 10 or something, make it like 20, :smiley:

But anyways, my whole point is I hope 343i can do this, like what Bungie has done with ODSTs, Campaign and Multiplayer, but in Halo 4 Style! I know that it might be frustrating changing discs and stuff but I think it should be worth changing discs like from Forge to Multiplayer or something like that. It would probably cannot be matched with any other games because of its wide variety of choices on this game.

Try to make it happen? Everybody else, post your ideas on how it should be if they were to do Multi-Discs for Halo 4, because it probably can happen, :] Thanks for reading, Post!

P.S. I forgot FireFight but you can do that too

[deleted]

> This would be incredibly stupid to do. The reason ODST cost the price of a normal game is because it was dual disc. That’s more resources wasted.
>
> If there were 3-4 discs, it could even cost up to beyond $100

Plus I would have to look after 3 discs. If one gets scratched im doomed. To much of hassel for me. (im not being lazy either, I just dont wanna look after 3 discs.)

Forge on its own disc?? If anything it’ll be with the Multiplayer disc. I also want a Campaign disc only that way its a longer campaign. Hopefully

> This is what I think Halo 4 should have in it’s game case:
> A Multiplayer Disc
> A Forge Disc
> and A Campaign Disc
> Just think about it, do you think 343i should do that? It would be better I think for each category to play on.
>
> Examples:
>
> Multiplayer Disc
> What if you are in the mood for all-out multiplayer, don’t you want a Halo 4 Multiplayer Disc just for Matchmaking, Custom Games, and Theater? Go have fun ranking up and go against other players with probably a wide variety of game variants because… it’s Multiplayer! >:stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Forge Disc
> For those people who just loooove forge, this one points to you. This Disc has the ability to probably “Create Your Map” sorta thing, making good terrain to match your map, Design Forge World like instead of “Already There” rocks and stuff, you can just use scratch and make like a city and remove other stuff, In-Game objects can be deleted or moved. And I probably can’t list “Cool and Need-to-Be” forge stuff because the Forge community is creative and has their own section, check it out and maybe list your ideas ;D
>
> Campaign Disc
> Alright, adventure time. Lets have a disc for only Campaign to let us Explore more of the Halo Universe and what is happening to the Master Chief. I want to have a longer Campaign because I just love Halo and I want it to be reeally good and play more Campaign levels instead of like 10 or something, make it like 20, :smiley:
>
> But anyways, my whole point is I hope 343i can do this, like what Bungie has done with ODSTs, Campaign and Multiplayer, but in Halo 4 Style! I know that it might be frustrating changing discs and stuff but I think it should be worth changing discs like from Forge to Multiplayer or something like that. It would probably cannot be matched with any other games because of its wide variety of choices on this game.
>
> Try to make it happen? Everybody else, post your ideas on how it should be if they were to do Multi-Discs for Halo 4, because it probably can happen, :] Thanks for reading, Post!
>
>
>
>
> P.S. I forgot FireFight but you can do that too

You gotta be kidding me… If they were to put it as three seperate discs, then Halo 4 won’t be released until 2013 the earliest! I would like Halo 4 on one disc because I won’t have to swap discs which is a nuissance and I won’t have to spend so much time installing each disc onto my hard drive so my Xbox doesn’t make a huge amount of noise!

Hmmmm digital sounds better for multiplayer. Sadly i only have a 20gb HDD :frowning:

Well it can be just like a normal game like any other but it be like a Special Edition like or something, and if not, it could just be DLC if it has too. This can be like another Legendary Edition, but for a game and maybe an action figuire or something, just like Halo 3’s, expensive but with gifts, such as Master Chief’s Helmet, or Reach’s, expensive and also with more gifts, comes with flaming helmet, statue and other things, but this can be the Halo 4 Legendary Edition

> This would be incredibly stupid to do. The reason ODST cost the price of a normal game is because it was dual disc. That’s more resources wasted.
>
> If there were 3-4 discs, it could even cost up to beyond $100

So, so, so wrong. The number of disc that come with a game does not, in any way, determine the price. Halo 3: ODST was $60 because ODST was full game, and it came with a very handy multiplayer disc (I know I loved freeing up some harddrive space).

Look at a game like LA Noire. I believe it was 3 discs (planned to be 5), and still only cost $59.99. Look at any Final Fantasy title. It never cost any more just because it had mutliple discs.

In response to the OP: Multiple discs would be okay, but unless necessary, I would hope it’s avoided.

Why do people even ask for more disks? If it can fit on one which it always has it will. They never held anything back due to disk space.

> Why do people even ask for more disks? If it can fit on one which it always has it will. They never held anything back due to disk space.

Says who?

I wouldn’t mind a campaign disc and MP disc IF it meant that the campaign was the ENTIRE disc. I don’t want 343 to rely on the next 2 sequels when they are building campaign - I want a complete story within a story each game - none of that cliffhanger bullshod we got with Halo 2 (which I loved besides the ending…).

Give me a great story, and you can put it on 10 discs for all I care.

> If there were 3-4 discs, it could even cost up to beyond $100

Not necessarily. Both Star Ocean: The Last Hope and Final Fantasy XIII come on three discs each, and Lost Odysse has four. Yet all those games don’t cost more than 1-disc games.

I’m all for a separate campaign disc and a multiplayer disc that included Forge on it. Though only as long as they made use of the extra space that would provide on the campaign disc. If it’s split up for the sake of splitting up the content, then it really serves no purpose.

The reason certain XBox 360 games come with multiple discs is because the disc format Microsoft is using is very limited, even Nintendo is stretching out into larger memory sized discs.

For example, Final Fantasy XIII came with, like 3 discs on the 360, whereas it came with only 1 on the PS3 because the Blu-Ray has significantly more space on the disc.

But if you guys know who GUNNS4HIRE is on YouTube, he’s brought this topic up quite a few times.

Even SD Cards have more memory on them than XBox discs.

Right now, disc-based media is becoming more and more obsolete, digital media is a much more viable option, but due to security and all that, companies can’t exactly start using them for things like video games. Stuff like Steam and Origin are becoming more popular as opposed to actually going out and purchasing the physical copy because it’s a much better option.

Halo 4 will come with how many discs it is required to contain it all. Seeing as it’s Microsoft’s baby, they might allow 343 to use multiple discs, permitting them to ship the game with more content. But if they are only restricted to one disc, a lot of features might get cut.

> > If there were 3-4 discs, it could even cost up to beyond $100
>
> Not necessarily. Both Star Ocean: The Last Hope and Final Fantasy XIII come on three discs each, and Lost Odysse has four. Yet all those games don’t cost more than 1-disc games.

I still wouldnt want the hassel of keeping an eye on multi-discs. I have a little brother that uses my x-box and is always messing with my discs. I would be afraid that he would break one. Lets just keep to one disc please.

Wasn’t there an xbox update a few months ago that enables the console to read higher-compressed disc formats that can store up to 7.7 GB?

> Wasn’t there an xbox update a few months ago that enables the console to read higher-compressed disc formats that can store up to 7.7 GB?

Thought it was 9.7.

Anyway - we’re talking about a system that shipped in 2005. Yes the PS3 has larger capacity discs, but at launch, the console was $500 - we were at $300 and $400. Even now, we’re at $200 or below entry level console, and they’re at $300. They are paying more for the Blu-ray drive in their console. It’s helped them keep most (if not all) games to one disc. I don’t mind disc swapping anyway, so it’s not a big deal for me.

I don’t want to have to constantly switch disks around. I would rather go simingly from matchmaking to forge or campaign.

> This is what I think Halo 4 should have in it’s game case:
> A Multiplayer Disc
> A Forge Disc
> and A Campaign Disc
> Just think about it, do you think 343i should do that? It would be better I think for each category to play on.
>
> Examples:
>
> Multiplayer Disc
> What if you are in the mood for all-out multiplayer, don’t you want a Halo 4 Multiplayer Disc just for Matchmaking, Custom Games, and Theater? Go have fun ranking up and go against other players with probably a wide variety of game variants because… it’s Multiplayer! >:stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Forge Disc
> For those people who just loooove forge, this one points to you. This Disc has the ability to probably “Create Your Map” sorta thing, making good terrain to match your map, Design Forge World like instead of “Already There” rocks and stuff, you can just use scratch and make like a city and remove other stuff, In-Game objects can be deleted or moved. And I probably can’t list “Cool and Need-to-Be” forge stuff because the Forge community is creative and has their own section, check it out and maybe list your ideas ;D
>
> Campaign Disc
> Alright, adventure time. Lets have a disc for only Campaign to let us Explore more of the Halo Universe and what is happening to the Master Chief. I want to have a longer Campaign because I just love Halo and I want it to be reeally good and play more Campaign levels instead of like 10 or something, make it like 20, :smiley:
>
> But anyways, my whole point is I hope 343i can do this, like what Bungie has done with ODSTs, Campaign and Multiplayer, but in Halo 4 Style! I know that it might be frustrating changing discs and stuff but I think it should be worth changing discs like from Forge to Multiplayer or something like that. It would probably cannot be matched with any other games because of its wide variety of choices on this game.
>
> Try to make it happen? Everybody else, post your ideas on how it should be if they were to do Multi-Discs for Halo 4, because it probably can happen, :] Thanks for reading, Post!
>
>
>
>
> P.S. I forgot FireFight but you can do that too

Then it would be hard to get together dude. It is a good idea, but it wouldn’t work.

> > Why do people even ask for more disks? If it can fit on one which it always has it will. They never held anything back due to disk space.
>
> Says who?
>
> I wouldn’t mind a campaign disc and MP disc IF it meant that the campaign was the ENTIRE disc. I don’t want 343 to rely on the next 2 sequels when they are building campaign - I want a complete story within a story each game - none of that cliffhanger bullshod we got with Halo 2 (which I loved besides the ending…).
>
> Give me a great story, and you can put it on 10 discs for all I care.

Halo reach is only 6.5gigs big. They had another 2 gigs worth of space to add stuff. Obviously they didn’t not add it due to space. Halo 3 is 5.7 gigs big so I’m pretty sure even if they add just as much stuff to halo 4 as they did reach and more they would still would have extra space.

Aesthetics aside, 343, please use as many or as few disks as needed.